Hyundai wrapped around a Taurus billboard sign

8A4RE

Ok, it's not funny because somebody surely died in that one. But it's hard not to snicker at the Taurus billboard with the Hyundai car wrapped around the post. Ok, so I'm twisted and evil, but you fuckers know you all laughed too, I'm just evil enough to point it out in polite company.

Geez people. Kind of sick some of the responses. Captions say 'Fatal'.

I guess there is no way telling how some will see a fatal accident.

I sure feel for those family members that lost someone.

While it's a shame that someone died, usually people don't get into an accident like that unless they're driving like an asshat. But I digress.

If in the end this irony of a Hyundai wrapping itself around a Taurus billboard convinces some people to buy the safer Taurus instead of saving a few dollars on a Hyundai, maybe the person won't have died in vain.

Nasty wreck. im sure he was going waaaaay beyond the speed limit when it happened, and well, i doubt any car would have fared well in that wreck.

Still..... im sure many have noticed the accidental product placement even outside our little blue oval world here.....

While yes it is a tragedy, I'm sorry but the person must have been driving like an jack*ss to get in that type of an accident. I guess their Hyundai didn't have it's "ESC" turned on. But I agree, it's VERY ironic that this billboard displayed the Taurus. It's kinda hilarious in a sick and twisted way...Has someone emailed this off to Leno or some other night show for them to mock it ?

While yes it is a tragedy, I'm sorry but the person must have been driving like an jack*ss to get in that type of an accident. I guess their Hyundai didn't have it's "ESC" turned on. But I agree, it's VERY ironic that this billboard displayed the Taurus. It's kinda hilarious in a sick and twisted way...Has someone emailed this off to Leno or some other night show for them to mock it ?

I think it is Ford's fault for putting that heavy I beam used as a sign post so close to the highway and should be sued for negligence. :banghead:

Actually, if the Hyundai had had a frame (BOF) the damage might not have been fatal.

Edited by 4d4evr

At least the billboard stayed up. The Hyundai didn't even have enough sack in it to knock over a billboard??? I agree with the comments about driving like an ass-clown, that was probably the root cause. Sadly the family will probably sue Ford now because the billboard distracted the driver.

At least the billboard stayed up. The Hyundai didn't even have enough sack in it to knock over a billboard??? I agree with the comments about driving like an ass-clown, that was probably the root cause. Sadly the family will probably sue Ford now because the billboard distracted the driver.

I think the sign is blank on the other side, I saw wrecks like that all the time coming and going from CAP! one night their was a PT cruiser with a radio station logo on it that hit the bridge on 130th and flipped over just before 3rd shift let out, people just have a death wish or something!

I think it is Ford's fault for putting that heavy I beam used as a sign post so close to the highway and should be sued for negligence. :banghead:

Actually, if the Hyundai had had a frame (BOF) the damage might not have been fatal.

I doubt if Ford owns the billboard, but I agree. All signs here in California are required to be break away designs when near highways.

I doubt if Ford owns the billboard, but I agree. All signs here in California are required to be break away designs when near highways.

But the post for the billboard weren't that near the highway, they were behind a fence, on the Ford property adjacent to a parking lot. I don't see any negligence on the part of Ford for placement or designof the billboard, only on the part of the unfortunate driver of the car wrapped around the billboards support for driving at excessive speeds. Slow down people! You don't do that kind of damage to a car when driving at reasonable speeds. Torrence Avenue isn't a freeway in fornt of CAP.