Sales?

gt5001

Here in L.A. I haven't seen one yet on the road, but I have seen an Enzo, a F430 spyder, numerous Gallardo's, etc..

Somethings wrong when you see rare exotics like that more than a bread and butter car like the fusion.

Is Ford having problems with supply and distribution or are the import loving loonies here in so Cal just not buying them?

They seem to be selling well here, and I've spotted several on the raod, as well as a few Zephers. I'm looking at one myself, and took one out for a test drive. I must admit I rather liked it. Besides, while it is FA'd in Mexico, we make a lot of the engine parts here in Windsor, so it's success is out success. It's too bad that Mercury isn't sold in Canada anymore. I must admit I like the Mercury versions of most of Fords products better.

It's getting great reveiws in all the car mags, and it's too bad that Fords quality issues are haunting sales of the current crop of cars. But it's a hole Nasser dug, and we can only hope that action translates to sales in the future.

Edited by Jason Kerluck

I have mine on order for my personal fleet. I'm looking forward to it, I like manuals only and it's the only sedan Ford offers that can fulfill my need. Sales are picking up, it wasn't until just November that FoMoCo kicked up the advertising on it. Less than 10,000 total have been sold so obviously you're not going to see them all over the place, statistically speaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a titanium green and camel one in a Target parking lot in Minneapolis today. Actually parked nose to nose with my beater Jetta. I think it was an SE with a 4 cylinder maybe. Seemed like it had twin pipes on the right side. It was 10° so I didn't do a lot of looking but what I did see was nice. Much better looking in the rear quarters than I had gathered from photos. Nice size too. Oh now I see you can't get the V6 with a stick. Gee I hate that. SVT version maybe some day? 3.5L with a 5 or 6 speed. Kinda like a rebirth of the SVT Contour.

My biggest question was how that chromed grill was going to look in a few years. I hate sand.

I've seen a couple of Fusions and a Zephyr around town, no Milans yet though.

I almost bought one. My '94 Explorer, with 200k miles on it, went in for what I thought might be some serious service. Fearing a high repair bill, I checked out a couple of Fusions and was ready to buy pending the result of the engine diagnostics. Fortunately, it only needed new plug wires, a tune-up, a cleaning of the MAF sensor, and resetting the computer and I was good to go.

Now I can hold out for the Duratec 35.

The dealership I work for in a suburb of Chicago is doing very well with the Fusion. We sell everyone that we get our hands on. Every dealer we talk to about a dealer trades wants one back or doesn't have any to give back. that usually means that the vehicle is in high demand else where. i see just as many new fusions on the road as I do new civics. the way things are going is very promising.

My wife's Grand Am got t-boned in an intersection a few weeks ago, she was unhurt-thank goodness. Car was totaled. The Milan, that we ordered came in the next day and we received it the same afternoon. She has 600 miles on it already and this car is flawless. We took it for a long high speed drive on New Years day and I can't recomend more highly! It's a beautiful car with excellent fit and finish. The only problem is the dirty roads here in Massachusetts.

My wife test drove the Zephyr and felt it wasn't peppy enough. After that, she drove the Charger R/T and decided to buy. I'm not sure about having a Dodge in the driveway, but it seems like a nice car. :(

Wait till she adds up the tab for gas at the end of the month....

• 2 weeks later...