Ford Verve

RichardJensen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you guys realize that this is a concept with exaggerated features, i.e. the grill. The spyshots seem to indicate a more subdued grill opening. OTOH, the spyshots also seem to indicate that the sheetmetal is just about identical to the production car.

Chrysler couldn't come up with a car this attractive with their current "talent". See the Hornet concept for proof.

I hope you guys realize that this is a concept with exaggerated features, i.e. the grill. The spyshots seem to indicate a more subdued grill opening. OTOH, the spyshots also seem to indicate that the sheetmetal is just about identical to the production car.

Chrysler couldn't come up with a car this attractive with their current "talent". See the Hornet concept for proof.

Yes, it's a concept, but all of the hardpoints are pretty much set, so aside from a few exaggerated details, what we see is what we'll get.

JUST BUILD IT! Sure, it's not for everyone but it is dynamic, bold and WAY better looking in its market than any Scion, Honda, Saturn, Hyundai whatever-whatcha-ma-call-its. Ford, stop trying to please everyone by building bland cars that appeal to noone. Pleasae, build dynamic bold cars that are also reliable and people will buy them.

JUST BUILD IT! Sure, it's not for everyone but it is dynamic, bold and WAY better looking in its market than any Scion, Honda, Saturn, Hyundai whatever-whatcha-ma-call-its. Ford, stop trying to please everyone by building bland cars that appeal to noone. Pleasae, build dynamic bold cars that are also reliable and people will buy them.

like the thinking.........."is THAT a Ford? "

This is a rough chop with the front lengthened, the hood, cowl lowered, and the lower grill opening proportionally reduced.

The US wouldn't need such a high hoodline as the European as we do not have such strict pedestrian impact standards

That still looks pretty good, although I think we're going to be stuck with the same hoodline, as that is dictated by the hardpoints beneath the sheet metal, which will supposedly be identical in all markets.

This is a rough chop with the front lengthened, the hood, cowl lowered, and the lower grill opening proportionally reduced.

The US wouldn't need such a high hoodline as the European as we do not have such strict pedestrian impact standards

more I see the car more I like it....don't change a thing, but DO come out with a sporty spice....perhaps that 2.5 turbo we have all been hearing about....can we say SCREAMER! and between you and me, i think it is just a matter of time before we too have the pedestrian impact standards pressed on our designers too.........

more I see the car more I like it....don't change a thing, but DO come out with a sporty spice....perhaps that 2.5 turbo we have all been hearing about....can we say SCREAMER! and between you and me, i think it is just a matter of time before we too have the pedestrian impact standards pressed on our designers too.........

I don't think the 2.0 N/A would fit there, a 2.5 turbo is outright impossible.

The car is the size of an Aveo, 200HP would shred the chassis.

Better steel?

IIRC, the biggest mill is 1.6 liter. Ford-standard TwinForce rig would do 180 or so. Unless you're a torque-steer enthusiast, AWD becomes necessary. The good news is that the up-coming Ford-Getrag tansmissions will allow this, and hopefully the B floorpan can be adapted to AWD.

At 260 hp, there's no problem, the parts just get more expensive. In WRC, they use a roll-cage to brace the structure, but if the dies could take it, would better steel do the trick? Could it be possible to do a "light-duty" "roll cage" that the consumer can live with? Stiffer, safer and funkier.

Would an RX-8 turbo fit in a Mazda 2?

Better steel?

IIRC, the biggest mill is 1.6 liter. Ford-standard TwinForce rig would do 180 or so. Unless you're a torque-steer enthusiast, AWD becomes necessary. The good news is that the up-coming Ford-Getrag tansmissions will allow this, and hopefully the B floorpan can be adapted to AWD.

At 260 hp, there's no problem, the parts just get more expensive. In WRC, they use a roll-cage to brace the structure, but if the dies could take it, would better steel do the trick? Could it be possible to do a "light-duty" "roll cage" that the consumer can live with? Stiffer, safer and funkier.

Would an RX-8 turbo fit in a Mazda 2?

I have no idea, wouldn't "better steel" mean a heavier car? again I don't have any idea so I should shut up and just read the posts >_>.

The grill is not a hardpoint, and the spyphotos show a smaller opening.

The grill no, but the height of the hood is likely dictated more by the height of the shock/strut towers and engine than it is by pedestrian standards, so I wouldn't expect to see a much lower hoodline.

My first impression was "Why is there a picture of a Chrysler concept on BON?" I'm not saying it is horrible or anything like that but the entire frontend definitely looks more like a Chrysler than a Ford.

no, the only thing that looks chrysler is the chrome wings around the blue oval. The mouth grill is very Astin Martin like. I would scoop one of these up in a heartbeat. Nothing like driving around in what looks like a mini AM.