Frankfurt Preview: Ford Kuga crosses over to production

Autoblog - Link

FRANKFURT PREVIEW FOR NEW FORD KUGA CROSSOVER

COLOGNE, Germany, September 5, 2007 – Ford is releasing the first details of its new Kuga crossover at the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show, where the car will be previewed ahead of production early in 2008. The Kuga will be previewed alongside the new Ford Verve Concept small car and other exciting new products yet to be revealed on the show's first press day, September 11th.

fordkuga_prehi009.jpg

As opposed to a bad, very bad, Freelander knock off. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Go buy a Mazda.

BTW, I'm not liking the look of the upholstery in that Kuga. Hideous Tron inspired piping aside, the materials look rather short-lived.

Which gets me to a minor beef about auto-journalists and their 'soft touch' fetishes: What of upholstery? I saw the standard cloth in a VW Jetta the other day (granted it was previous generation), and I was disgusted. The stuff looked and felt awful. Ditto the Mazda6. The base fabric was atrocious.

I mean, c'mon. The faux canvas stuff Ford puts in cars like the Fusion & Mustang has it all over that thin cheap nasty stuff.

Edited by RichardJensen

Go buy a Mazda.

BTW, I'm not liking the look of the upholstery in that Kuga. Hideous Tron inspired piping aside, the materials look rather short-lived.

Which gets me to a minor beef about auto-journalists and their 'soft touch' fetishes: What of upholstery? I saw the standard cloth in a VW Jetta the other day (granted it was previous generation), and I was disgusted. The stuff looked and felt awful. Ditto the Mazda6. The base fabric was atrocious.

I mean, c'mon. The faux canvas stuff Ford puts in cars like the Fusion & Mustang has it all over that thin cheap nasty stuff.

Tron...funny...so does that mean you don't like the flaming red inserts avail in several of the FOA products.....

Looks a hell of a lot better than that horrible rendering, and of course RJ hates it, if it was a Ford of North America product he'd say it was hand sculpted by God himself.

Looks like another great car the real Ford company has churned out.

And that interior looks great, hopefully that's the production vehicle, not just a concept...

if it was a Ford of North America product he'd say it was hand sculpted by God himself.

Yeah. I say that about the Explorer and '08 Focus -all- the time. In fact I've said it at least 367 times on this forum today.

I'm in the middle of starting a new thread called, "Why I think that the chrome on the front of the Ford Explorer is a fantastically super-perfect design that will set many trends and make people buy SUVs again"

---

It amuses me to see people that fawn over everything that comes out of Europe accuse me (and others) of fawning over everything that comes from Ford NA.

Although PC doesn't like the Kuga. But on principle, he thinks it should be sold here instead of the Escape.