Decline of f150 sales

stickman

I guess by now that Bill Ford has learned that truck buyers do pay attention to what is going on at ford.Fords truck sales prove that people lost confidence in Ford when Ford shut Norfolk Assembly. Good job Bill!

I thik you really need to shake your head. Truck sales werre down before that, and the F-150 is the oldest truck out there. The Super Duty cannot pick up for all of the decline. It had nothing to do with Norfolk. It had to be closed long with the other plants, or there would soon be no Ford left.

I guess by now that Bill Ford has learned that truck buyers do pay attention to what is going on at ford.Fords truck sales prove that people lost confidence in Ford when Ford shut Norfolk Assembly. Good job Bill!

Right, Ford sales went down because they closed a plant and couldn't possibly be Ford closing a plant due to sales going down...

That must be some good crack you're smoking...

You have a truck that is too big,too heavy and too stiff. Seats are not good at all on the trucks all except the Lariat series. The vehicle has limited powertrain choices,and colors are bland.

The truck needs an overhaul.

Too stiff?? How does a fullsize pickup become "too stiff"? Would you rather it be like FJ Cruisers with cracking body panels because of flex?

Refresh comes out next year....hang loose.

Too stiff...yes too stiff. The ride is too stiff for a lot of customers. I see real customers everyday.

stiff???? weird for a vehicle designed for PAYLOAD.........great, load up a vehicle that rides like a 60's cadillac unladen and cause accidents whilst wandering all over the road....one idea...swap tires....B F Goodrich seem to ride better.....

Too stiff...yes too stiff. The ride is too stiff for a lot of customers. I see real customers everyday.

You have no clue. Its a truck. I would rather it be stiff than wallowing. The eats are good, and it has as many powertrain choices as most of the competition and the most choice over all. It's still a good truck.

Did I EVER say that the F-150 needs to be WALLOWING...or ride like a 1978 Town Car?....NO. Belive it or not....construction sites are not where the F150 volume is....it's with regular folks that hauls nothing more than a light trailer with jet ski's on them. Drive the competition... the majority of consumers don't give a SHIT about payload.

I've sold F150's for 25 years...I have a little clue.

Edited by ironhorse

Did I EVER say that the F-150 needs to be WALLOWING...or ride like a 1978 Town Car?....NO. Belive it or not....construction sites are not where the F150 volume is....it's with regular folks that hauls nothing more than a light trailer with jet ski's on them. Drive the competition... the majority of consumers don't give a SHIT about payload.

I've sold F150's for 25 years...I have a little clue.

me too...and not ONE complaint about ride........personally i think Fords ride compromise is the best of the bunch...refer to the Titus clip showing the competition falling apart, beds bashing cabs or falling off whilst traversing Fords torture road......what would YOU rather have...a truck built to take abuse or one of em "slick" new Yodas?????? sales volume speaks for itself.....trucks aren't "bought" for their ride quality.....course they are going to ride stiffer than a vehicle designed to appese a different buyer....

me too...and not ONE complaint about ride........personally i think Fords ride compromise is the best of the bunch...refer to the Titus clip showing the competition falling apart, beds bashing cabs or falling off whilst traversing Fords torture road......what would YOU rather have...a truck built to take abuse or one of em "slick" new Yodas?????? sales volume speaks for itself.....trucks aren't "bought" for their ride quality.....course they are going to ride stiffer than a vehicle designed to appese a different buyer....

The last generation 1997-2004 F150 is a better built truck than most of the offerings today...are you telling me you don't have owners that experienced ride/vibration problems on the new 150?

The last generation 1997-2004 F150 is a better built truck than most of the offerings today...are you telling me you don't have owners that experienced ride/vibration problems on the new 150?

I think NOT! And I own a 1994 F-150, which the 97-04 is better in many ways, but not totally. And the 97-04 is definitely not better than the latest iteration of F-150 in almost any way of evaluation you could choose. :redcard:

SUV_GUY:It's still a good truck Yup! But sometimes being good doesn't get you where you need to be. And I am a lifelong Ford hugger.

Edited by jonas1022

I think NOT! And I own a 1994 F-150, which the 97-04 is better in many ways, but not totally. And the 97-04 is definitely not better than the latest iteration of F-150 in almost any way of evaluation you could choose. :redcard:

SUV_GUY:It's still a good truck Yup! But sometimes being good doesn't get you where you need to be. And I am a lifelong Ford hugger.

Well, there's a new truck right around the corner, and it will be even better. The current one isn't very old anyway.

You have a truck that is too big,too heavy and too stiff. Seats are not good at all on the trucks all except the Lariat series. The vehicle has limited powertrain choices,and colors are bland.

I'll second the too big comment. As far as too stiff, I cant comment on ride, but I find most seats today ARE too stiff.

I own a '93 Ranger with the factory buckets. These seats are way more comfortable (to me) than the ones they put in any/all of the Ford trucks/suvs I've sat in lately. It seems the padding underneath has little or no give (at least to someone about 180 lbs). Why is this?

I can't believe its durability because my seats still seem to be as good as they ever were. They have enough "squish" to provide a comfortable place to sit, but still stiff (enough) to prevent feeling like I'm in a bean bag. If they wanted a great example to follow, they should look at those seats!

I'm not sure what colors they could offer differently. It seems to me they've had the same basic ones for years, although they always have had added one "wild" color to the mix.

I see nothing wrong with the powertrains, except I'd like to see better fuel economy. A proper 5-6 spd tranny would probably wake up the 4.6 and help FE.

I would like to know why they offer the V-6 and the 4.6L since there is no discernable difference in FE (EPA-rated anyway). Is this just heritage, or is the current V-6 the indistructible engine that the I-6 was?

I have an 03 SuperCrew. Before buying it though, I test drove an 04 Screw. The 04 was way smoother and quieter. If it wasn't for the fact of the $$ buying new, that's what I would have now.

Oh, and by the way, I am just a Joe Schmoe who picks up stuff and tows a small camper. For everything I do, the 04 is what I would prefer. Just wasn't willing to pay for at the time. And I'll be keeping an eye out for the new generation. With trans and power updates, I just might be paying for new! (DIESEL!)

While I am not a huge fan of newer F150 exterior design, my father in laws' '06 F150 rides smoother,quieter, more comfortable seating, more get up and go, by far better interior design and ergos than my '01 F150. If that exterior was more appealing, I would probably trade my old one in. By the way, I still love my '01.

I thik you really need to shake your head. Truck sales werre down before that, and the F-150 is the oldest truck out there. The Super Duty cannot pick up for all of the decline. It had nothing to do with Norfolk. It had to be closed long with the other plants, or there would soon be no Ford left.

Wouldn't the oldest truck out there be the Dodge? It seems like the current Dodge came out in 2002 except for a very minor grille update last year.

I'm all over the

Uncomfortable seats comment

The current F150 seats look great and have an awsome profile - but

are some of the most uncomfortable -

very ungiving and don't conform at all and an almost unusual seating position

and I too think the Ranger near bucket seats feel great and support too

You live in the interior of your vehicle - not outside

and I can tell you that rock hard seats that are more look than feel

are a deal buster to me when I buy a vehicle

My experience in a vehicle totally starts with how I SIT

in the environment

Period