On This Day

Don't be a dick Nick.

Nothing "dickish" about it.....but if I wanted to read something about 9/11, I wouldn't be on BON right now. Some of us remember without needing tasteless reminders like the one above.

Not to mention, this is completely off-topic.

Edited by NickF1011

Everything is saturated with 9/11 to the point of exploitation... I remember on 9/11 that I could not watch the same images they were showing on every single channel every two minutes anymore...I finally had to turn to the food network. It is still difficult today to see any of those images...when the man that lived down the street from me with a pregnant wife & two kids didn't come home that day. The left over cars in the train station parking lot that I use every day.

I understand that you want to pay your respects, but there are places for it. Posting the pic of a man leaping to death out of desperation is in poor taste.

Gentlemen, and Ladies if there be any amongst us.

Today is six years since that day of days.

We will never forget you sir.

I bet Blackhorse has 12 ribbon magnets on his trunk so he can say to himself "I'm more American than you are!!!" :P

This is your 4th post on this thread Nick.

I come here to escape this kind of stuff.

This was your first.

You don't look to me like you're trying to escape it at all hypocrite. You know what this thread is about. If you're so trying to "escape" it then don't come here.

I'd rather honor the memory of this man and say "Mister, I don't know who you are, but I'd rather remember you, then remember the men that attacked us. I'd rather pay respect to the innocent people who died that day and tell them We will remember you always."

The rest of you can call it tasteless and feel all uneasy about it or whatever your little weak asses desire. I'm just paying my respects to a man that deserves it, who was one among many that passed on that day. They all deserve to be remembered.

I'm not trying to be ghoulish or twisted or anything but respectful of this man. He is worth remembering, and frankly he's worth taking a moment to say to yourself, "We won't forget you." As for the rest of you, if it bothers you that much, then don't come here. Run away and hide from it.

This is your 4th post on this thread Nick.

This was your first.

You don't look to me like you're trying to escape it at all hypocrite. You know what this thread is about. If you're so trying to "escape" it then don't come here.

I'd rather honor the memory of this man and say "Mister, I don't know who you are, but I'd rather remember you, then remember the men that attacked us. I'd rather pay respect to the innocent people who died that day and tell them We will remember you always."

The rest of you can call it tasteless and feel all uneasy about it or whatever your little weak asses desire. I'm just paying my respects to a man that deserves it, who was one among many that passed on that day. They all deserve to be remembered.

I'm not trying to be ghoulish or twisted or anything but respectful of this man. He is worth remembering, and frankly he's worth taking a moment to say to yourself, "We won't forget you." As for the rest of you, if it bothers you that much, then don't come here. Run away and hide from it.

I'm posting here to make fun of you now, not to see the picture above. You make it all too easy sometimes though. You went and made it lose its fun again....

I'm posting here to make fun of you now, not to see the picture above. You make it all too easy sometimes though. You went and made it lose its fun again....

Number 5 Nick.

Hey, you guys think it doesn't affect me to look at pictures like that? It affects me, it's painful. Like you I remember that day all to well. You know the first time I sat through the "World Trade Center" movie it was pretty tuff, but I gutted it out with a lump in my throat right up until the end when that Port Authority Cop hugged his little girl at the reunion. Yeah, what a fuckin monster I am right? Whatever.

People deal with this thing in their own way. My way is to put it right out there and talk about it and to pay the honor that is due to the man picutred above and to everyone that was taken from us on that day. Maybe that's a result of being in the military I don't know. All I know is I'm just trying to do the right thing as I see it. To me the right thinig is to pay my respect to this man and say God Bless you Sir. I don't know what kind of men the rest of you are.

Number 5 Nick.

Hey, you guys think it doesn't affect me to look at pictures like that? It affects me, it's painful. Like you I remember that day all to well. You know the first time I sat through the "World Trade Center" movie it was pretty tuff, but I gutted it out with a lump in my throat right up until the end when that Port Authority Cop hugged his little girl at the reunion. Yeah, what a fuckin monster I am right? Whatever.

People deal with this thing in their own way. My way is to put it right out there and talk about it and to pay the honor that is due to the man picutred above and to everyone that was taken from us on that day. Maybe that's a result of being in the military I don't know. All I know is I'm just trying to do the right thing as I see it. To me the right thinig is to pay my respect to this man and say God Bless you Sir. I don't know what kind of men the rest of you are.

You could have done it in the right topic. :redcard:

And showing a picture of a man falling to his death sure is a strange way of showing respect for him.

Edited by NickF1011

A more fitting tribute would have been the pic of the firemen raising the flag in the rubble. Remembering the event and those who fell while honoring those who protect and sacrifice in the name of our ideals.

The sentiment may have been honorable, but I too find the chosen picture to be in poor taste. Why should just that man be remembered? Some images can't be "unseen" and so they don't need to be reposted. As with the endless media saturation elsewhere... Enough is enough.

As for being off-topic.... I agree, BUT that genie was let out of the bottle with all the sports and other OT threads posted (and sanctioned by moderators, no less) recently.

Edited by goingincirclez

Gentlemen, and Ladies if there be any amongst us.

Today is six years since that day of days.

Twin%20Towers%20New%20York.jpg

We will never forget.

Much better. God bless the USA, The Tru North Strong ad Free, and the freedom of these two neighbours and friends. For all the people who lost their lives in the World Trade Centre attacks, the attack on the Pentagon, and the crash of Flight 93, no matter which country they were from, today we remember you.

BlackHorse, Thank you for posting this I'm glad someone took the time to do it. Don't listen to what some of these dudes have to say, if they don't want to see it, then they don't have to and they don't have to read it either. They can run if they want, but it's reality. But yes indeed, today we pay our respects to all of those that lost their lives on that day. May we NEVER FORGET how America pulled together and showed the world how strong we can be. May God Always Bless America.