08 Focus Changes

Fords#1Fan

The biggest problem I have with the front end isn't the headlights or the grill, it's the huge gaping opening in the lower air dam, it looks like something's missing..

But this goes to show that our criticism pays off, while the people who defend every bad move Ford makes are hurting the company. These few small changes could add up to a lot more sales.

:bowdown:

The biggest problem I have with the front end isn't the headlights or the grill, it's the huge gaping opening in the lower air dam, it looks like something's missing..

But this goes to show that our criticism pays off, while the people who defend every bad move Ford makes are hurting the company. These few small changes could add up to a lot more sales.

:bowdown:

Exactly!! Everything is off in the front. Maybe if the centered the grille, and not leave the huge gap opening...

Exactly!! Everything is off in the front. Maybe if the centered the grille, and not leave the huge gap opening...

Check out the photoshop in this thread on The Mustang Source. He added a third chrome bar where the gap is located. I think it looks much more finished compared to the actual version. It's the third image from the left.

Edited by TomServo92

Yeah. I could go howl at the moon, and somewhere down the line, someone might do what I'm yelling about, too.

Doesn't mean they're listening to me.

Your incessant and hopelessly vague rants on this board are in no way reflected by any change made to the Focus. YOU haven't contributed to any of this. YOU can't point to a single thing that YOU'VE said that has been changed on the Focus.

In fact, Ford probably showed the Focus to actual honest to goodness real life 100% customers and incorporated ---THEIR--- feedback.

Not the vague and rejectionist rants of some internet malcontent.

Your incessant and hopelessly vague rants on this board are in no way reflected by any change made to the Focus. YOU haven't contributed to any of this. YOU can't point to a single thing that YOU'VE said that has been changed on the Focus.

If Igor can take credit for the spare tire, let Blueblood have a little for some minor changes. :redcard:

Sheesh.

I thought Fords only customers that Ford listens to is it dealerships.

This article about all the changes made is 99% fluff, as far as I see the only changes

they made were square fogs to round fog & chrome paddles were added to register vents .

If you look at thie pics from the Detroit 2007 show you will see that the black leather seats

have white-on-black white sticthing, chrome strip in gear shifter, chrome door handles. (Note the date on link is Jan 7th 2007 12:50AM

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-ford-focus/130578/

Unless of course I misread this article and the changes were made prior to last Januarys 2007 Detroit Auto Show.

I read this same info from Amy Wilsons Autonews article yesterday (Consumers speak; Ford quickly fixes Focus) and she seem to have slightly different read on what Fords so called changes made this August were. To read article you need to be member.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/sear...0826%2C20070925

Among the changes:

n Mesh was added to the lower grille. Customers had said the opening on the show car looked unfinished.(appears in Jan.07 pic)

n Round fog lamps replaced the square lamps on the show car.

n Chrome-finished interior door handles replaced black handles.(appears in Jan.07 pic)

n A bright aluminum finish on the instrument panel of a high-series Focus was softened to a satiny silver. Customers said the original finish was distracting.(appears in Jan.07 pic)

n Chrome paddles were added to register vents on the instrument panel to help customers adjust the vent slats.

n A chrome strip was added to the gearshift knob.(appears in Jan.07 pic)

n Leather seat stitching was switched from black-on-black to white-on-black for more contrast. Customers wondered why the treatment didn't match the reverse stitching found on leather seats in the Ford Fusion sedan and Mustang coupe, Donovan said.(appears in Jan.07 pic)

If I am mistaken I apologize.

Article in full

Consumers speak; Ford quickly fixes Focus

Amy Wilson

Automotive News

September 24, 2007 - 12:01 am EST

SEATTLE — To some consumers, the 2008 Ford Focus shown at the Detroit auto show in January looked unfinished.

So Ford collected their feedback and made several cosmetic changes to the car's interior and exterior in time for Job 1 in late August.

In the past, Ford has been reluctant to make late changes. But with lots of rivals for the Focus in the small-car segment, executives said they had little choice.

“It's highly unusual,” said Beth Donovan, Ford's product marketing manager for small and medium cars. “But we feel like we've got to stay ahead, ... and you want to make sure you can keep it competitive.”

Last-minute cosmetic changes are not unprecedented at Ford. The automaker made similar front-end and interior tweaks to the Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX crossovers just before their debut in late 2006.

Ford re-engineered and restyled the Focus for the 2008 model year, putting an early version on display at the Detroit show. The production model goes on sale later this fall.

Among the changes:

Mesh was added to the lower grille. Customers had said the opening on the show car looked unfinished.

Round fog lamps replaced the square lamps on the show car.

Chrome-finished interior door handles replaced black handles.

A bright aluminum finish on the instrument panel of a high-series Focus was softened to a satiny silver. Customers said the original finish was distracting.

Chrome paddles were added to register vents on the instrument panel to help customers adjust the vent slats.

A chrome strip was added to the gearshift knob.

Leather seat stitching was switched from black-on-black to white-on-black for more contrast. Customers wondered why the treatment didn't match the reverse stitching found on leather seats in the Ford Fusion sedan and Mustang coupe, Donovan said.

Ford wouldn't say how much the late changes cost, but Donovan stressed that proper craftsmanship is the top priority.

“When it comes to customer feedback, we're always looking at "Can we deliver it with quality?' ” she said. “If there are costs associated with that, certainly we're mindful of that. But you don't want to miss a sale.”

interesting the TCC review gallery has the before and after 08 Focus (square then round fogs). The fordvehicle.com has the before 08 pics, comparing the before red pic there with the similar angle red pic (#12) on TCC gallery the round fogs and lower mesh make a decent visual impact in part because the strip between the fogs and the mesh lower grill is now black instead of red.

I'm not good at cutting and pasting pics, but if someone else can its interesting. I don't really like the square fogs on any of the Fords so its a good improvement.

this goes to show that our criticism pays off, while the people who defend every bad move Ford makes are hurting the company.

Yup, the non-cheerleader crowd keeps getting more important to Ford each day, while the blind "yes men" cheerleaders, like RJ and Co. are being brushed aside.

No wonder he's so mad and sensitive to your comments.

Yup, the non-cheerleader crowd keeps getting more important to Ford each day, while the blind "yes men" cheerleaders, like RJ and Co. are being brushed aside.

No wonder he's so mad and sensitive to your comments.

Oh, because everyone around here that doesn't agree with what Ford does, provides insightful well thought arguments sans their own personal opinion. :finger:

You know, I'd be willing to take a hit of what it is that you smoke day-in and day-out.

blind "yes men" cheerleaders, like RJ and Co. are being brushed aside.

Gee. You never read my posts do you?

If there's one thing that I have said, over and over, it's that Ford --MUST-- improve their market research.

I'll say it again, in the dim hopes that it penetrates your thoroughly dense skull.

FORD MUST IMPROVE ITS MARKET RESEARCH

Yeah. Ford sure shouldn't listen to me.

They should listen to people like you that think they have golden guts.