2008 Ford Taurus Review

96 Pony

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like they didn't even bother driving the car from the review?

I laughed so hard. This is exactly what I've been saying Ford needs to prevent.

"This Taurus is a better car than last year’s Five Hundred in a lot of ways—it looks less boring, it feels more substantial and quiet, and it has tauter handling (no wallow, but no canyon racer either)—but unless Dearborn really means to drop the Crown Victoria platform, it’s a car whose mission doesn’t fit into the lineup."

See, the car is tons better, serves its purpose perfectly, and it getting hammered. Perception is reality, and the average person reading the review wil fail to see the one sentence of the actual review of the car, because it is buried in contempt and derision.

As long as the media hammers Ford like this, it will limit sales of vehicles. I know the answer is going to be "but critics hated the Edge look how well it sold". How well would it have sold if critics liked it?

How high is up?

What part of that request is even answerable?

You are functionally retarded, you know that right? Clearly there are no limits on how well something could have sold. But do you deny the possibility that more good reviews would result in more sales?

But do you deny the possibility that more good reviews would result in more sales?

I said there's no way to answer the question you asked. I stand by that. It's a stupid question.

As to answering THIS question, a fundamentally different one, I do not deny that more positive reviews could result in more sales.

The CTS was a redesign, the Taurus was an update. Was it not?

correct - the CTS was as extensive as the 2010 Taurus redesign will be - the platform is not ground up new, but it was reworked for the new top-hat and the top-hat is all new. And of course - the CTS has an all new interior , while the Taurus got chrome accents, and better colors.

Igor

correct - the CTS was as extensive as the 2010 Taurus redesign will be - the platform is not ground up new, but it was reworked for the new top-hat and the top-hat is all new. And of course - the CTS has an all new interior , while the Taurus got chrome accents, and better colors.

Igor

Ok, the Taurus UPDATE is just as successful as the CTS REDESIGN. However, the tone of the articles is completely different.

How would you suggest Ford "prevent" a negative toned review?

By your own admission, the Taurus is better than the 500

See, the car is tons better, serves its purpose perfectly, and it getting hammered. Perception is reality, and the average person reading the review will fail to see the one sentence of the actual review of the car, because it is buried in contempt and derision.

But what can Ford do other than make the car better? If someone is going to dislike Ford or Ford brands, their own pre-conceived perceptions have nothing to do with reality and Ford nor anyone for that matter can do anything about it.

Case in point PCSario has his opinions and despite what may or may not be fact, he is not going to change his mind.

Edited by falconman13

The 2008 Taurus is a vehicle Ford can be proud of, and I have no doubt that when it gets redesigned and Ford can give it a true make over,it should easily be best in class..............which when was the last time Ford had a bestin class car? Good job, now just advertise it.

I believe Ford should cut the D3 Taurus and increase the Fusion to a large Mid Sized car, close Chicago

and save even more money. The new larger Fusions would continue to be built in Mexico on EUCD.

They could be equipped with either the new 2.5 I4 as either NA or Twin Force.

That would leave the way clear for the GRWD platform to fill all of the upper vacancies.

Edited by jpd80

The majority of the article is BS. It is apparent that they didn't even take it out and test it - hell I could have written the same thing based on what I read on these boards.

However, the last paragraph is spot on:

The Five Hundred/Taurus instead should be the replacement for the Crown Vic; heck, rename it again. Sure, Ford needs the CV for taxi and police fleets, but guess what? No one else is playing that game anymore. Keeping the Crown Vic around for those stuck-in-the-mud markets is foolish. This Taurus would make a fine taxi, and I bet the cops could adjust, too. If Ford needs to keep a large, rear-drive car in its lineup, it needs something like the Interceptor concept, not some fleetmobile that, by definition, imprisons you in the commodity market, playing to the least common denominator.

Hmmmm - where have I heard that before. :shades:

Edited by 96 Pony

I believe Ford should cut the D3 Taurus and increase the Fusion to a large Mid Sized car, close Chicago

and save even more money. The new larger Fusions would continue to be built in Mexico on EUCD.

They could be equipped with either the new 2.5 I4 as either NA or Twin Force.

That would leave the way clear for the GRWD platform to fill all of the upper vacancies.

Well the biggest problem with that is all the D3 related cars out there...like the MKS, Flex, Lincoln Flex and whatever else they decide to do on it...

If Ford is planning on a Huntsman based Mustang along with other RWD in NA, they shuoldnt have any problems supporting a large RWD sedan and a FWD/AWD Sedan.