Flex Concepts at SEMA

I kinda dig the 'retro' look of the 1975 era 'F O R D' lettering on the hood. That takes me back to when the brand new '75 1/2 "Super Snoot" Econoline was introduced!

Remember THESE beauties from the '70s ???

76fordvan.jpg

:lol:

(They actually were *kind* of cool for a factory installation.)

NOWADAYS we have to suffer with GAWDAWFUL looking van designs like this!

08e150.jpg

WTF were the front end designers smoking when they tacked that monstrosity on the front of the poor Econoline?!?! Regardless of the tie-in to the Super Duty pickup (which looks just as horrible), this is the FRANKENSTEIN of vehicle grills!

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

Very, very few people drive full size vans as their private vehicles anymore...well, maybe the handicapped or the creepy guy that stares at kids on the playground. While I appreciate the A-Team from the 80s and the disco van from the 70s, vans are largely commercial vehicles now. Who cares what they look like as long as they work hard and last long?

That is why Flex makes sense. It doesn't have the stigma of the minivan or SUV and certainly without the creepy factor of a full size van.

I kinda dig the 'retro' look of the 1975 era 'F O R D' lettering on the hood. That takes me back to when the brand new '75 1/2 "Super Snoot" Econoline was introduced!

Remember THESE beauties from the '70s ???

Bad bad, for some reason Ford spelled on the hood reminds me of a blue rusty Aerostar.

:rolleyes: Yeah, because all Aerostars had F O R D spelled out on that tiny hood... (I'll have to spot you the rust though. Would that be on the rocker panels or rear wheel well?)

Actually I love both these concepts, including that spelled out FORD on the hood - the tri-bar grille looks great without that stupid blue bellybutton. And the Flex itself is just neat to begin with.

:rolleyes: Yeah, because all Aerostars had F O R D spelled out on that tiny hood... (I'll have to spot you the rust though. Would that be on the rocker panels or rear wheel well?)

Actually I love both these concepts, including that spelled out FORD on the hood - the tri-bar grille looks great without that stupid blue bellybutton. And the Flex itself is just neat to begin with.

Dunno, it's just an image that comes to my mind when I see Ford spelt on the hood of a van.

Good gracious, what a monstrosity.

Is that a Thunderbird badge?

to me at least Chrome is just SO yesterday..........this is about as subtle as a warning shot to the fore-head....Fooses is a LOT cleaner....Igor....who's responsible for this version? Or have they skipped the country.....