Ford October 2007 Sales

This is just a place holder for the release which will be online within the next 90 minutes.

Analysts expect about 15-20% decline - I expect a much smaller one. And flat to slightly up retail - we shall see soon enough:

PS: 3rd quarter financial results will be released on November 8th

Igor

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really not a bad month at all when you take the reduction in fleet out of the picture. I think this is the most models we've seen UP in a single month in well over a year.

Poor Explorer...I wonder if it has EVER sold under 10,000 units a month before now?

Taurus was over 5000 units finally...over 9000 if you include Taurus X, and near 10,000 if you count Freestyle/Five Hundred all together. Really not awful, but hardly where it should be.

Edge is on fire!!!

Mustang is getting tired. They need that refresh.

Glad to see the F-series has seemed to level off a bit.

Everything else was pretty much status quo: Land Rover up some, Volvo down some, Jaguar wasting everybody's time.

Well the good news is that Ford Sales would be up ever so slightly without the Taurus sales getting figured in for October vs last year..damn they sold 20K of them in a month?!?!?! last October?

Mustang Sales are starting to drop down quite a bit...not good..I think this is like the 3-4th month where they took a double digit loss in sales.

Taurus Sales are up a bit but still arent meeting what the 500 sold prior to last year. Plus the CV outsold it by 60 units...so let the Panther Mafia relive in their "win" LOL

If the Edge keeps up these sales along with the MKX, they are gonna smash Ford's expectations for them which was about what 150K units between the two of them a year? The Edge looks like it can do that itself alone at this rate....at least its a bright spot for Ford.

Edited by silvrsvt

The Mustang is a part of Ford's reduction in fleet sales. It was something like 30% fleet in 2006. When you start reducing that, you are going to see a reduction in overall sales, especially in non-Mustang months (fall/winter). This is indicative of the Mustang's age (and it IS getting old), but it is also indicative of how the Mustang SHOULD be selling without inflated fleet numbers.

Well the good news is that Ford Sales would be up ever so slightly without the Taurus sales getting figured in for October vs last year..damn they sold 20K of them in a month?!?!?! last October?

Mustang Sales are starting to drop down quite a bit...not good..I think this is like the 3-4th month where they took a double digit loss in sales.

Taurus Sales are up a bit but still arent meeting what the 500 sold prior to last year. Plus the CV outsold it by 60 units...so let the Panther Mafia relive in their "win" LOL

If the Edge keeps up these sales along with the MKX, they are gonna smash Ford's expectations for them which was about what 150K units between the two of them a year? The Edge looks like it can do that itself alone at this rate....at least its a bright spot for Ford.

Old Taurus: Ford would still be down 4k units - Y over Y Ford brand was down 24k units.

Mustang: yup .... it needs restyle and better economy .. at least half of it is coming

PS: reading too much into the reports: Ford eliminated 20k sales of the old Taurus which was about 90% daily rental IIRC - but decreased the daily rental sales only by 12k .. so something is picking up the fleet sales.

I will try to ask Pipas about it.

Igor

The Taurus has very little fleet right now while the 500 by this time last year was starting to creep up to 25-30%. My guess is that on a retail basis, they are very close.

Old Taurus: Ford would still be down 4k units - Y over Y Ford brand was down 24k units.

Mustang: yup .... it needs restyle and better economy .. at least half of it is coming

PS: reading too much into the reports: Ford eliminated 20k sales of the old Taurus which was about 90% daily rental IIRC - but decreased the daily rental sales only by 12k .. so something is picking up the fleet sales.

I will try to ask Pipas about it.

Igor

Could that possibly be why the F150 leveled off????