Ford October 2007 Sales

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ack!!! No 4 cylinder in the Mustang!!! You realize how much of a SLUG that thing would be as porky as it has gotten? It's not the 1980's anymore and Mustangs can't be had under 3000 lbs.

Exactly. The Mustang is just too big and heavy to be pushed along by a 4-cylinder.

I do agree Ford could use a 4-cylinder sporty car to boost sales. The Reflex would be pretty much perfect for this purpose.

To expand on this, a triple-threat of Fiesta, Bronco/Ecosport, and Reflex/Puma would be an easy extra 25,000 sales per month of young customers. Built in a low-cost overseas plant, they just might be able to eke out a profit to boot.

Have you or CV71 ever bought a new Panther?

Can't speak for him, but I haven't. Almost bought a new one earlier this year, (a CV Sport) but dealer swapped it before I could close the deal. Still looking, but it looks like a USED Marauder will be my next Ford. Since it's used, I guess I can't discuss it here.

My new Fords were a 94 T-bird & a 2005 Freestar. So are you saying those are the only Fords I can discuss?

Had many used Fords and a Lincoln, but since they were used, I guess I'm not aloud to discuss them here at BON.

Sorry I didn't read the BON rules.

The Mustang, she's down again. 22%. Don't bother with the excuses I'm not interested. They should've known that retro-theme would flash out pretty quick.

titanic-sinking.jpg

It could be worse I guess. It could be the C30 that sold a whopping 482 units. LMAO. At least the Mustang got off the ground, the C30 is a flop straight from the gate. They might as well advertise it as "Hey, pay way to much for a Mazda 3!!!!" lol

The Mustang, she's down again. 22%. Don't bother with the excuses I'm not interested. They should've known that retro-theme would flash out pretty quick.

titanic-sinking.jpg

It could be worse I guess. It could be the C30 that sold a whopping 482 units. LMAO. At least the Mustang got off the ground, the C30 is a flop straight from the gate. They might as well advertise it as "Hey, pay way to much for a Mazda 3!!!!" lol

Oh it sold good for a long time. As someone said, they are reducing rentals and mustang (V6) has always been rental heavy.

It's kind of interesting, Ford is now mandating that rental companies purchase vehicles with more desirable options. Rental companies are now required to buy vehicles with leather, sunroofs, and so forth. Otherwise, they don't get Ford's guaranteed repurchase. This helps offset impact on vehicle residuals as more of the vehicles coming in off the rental car lots have desirable features and higher prices.

I was hoping that due to the fact that supposedly all manufacturers were reducing fleet sales that at some point they would achieve some sort of pricing power over the rental firms. Your comment definitely leads me to believe that it is moving in that direction. Good news, now if only Cerebrus could move Chrysler towards fewer fleet sales maybe fleet sales could be a profitable way for Ford and others to make inventory adjustments.

Good. The Mustang's retro thing got old very quick...(actually, it was old 35 years ago).

But where does this leave the Challenger and the Camaro? I think that the Challenger will be a hit for a very short time along with the Camaro. I doubt that they will see sales like the Mustang did.

I'm happy to talk abut Jag, but I can't comment on the X and S type's as they are being withdrawn from sale in the USA. XJ is a retro flop. XK is a sucess and sales likely to grow as Jag get's new models. XF has 7 month wait time. Let's wait till April and discuss then.

Volvo C30 is a bigger failure than Jaguar X type in that it's a brand new model. How low will sales be in 5 years? 5 door on the way is desperate.

Volvo sales in serious decline, no wonder BMW ran a mile when Ford allegedly opened the books. Land Rover sales continue to soar, record month again! Headline news on Ford website. Land Rover sales may even out next year, but when baby Range Rover arrive's I think Volvo exec's may be found swinging from a rope outside dearborn HQ. Ford exec's may be heard shouting why did we keep Volvo and sell Land Rover at about this point!

Land Rover is Fords only premium brand thats cutting the mustard. Face it! Jag is really becoming a bit of a sideline for Land Rover as they takeover Halewood and generate all the doe. But if Jag hit's back with the new XF and XJ replacement then JLR will be a big hitter in the premium car market unlike piss poor Volvo. :)

Can't speak for him, but I haven't. Almost bought a new one earlier this year, (a CV Sport) but dealer swapped it before I could close the deal. Still looking, but it looks like a USED Marauder will be my next Ford. Since it's used, I guess I can't discuss it here.

My new Fords were a 94 T-bird & a 2005 Freestar. So are you saying those are the only Fords I can discuss?

Had many used Fords and a Lincoln, but since they were used, I guess I'm not aloud to discuss them here at BON.

Sorry I didn't read the BON rules.

It's more like don't talk about what you think a future car should be like if you're going to buy it used and highly depreciated. New car buyers don't want a car that depreciates fast.

Probably Ford is wanting to dump Volvo because they really dont wish to spend any money on the next development cycles on those vehicles. There was nothing really wrong with the S40 that couldnt be dealt with...Nip tuck, improve this and that, more power, lower the price a bit.... the C30 doesn't introduce anything other than a hatchback with 2 doors.

Of ANY vehicle in Volvo's line that deserves any development money should have been the S60, it's their volume seller. It's been out since what, 2001? Again, power/nip/tuck improve more power and move on...hell, even a warmed over revision a la Focus/Escape (but with powertrain upgrades of course) would have worked. Why would anyone dump money into developing a low volume, low margin vehicle? Thats stradegy suicide.

And LR can only continue to improve because it came from nothing really. The investment there is obviously paying off in sales, and it seems as more money is being thrown there way to continue.

Let's hope the XF does well for Jaguar, but that alone isn't enough. The XK is miles ahead of what it replaced, but the XJ is instantly seen as the dated bastard child, although under the skin it's a great vehicle.

Probably Ford is wanting to dump Volvo because they really dont wish to spend any money on the next development cycles on those vehicles. There was nothing really wrong with the S40 that couldnt be dealt with...Nip tuck, improve this and that, more power, lower the price a bit.... the C30 doesn't introduce anything other than a hatchback with 2 doors.

Of ANY vehicle in Volvo's line that deserves any development money should have been the S60, it's their volume seller. It's been out since what, 2001? Again, power/nip/tuck improve more power and move on...hell, even a warmed over revision a la Focus/Escape (but with powertrain upgrades of course) would have worked.

If they had received new powertrains, they would have been pretty much all new. I wouldn't call that warmed over.

Let's hope the XF does well for Jaguar, but that alone isn't enough. The XK is miles ahead of what it replaced, but the XJ is instantly seen as the dated bastard child, although under the skin it's a great vehicle.

Agreed perhaps Ford should just reskin the XJ and then sell the current model as a Daimler and the new model as a Jag only.

It's more like don't talk about what you think a future car should be like if you're going to buy it used and highly depreciated. New car buyers don't want a car that depreciates fast.

So now, we can only talk about cars that we intend to buy new?

You've been here for all of two months and think you can dictate what everyone discusses here.

Why do you think you should have any control over what is said here?

So now, we can only talk about cars that we intend to buy new?

You've been here for all of two months and think you can dictate what everyone discusses here.

Why do you think you should have any control over what is said here?

I'm pretty sure we have a consensus on this board that Ford's future depends on new car sales.

No, but I can object to the panther mafia being retarded.

I don't.

Mustang Sales:

If they keep at 10K units a month, it will do fine...

I think back in 89 or something they sold less then 100K units that year!

IIRC, Ford was pegging sales at 120-130K cars a year with the new platform and designed/cheapened it up (depending on your POV) to be profitable at those sales levels

The car is "played out" by the gotta have it now crowd and is down from its gangbusters sales levels from late 04 till mid 2006...

The good news is that a refresh is right around the corner.

Edited by silvrsvt

STOP IT!!!!! The media has people so worked up over this "bad economy" that panic is going to end up leading to an actual problem. As it stands right now, if people actually look at the hard numbers, the economy is buzzing along pretty well.

Well I never said that the Economy wasn't doing bad, but I wouldn't have high expectations for the next year or two about it going upwards or improving much. I'd rather be cautious then overly optimistic about sales for next year.

Golly, blackhorse, you're right...it's pointless ot go on.

It all sucks, everything's ruined, everyone's failed.

May as well toss the computer and just give up. You first.

Golly Zan, I never said that. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. Don't be a big old drama queen either. Calm yourself boy.