FOE's Sales Rise 8.4 Per Cent In October

pcsario

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit trying to prove things with that stupid picture.

Actually, you might also suggest that he stop cherrypicking undocumented source material to "prove" his point (which is that the Fusion sucks).

The point I'm trying to prove is carefully concealed by pcsario's comeover.

conehead-profile.jpg

(PC keeps this on his dresser. It's really creepy. I think it's his great uncle. EZSario)

Edited by RichardJensen

Some logic to throw pcsario's way in light of the comments about Honda being "light years" ahead of Ford; maybe this has been said already but I don't feel like reading the entire thread.

Simply put, Honda (and Toyota) do not sell nearly as many heavy duty vehicles such as trucks, vans, and full-size SUVs which see more abuse than a commuter car. Even though Mercurys are essentially Fords with nicer trim, the brand is near the top because they don't have trucks dragging scores down. Notice Chevrolet and Dodge are also down there--also big sellers of trucks. "Honda" and "truck" is nearly non-existent (I don't see the Ridgeline as a true truck, and I doubt many people use it like one). Toyota is now ramping up Tundra production but they are also seeing declines in reliability scores. Coincidence?

So, the point...as Toyota sells more trucks, and if Honda gets into the truck business (which I doubt), what is going to happen with their scores? Meanwhile, Ford who sells a ton of trucks is continuing to move upward, and year after year they make improvements. If the Ford brand was split into car and truck divisions, how much do you want to bet that the car division would be right up there with Mercury, Honda, and Toyota? Personally, I don't think Honda is "light years" beyond Ford; they just aren't in the business of heavy duty vehicles that see the most abuse, which skews the overall stats in their favor.

Edited by mustang84isu

And you are still so so so owwnnnnnnnnned.

BTW, nice job with the vacuuming and dusting, but I have to tell you, you have entirely the wrong idea about me if you think showing up in a French maid outfit does ----anything---- for me. And if you're going to do that again, for pete's sake SHAVE YOUR LEGS. You look like an idiot.

BTW, nice job with the vacuuming and dusting, but I have to tell you, you have entirely the wrong idea about me if you think showing up in a French maid outfit does ----anything---- for me. And if you're going to do that again, for pete's sake SHAVE YOUR LEGS. You look like an idiot.

OK, you definitely need to stop watching "House" for awhile...

Eww, can you keep your gay drama off this site? It's traumatizing!

Going by JD Power, Ford NA makes higher quality products than FoE.

But that's not the point. In both Europe and the U.S., YTD Ford brand market share is basically unchanged.

Ford is selling into a growing market.

Context is a real bugger when you're trying to make everything black and white, eh?

your wrong

Market share is up in europe.

FORD OF EUROPE'S SALES RISE 8.4 PER CENT IN OCTOBER

* Ford of Europe sales increased by 11,400 in October to 147,000y

* Year-to-date total vehicle sales 5.6 per cent higher, at 1,531,600

COLOGNE, November 13, 2007– Ford of Europe's vehicle sales climbed by 8.4 per cent for the month of October when compared to last year. Total sales for the year so far are 1,531,600.

Across its main 21 markets, the company sold more than 147,000 cars and trucks in October, some 11,400 more than in the same month last year. Its market share for the month is 8.4 per cent.

The increase was led by surging sales of the new Mondeo, which increased by 6,400 to 17,750 units, and the Transit, which improved by 2,635 to 18,935. The overall top-sellers, however, were the Focus and Fiesta, with increased total sales of 38,925 and 27,000 respectively.

Britain and Germany were the Company's top markets, with particularly strong performances in Russia, Italy and France. Compared with last October, Russian sales rose by 3,950, to 16,360. In Italy, Ford sales improved by 2,370, to 18,330, while in France sales increased by 2,585, to 12,790.

For the first 10 months of 2007, Ford of Europe's sales increased by 5.6 per cent (81,730 units), to 1,531,600. Market share improved to 8.9 per cent.

"Our sales momentum continued in October with strong performances by our new models, like the Mondeo, S-MAX and Galaxy, supporting our established top-sellers, the Focus, Fiesta, Transit and Transit Connect," said Stephen Odell, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. "We are on course for a record year, and with more new models in the pipeline, we are optimistic that our progress will continue in 2008."

What I said:

In both Europe and the U.S., YTD Ford brand market share is basically unchanged.

What Ford said Feb 15:

Total Ford vehicle retails in January were 140,000, up 10,400 units versus January 2006 to give Ford of Europe a market share of 9.0 per cent, up from 8.9 per cent.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=25450

What Ford said Nov. 13:

For the first 10 months of 2007, Ford of Europe's sales increased by 5.6 per cent (81,730 units), to 1,531,600. Market share improved to 8.9 per cent.

Oh noesssssss!!!!!!! Maybe I DO know what I'm talking about.