09 Fiesta uncovered?

Blueblood

I dont care very much for the bar in the gaping grill, looks like an after thought although realistically it needs to be there for safety reasons. Also, the beltline on the 4dr version seems a bit aggresive on how it rakes upwards, makes the rear wheels seem tiny although they obviously would be since it's an entry economy car. Looks ok so far...

I dont care very much for the bar in the gaping grill, looks like an after thought although realistically it needs to be there for safety reasons. Also, the beltline on the 4dr version seems a bit aggresive on how it rakes upwards, makes the rear wheels seem tiny although they obviously would be since it's an entry economy car. Looks ok so far...

Safety against what? Wouldn't that bar be too low to meet any comparable bumper? (assuming that's the purpose)

[just guessing] Maybe it's there as a receptacle for the license tag? Thankfully I live in a State (NC) that doesn't require them.

Maybe it's already been established, but can anyone here that attended that employees' secret meeting (supposedly showing a B-car that garnered "much excitement") confirm that this is the car you saw?

wow that just like the concept except for the bar acrssed the gapping lower grill

As others have said, I believe that bar's main purpose is as a license plate holder since front plates are required in Europe (and other countries) as well as some US states. I, thankfully live in a state (FL) where front tags aren't required.

I agree with you about the 4/5 door's beltline, thats actually the first thing I thought about when I saw the car. It seems a tad exaggerated.

• 1 month later...