2008 FORD F-450 SUPER DUTY KING RANCH 4X4 DRW

Type: Full-size pickup truck

Base Price: $63,399; as tested, $77,274

Engine: 6.4-litre turbo-diesel V-8

Horsepower/Torque: 350 hp/ 650 lb-ft

Transmission: Five-speed automatic

Drive: Rear-wheel drive, with 4WD

Fuel Economy: n/a

Alternatives: Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Mega Cab, GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax, Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Duramax

FordF450_2PIXbig.jpg

High comfort level

Surprisingly refined diesel engine

The sheer size of it

Ah, thanks Sporko, so they're still using the ugly leather.

If your friend's KR leather looks blotchy and spotted, then he isn't treating it with KR leather conditioner.

Your comment makes about as much sense as complaining that a vehicle is dirty-looking when it has never been washed.

Anyone who pays the premium for KR leather should at least take the minimum effort required to maintain it.

If your friend's KR leather looks blotchy and spotted, then he isn't treating it with KR leather conditioner.

Your comment makes about as much sense as complaining that a vehicle is dirty-looking when it has never been washed.

Anyone who pays the premium for KR leather should at least take the minimum effort required to maintain it.

Don't cry because I said something mean about one of your precious Ford vehicles range. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He liked the seats, he did take care of them. They were plain ugly to me. I do like the ones that are pictured at the head of this thread though.

Don't cry because I said something mean about one of your precious Ford vehicles range. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He liked the seats, he did take care of them. They were plain ugly to me. I do like the ones that are pictured at the head of this thread though.

I can't help it if you are apparently ignorant to what Castano leather is and what KR saddle leather is all about. If you thought the seats pictured above meant "they finally got rid of the cowhide seats in the King Ranch" means you aren't aware of KRs leather process.

I can't help it if you are apparently ignorant to what Castano leather is and what KR saddle leather is all about. If you thought the seats pictured above meant "they finally got rid of the cowhide seats in the King Ranch" means you aren't aware of KRs leather process.

The beuty of KR leather is not the color but the qaulity! it's a heaver hide and one of the biggest selling points for me. I just wish I could afford one!

Edited by Furious1Auto

King Ranch leather is definitely higher quality than regular Ford leather. However, it is prone to fading, drying, and staining if it isn't maintained properly. And maintaining it means regular use of leather conditioner to keep it supple and sealed. I agree that 5 year old KR leather that has never been maintained can look pretty bad.

Wow! :shades: I guess if you have $77K to drop on a pickup you don't care if it gets 10mpg and most insurance companies either won't insure it or insure it as a commercial vehicle.

Sorry Ford, but if I needed a pulling truck for that kind of money I'm buying a true medium duty truck with a medium duty diesel motor and medium duty transmission.

Wow! :shades: I guess if you have $77K to drop on a pickup you don't care if it gets 10mpg and most insurance companies either won't insure it or insure it as a commercial vehicle.

Sorry Ford, but if I needed a pulling truck for that kind of money I'm buying a true medium duty truck with a medium duty diesel motor and medium duty transmission.

It basically is a medium duty truck, but much more practical.