2009 Milan pic?

Blueblood

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look like much has changed..

From that angle, the front half has a slight "CTS" look to it. And I still don't care for the red reflector blobs in the trunk lid. There is no reason for those. If the trunk needs something to break it up, do something that looks classy.

But who knows if this is even the real car.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Where do I sign up for those xray eyes you have?

I thought they looked the same too, that is, the interior of the headlights didn't look any different on this prototype than on my '06 Fusion.

Regardless of what the headlights look like, I hope Ford makes this a 2009 Fusion, not 2010.

Edit: It looks like their gallery is of two different prototypes. After taking a second look I noticed a difference in how the camo was applied to the front end. So maybe those headlights are different after all.

Edited by fusion0206

I thought they looked the same too, that is, the interior of the headlights didn't look any different on this prototype than on my '06 Fusion.

take a closer look..the car with more cammo on it has a Satin chrome/silver Colored grill and the headlights look "similar" to the current model, to me they look like they have more of an angle where the amber light is in them and the overall shape has more of an angle to it then the current upright design that is on the black painted grill on the other two shots that could be used as a cooling mule.

They don't expect this thing until the Detroit Auto Show in 2009?! Yikes. What's the holdup?

Ford needs to test the new grill for two years..

Considering how minor the changes are, it's baffling that it will come as a 2010, and not a 2009, and we can see they did nothing to address the nasty front overhang, it's obvious Ford isn't gunning for the top, they are settling for competing with the upcoming Chinese cars.

They don't expect this thing until the Detroit Auto Show in 2009?! Yikes. What's the holdup?

If it is true that it will be a 2010 and not a 2009 like we hoped, then I would say it would be because of the engines and not the exterior changes. Igor has said that the new engines may not be ready as Job 1 starts and would come shortly after. Maybe Ford has decided to wait until all the new engines are ready and then build it. Makes sense to me. It seems to me that if 2009 Fusion was refresh year, more info would be out than is now. Hardly a thing about refreshed Fusion. Its looking more and more like 2010 all the time. But I would say new vehicles will be out in early 2009 and not fall of 2009.

Not at all. I can't recognize a diff here.

Other than engines, center stack, and some minor tweaks, there is not much to change. The vehicle looks great and is best handler of the bunch. The changes posted give it a little more aggressive look, and all it needs are the motors to be a little quicker and more fuel effecient.