Bring the Cougar back!

Here is the quote, its from 2005 I think or 2004 when the last T-bird was getting shut down

Ford Division president, Steve Lyons stating: "We promised all along that this Thunderbird would have a limited production run, and we're being true to our word. Thunderbird was a terrific image builder for the Ford brand showroom at a time when we needed it. Now, we're in the midst of a major product onslaught, including more news on the Mustang at this month's New York Auto Show. At Ford, we're fortunate to have several dream cars, including the new Ford GT and Ford Mustang. For now, the Thunderbird nameplate will be placed on our shelf. But we'll keep it polished for future use

I figured it was an old quote. I remember reading that one a while back.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What could/would be Ford fastest answer to Cadillac's well received CTS Coupe (CTC?)? How could Ford get Lincoln something to compete, head to head, with that Cadillac, with an extreme short development cycle? One answer would be a Lincoln version based off the Mustang. Yea, stretch it a few inches (to make a usable rear seat), give it some new skin (to make it look like a Lincoln), but not much else would be required.

Here's a chop I did a while back.

I'm going to update it soon, giving it MKR cues though.

post-28332-1200960065_thumb.jpg

What do you think ??

Its nice, but I think you need a Cougar Head logo on there.

OK cougar fans lets wake up and get together please! I cant be the only cheerleader! Someone reading these post might know what we can do.

I can only think of a pettition to get an answer from ford, but who knows maybe one of you know someone at Ford.

Damm, with all this talk about Lincoln getting a coupe and no talk about a new Sable i am starting to get concerned for Mercury.

I am to. I would love to go to Mulally's office and tell me straight up that the Sable name just as popular as the Taurus is. The sable sold well back in the day, nearly outselling the taurus back when the taurus and sable came out according to wikipedia. Ford can do it again, if they do it right. but IMO

If you build the 2010 Taurus, then you build the Mercury Sable...

I am to. I would love to go to Mulally's office and tell me straight up that the Sable name just as popular as the Taurus is. The sable sold well back in the day, nearly outselling the taurus back when the taurus and sable came out according to wikipedia. Ford can do it again, if they do it right. but IMO

I know, the lack of news on Mercury is appaling! Is this what went down with Plymouth and Oldsmobile on its final days.

I dont really rememeber since I can care less of those brands but im sure they had thier fans.

Well, for one thing, even though it may be right, wikipedia is able to be edited by anyone, so it's not always (but many times is) accurate or reliable.

That said, I do agree that it's frustrating seeing this happen. It's bad enough when Ford neglects individual products like Ranger or the Panthers, but now they're doing it to an entire brand, Mercury.

I'd think a Mercury Sable X (Taurus X) would help some if it's moved over after Explorer and Flex come online., especially after Mountaineer dies.

Well, for one thing, even though it may be right, wikipedia is able to be edited by anyone, so it's not always (but many times is) accurate or reliable.

That said, I do agree that it's frustrating seeing this happen. It's bad enough when Ford neglects individual products like Ranger or the Panthers, but now they're doing it to an entire brand, Mercury.

I'd think a Mercury Sable X (Taurus X) would help some if it's moved over after Explorer and Flex come online., especially after Mountaineer dies.

I can agree with you about wiki being inacurate sometimes but hopefully the sable page is acurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_Sable