2008: The make-or-break year for the Detroit Three

pcsario

pcsario, with all of this bickering and flack you are catching is it obvious that you are not a welcomed member of the community. Nearly every thread, post, and pic you put in front of us is not just praising every other automaker...blah, blah blah...rant, rant, rant...

Dude...seriously...calm the fuck down.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh - I'm going to make enemies for this - but as much as I appreciate the effort that must go into being a moderator and devoting a measure of ones time to help maintain a site such as this, and as much as I appreciate Richard's keen insights and rigorous development of ideas on many (not all) matters, I'm afraid you are pretty much right on with the above criticism. I would be curious to see what the post volume has been month to month over the last 5 years, if anyone can produce a bar graph of that information. I am much less frequent myself since it lost the Wild West atmosphere it used to have, and when I do come on, often there is simply nothing going on to respond to. And I don't think this is simply a projection of the malaise that the Ford brand currently finds itself in.

In fairness, I remember what started the current moderating regimen: that raging, board-spamming, flamewar of obscenity that was started by 4 or 5 people - I can't remember the principal's names - some time back. That abuse of the openness that once existed is what marked the end of the truly free exchange that used to be the hallmark of BON. It was rightly clamped down on - but the atmosphere has never been quite the same since. And some of the blocking that goes on does seem to be ..... partisan. That is, the moderation does seem to have a less neutral cast than I would have expected.

That's funny... I've been on here for 3 years and I think the wild west is still around in a reduced capacity that is! :hysterical:

pcsario, with all of this bickering and flack you are catching is it obvious that you are not a welcomed member of the community. Nearly every thread, post, and pic you put in front of us is not just praising every other automaker, but attacking the one we support. You are entitled to your opinon, but don't think that you are going to get away with pot shots and run while we sit back and don't reply. Every member of this forum has said dumb things in the past and no one ignores it. So why do you think that you are special? Everyone here expects that if they say something stupid that they are going to be corrected including me! This sight is not a for institutional advertising, it is a place for debate in the hopes of bettering ourselves and providing Ford with a pipeline to what people want and need so that they can improve theirself! I stand by my original assessment no one takes the time and makes the effort to be or go to places that they don't like unless there is something that is in it for them! I have seen it in this and many other forums, our competition pays bloggers to plant seeds. They pay people pennies per post from low income nations to do exactly what you do. I would bet my life that you are a paid blogger, and I'm sure that you will ignore this post also because it is true. I've made the accusation several times and you have not responded because your employer will fire you if you blow your cover! I'm not stupid dude and neither is anyone else in this community we call BOF, the only difference between me and the other users is that they were not aware of paid bloggers, and I am because of the number of forums I have been active on. Your not sophisticated, all knowing, looked up upon, and your opinion here means squat! Go spend your time on a sight with products you acctually like so we don't have to skip over you BS posts anymore! Rich is not unreasonable, and he does not remove posts just because you don't agree with him. Him and I have argued our opposing veiws several times! It is the context, manner and the intent behind your posts that is the problem!

I think you called his bluff! Furious1Auto...:hysterical::hysterical:

Time to walk away from the card table pcsario... The little tykes toys are in your toybox now. Go back and play with them and stay off your mommy and daddy's computer!

Nothing against you...but you cannot have a cerebral hemorrhage over what someone types on "The Internets".

Damage control you and pcsario are working in concert, I don't give a rats a-s what you think of me!

I think you called his bluff! Furious1Auto...:hysterical::hysterical:

Time to walk away from the card table pcsario... The little tykes toys are in your toybox now. Go back and play with them and stay off your mommy and daddy's computer!

Your a good man, that's why I never seriously got too involved in you and Darks flame war. I like you both, I just found it humorus! :hysterical: If you notice your name has always been on my friends list! Can we get an opponent, or enemies list for those we don't like? Or how about a paid bloggers list for those who have been busted?

Edited by Furious1Auto

They sign up volentarily for employment oppertunities with little supervision, appearantly you are/were not "In the know!" LINK!

Roger that.

"Over 300,000 Voters Select Their Favorites in World’s Largest Fan-Based Blog Competit…"

A blog competition? Fan-based? Favorites?

WWW: Wonderful World of Wacko.

Pardon my ignorance, but "paid bloggers"? Why would somebody want to pay somebody like that to be a troll?

BON/BOF has pretty high google ranking. Contaminating a valued news source with anti-ford ranting would make random people googling Ford more likely to read vehemently negative opinions. Kind of like on Yahoo Autos, 90% of the reviews of the 2008 Honda Accord fit the script, "The vehicle was nice in a lot of ways, but this terrible terrible thing went wrong!" -- those were probably people who want to build up domestics by torpedoing asian cars.

BON/BOF has pretty high google ranking. Contaminating a valued news source with anti-ford ranting would make random people googling Ford more likely to read vehemently negative opinions. Kind of like on Yahoo Autos, 90% of the reviews of the 2008 Honda Accord fit the script, "The vehicle was nice in a lot of ways, but this terrible terrible thing went wrong!" -- those were probably people who want to build up domestics by torpedoing asian cars.

I wouldn't doubt that for a second. I know that if I hung around Toyota and Honda forum site I would be a troll for sure. But I don't because I don't own a Japanese vehicle and will never own one. So why go on the site. And if I did I would be negative and be looking for negative news to post on site. In fact, I hope Toyota and Honda screw up so that the domestics can get some market share back and survive to fight another day. So that's how I view the negatoids on here...they hate Ford and look for anything negative they can find and IGNORE any good news. In other words, a TROLL.

I wouldn't doubt that for a second. I know that if I hung around Toyota and Honda forum site I would be a troll for sure. But I don't because I don't own a Japanese vehicle and will never own one. So why go on the site.

Exactly my point, what would motivate someone to continually come back to a place where they know they are unwelcome, and do not like! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 10 - 20 cents per post does not seem like much but when you are active on 10 of 15 forums simultaneously and make between 200 and 300 posts a day the little income generated means more in third world countries where the American dollar is worth more! For some it is their only source of income, and they involve their families to cover the time that they are sleeping while sharing a common account! The problem is that many who don't know better buy into their B.S.

Edited by Furious1Auto

IMHO, 2009CY will be a more critical year. B-car, TwinForce plus other stuff. (like) Flex settles into the market....

Yep ! But your talking "product". The issue is more critical on the finance side.

Ford has enough cash in the bank to get through 2008CY. They will run out of cash in 2009CY if they don't turn it around and make a profit by then.

Yep ! But your talking "product". The issue is more critical on the finance side.

Ford has enough cash in the bank to get through 2008CY. They will run out of cash in 2009CY if they don't turn it around and make a profit by then.

Given the rate they have been using money at (not that fast) it seems doubtful that they would run out so fast.

2008 will be a very interesting year for the US car industry. I have few concerns regarding Ford's financial viability as I too think they have enough cash to see out the year. But in the UK press there are predictions of a major housing recession in the USA and I fear this could be bad news for Chrysler and the beginning of bigger problems for GM as their sales aren't actually that strong and their model range will be starting to age by the end of 2008....

I for one wouldn't rule out any of the major US car makers merging with another big car maker....

IIRC, I read an article somewhere, maybe I saw it posted here somewhere too, anyways....it said/showed that Ford has more cash on hand than either GM or Chrysler. Is this true?

2008 will be a very interesting year for the US car industry. I have few concerns regarding Ford's financial viability as I too think they have enough cash to see out the year. But in the UK press there are predictions of a major housing recession in the USA and I fear this could be bad news for Chrysler and the beginning of bigger problems for GM as their sales aren't actually that strong and their model range will be starting to age by the end of 2008....

I for one wouldn't rule out any of the major US car makers merging with another big car maker....

The housing market is simple, banks used peoples 401K's to fund risky mortgages that they would not use their own to loan and the houses were never and will never be worth what was appraised. But now that the ARM loans have matured those who were taken advantage of will lose their home and those who still have money will buy them for pennies on the dollar! This simply means that the working man will take a hit on their future retirement, and that it is a better time to be a landlord than to be a house flipper! You have to know when to get in and when to get out, so nothing has really changed but that their old game has been expposed and that they will be going a different direction! They now talk about a credit crunch, it is also fake and a justification for the extrodanary amounts that they are asking for as a return on credit card debt! For now I would suggest that you buy stock and hedge funds tied to credit card companies until you fear that that bubble is ready to burst! In short it is just a game for rich people to take your money, and either you are in or out! Most important there is no reason for any credit card company to charge over 9% even in default but if you are stupid enough to pay it then you get what you deserve! Cancel your high rate cards and pay cash or don't buy at all, otherwise you are breaking it off in yourself! Timing is everything God Bless!

The housing market is simple, banks used peoples 401K's to fund risky mortgages that they would not use their own to loan and the houses were never and will never be worth what was appraised. But now that the ARM loans have matured those who were taken advantage of will lose their home and those who still have money will buy them for pennies on the dollar! This simply means that the working man will take a hit on their future retirement, and that it is a better time to be a landlord than to be a house flipper! You have to know when to get in and when to get out, so nothing has really changed but that their old game has been expposed and that they will be going a different direction! They now talk about a credit crunch, it is also fake and a justification for the extrodanary amounts that they are asking for as a return on credit card debt! For now I would suggest that you buy stock and hedge funds tied to credit card companies until you fear that that bubble is ready to burst! In short it is just a game for rich people to take your money, and either you are in or out! Most important there is no reason for any credit card company to charge over 9% even in default but if you are stupid enough to pay it then you get what you deserve! Cancel your high rate cards and pay cash or don't buy at all, otherwise you are breaking it off in yourself! Timing is everything God Bless!
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Exactly my point, what would motivate someone to continually come back to a place where they know they are unwelcome, and do not like! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 10 - 20 cents per post does not seem like much but when you are active on 10 of 15 forums simultaneously and make between 200 and 300 posts a day the little income generated means more in third world countries where the American dollar is worth more! For some it is their only source of income, and they involve their families to cover the time that they are sleeping while sharing a common account! The problem is that many who don't know better buy into their B.S.

I wasn't aware a person could get paid to be a troll. I would gladly go over to Jap sites and complain about those cars for $ :stats: