Blue chome clad chome on the Fusion!

Furious1Auto

I have already candied my interior radio bezel and covered my seats it Ford Blue, and I think it looks great. DSCI0213.jpgDSCI0205.jpg Now I am considering candy blue on my grille and all other chromed surfaces of my exterior, and with the help of another BOF user was able to aquire this rendering of what it might look like! blue_chrome.jpg What do you guys think?

I have already candied my interior radio bezel and covered my seats it Ford Blue, and I think it looks great. DSCI0213.jpgDSCI0205.jpg Now I am considering candy blue on my grille and all other chromed surfaces of my exterior, and with the help of another BOF user was able to aquire this rendering of what it might look like! blue_chrome.jpg What do you guys think?

I really like the inside....I think you should maybe leave the outside.....just my opinion though....

the grille at most leave the rest the same, the interior looks nice though

The interior looks nice.

I'm getting the same response at the other forums that I have posted it. Some have said that the grille looks alright but not to touch the rims. I sent an E-mail to Foose Wheels to see if they could make me a set one off chrome rims with blue carbon fiber centers. Hopefully they hit me back.

Edited by Furious1Auto

I'm getting the same response at the other forums that I have posted it. Some have said that the grille looks alright but not to touch the rims. I sent an E-mail to Foose Wheels to see if they could make me a set one off chrome rims with blue carbon fiber centers. Hopefully they hit me back.

Whoa, better be prepared to fork over an assload of cash for one off custom wheels..

Whoa, better be prepared to fork over an assload of cash for one off custom wheels..

espeacially with the materials I want being expensive in and of itself. I also have my limits. I might be better to buy my own chome five star rims and blue carbon fiber cloth with resin and make my own overlay for the centers. I'm sure it would be allot cheaper even with the trail and error factored in! Blue Carbon Fiber LINK!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Yes - have you thought of blacking out the grill ?

I've thought about putting neons inside the grill that light up at night (interesting), but haven't figured out how to mount them without affecting air cooling flow.

(Haven't given much time to the project, either, mind you)

The nicest way would be to wire one of the six buttons near the clock to become a "lights" button. Sure as hell not a sparky though so it will take work.

Edited by Roadrunner

Yea but you need multiple parts for that. The blue chrome grille looks like the clear protective tape needs to be peeled off :) I would hold off on grilles until the aftermarket comes out with something definitively 'good'. Other then using the dark smoke chrome SAP grille I don't see any way to improve it.

I would leave it alone and score a set of the 18" sport apearance wheels, does more for the car they any other mod. They make the car look a whole new beast. I have seem some take-off sets floating around ebay. Hint-always upgrade wheels first, doing anything else to the body with bone stock wheels looks tacky...

And why is this in the concept cars forum??

Edited by kevinb120

the grille at most leave the rest the same, the interior looks nice though

The interior looks nice.

I do have to agree with Ford-150, Furious. I think the wheels and headlights aren't that great looking (even though I did them). At most should be the grille. As I said though, the interior looks nice.

Your interior job looks nice. It adds a little color without going overboard. The problem with the exterior is that you over did it. You're working with a color that will be tough to work in to the exterior without looking goofy. I'd say leave the exterior chrome alone and maybe try something else. Blue hood stripe(s) or pin stripes or just a subtle paint detail somewhere. If that fails, choose a different color for the outside. After all, the interior highlights don't *have* to be brought to the exterior. What makes the inside nice is the contrast. Contrast on the exterior might mean something completely different.

Edited to add:

Color is not the only theme you got going there either. You have the carbon fiber look that you can use as well even if you use a different color for the outside.

Edited by PowerbyFord

Please don't do that to your car!

Even the interior would get old to look at every day I think.

What about the 'Fade' factor on the cloth? Might look pretty bad in a year or so. Electric Blue leather just seems a little too 70's?

But I could take the interior, even the shifter, bang bang.

But dont do the lights and certainly not the rims. Please. I begging you!

But, if you never want to resell it again...

:)

Peace and Blessings

Edited by macattak1