New Taurus in "the next year or two" ?

theoldwizard

I'm taking three of my Lexus/Infinti driving buddies to the auto show - the goal is to get a picture of us four lying in the trunk of a Town Car.

Well, maybe only three of us will fit without laying on top of each other - that is not socially acceptible here in the Midwest, except maybe in a certain area of town.... :wub:

Shades of the Sopranos.....

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have ALL the Panther haters chimed in yet, or are we missing someone? :stirpot:

I don't hate them. They were good in their day.

My wish is that Ford would replace them with versions of the Interceptor show car.

I also hope the reskinned Taurus is as beautiful as they say.

But to make the CV/GM current would take a complete redesign. The Taurus/Sable just a reskin. BOTH should be done ASAP.

I don't hate them. They were good in their day.

My wish is that Ford would replace them with versions of the Interceptor show car.

I also hope the reskinned Taurus is as beautiful as they say.

But to make the CV/GM current would take a complete redesign. The Taurus/Sable just a reskin. BOTH should be done ASAP.

I don't hate em either...awesome car...IN ITS DAY...which has come and gone....I DO look forward to a RWD potential replacement, funny I DO NOT consider the Taurus or any of the CD's a replacement at all...they were a replacement for exactly that...the Taurus...but it has left a gaping hole in the line-up...a flagship would be fantastic ( Interceptor? ) but unfortunately instead we have to tolerate such verbage as CD'3;s suck, FWD sucks :redcard: make money ( do they?????? love to see backup on that one ) and mention of problems that are nothing more than speculations and flashbacks from Panther faithfuls....and if they get trampled with logic and facts and realize they are on the losing side of their argument, then its usually trailor park insults, profanity, barbs at ones profession and screeds of denial......mourning may be an accurate word....

Edited by Deanh

I'm taking three of my Lexus/Infinti driving buddies to the auto show - the goal is to get a picture of us four lying in the trunk of a Town Car.

Well, maybe only three of us will fit without laying on top of each other - that is not socially acceptible here in the Midwest, except maybe in a certain area of town.... :wub:

Try a Taurus or Sable trunk as well.

but unfortunately instead we have to tolerate such verbage as CD'3;s rock, FWD rocks :redcard: 's suck ( do they?????? love to see backup on that one ) and mention of problems that are nothing more than speculations and flashbacks from the :cheerleader: 's ....and if they get trampled with logic and facts and realize they are on the losing side of their argument, then its usually trailor park insults, profanity, barbs at ones profession and screeds of denial.....

Fixed.

Edited by Armada Master

This car is not the 1986-2006 Taurus, by a long shot, and you can dissect that statement in more than one fashion.

The Taurus nameplate was very successful, but the D3 platform even with the Taurus name stamped on it, is a sales flop, period.

The :redcard: have an even longer history of sales success, to the point of best selling EVER for Lincoln and Mercury, so yes I am suprised since obviously Ford doesn't comprehend investing in a successful car nameplate outside of Mustang.

You guys are so funny. Anything that might possibly be a threat to your precious :redcard: is evil and should be shut down... so that money can be spent on putting out a new :redcard:.

The only reason the :redcard: sells well is taxi cabs, police cars, and limos. That's all well and good -- but only if they can do it profitably. If not, well, get out of the way. Nothing will make the :redcard: a chart-topper, but the D3 has a chance.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

They have had six chances so far...Five Hundred, Montego, Freestyle...and Taurus, Sable, and Taurus X. How many different cars does a recycled platform need to spawn before you finally admit it was/is a failure?

I still laugh every time you insist that the Taurus and Sable were some sort of massive last-ditch effort to "fix" what was wrong with the D3's. It was a scheduled 3-year refresh (something a Panther owner obviously wouldn't understand). They just happened to change the names at the time. The next D3 refresh has only been pushed forward about 6 months. Other than that, it is following the same standard refresh/redesign strategy as most of the rest of the automobile industry (aside from the negelected Panthers).

You've also still to offer any proof of it being a "failure" or any proof that the Panthers are by any means still a "success". At least the D3's are bringing in new retail customers -- something the Panther hasn't been able to do for years.

They have had six chances so far...Five Hundred, Montego, Freestyle...and Taurus, Sable, and Taurus X. How many different cars does a recycled platform need to spawn before you finally admit it was/is a failure?

I personally don't think it CAN or will happen, but I do NOT think that is what Ford expects...hell the market is WAY more flooded and competitive now than what 1932?........sorry p, but the retail market demands/ desires and requirements caught, overtook and pushed the :redcard: aside.....Fords fault perhaps, but the powertrain, suspension, chassis probably got to the point of no return and became non competitive in todays market...it may actulally have been the reason ford is pursuing a totally NEW RWD platform...they had gone as far as they felt was fiscally possible and it may have been cheaper to develop a whole NEW chassis etc. Case in point...you guys bitch abbout the non IRS in the Mustang....what would you say about the :redcard: idf they were in the same boat? Non IRS in a flagship would be inexcusable and TOTALLY non-competitive...and if you dis-agree...re read your OWN posts on the G8...was rave central....

You've also still to offer any proof of it being a "failure" or any proof that the Panthers are by any means still a "success". At least the D3's are bringing in new retail customers -- something the Panther hasn't been able to do for years.

Laugh all you want...it's the truth.

And...are the D3s bringing in new retail customers? How do you know this?

I personally don't think it CAN or will happen, but I do NOT think that is what Ford expects...hell the market is WAY more flooded and competitive now than what 1932?........sorry p, but the retail market demands/ desires and requirements caught, overtook and pushed the :redcard: aside.....Fords fault perhaps, but the powertrain, suspension, chassis probably got to the point of no return and became non competitive in todays market...it may actulally have been the reason ford is pursuing a totally NEW RWD platform...they had gone as far as they felt was fiscally possible and it may have been cheaper to develop a whole NEW chassis etc. Case in point...you guys bitch abbout the non IRS in the Mustang....what would you say about the :redcard: idf they were in the same boat? Non IRS in a flagship would be inexcusable and TOTALLY non-competitive...and if you dis-agree...re read your OWN posts on the G8...was rave central....

I don't why you insist on preaching that the panthers are unacceptable for the retail market. I realize that fact. I will dig three, 6-foot deep holes in the ground the size of the TC, CV, and GM if Ford would pull their head out of their ass and get the Falcon over here.

Laugh all you want...it's the truth.

And...are the D3s bringing in new retail customers? How do you know this?

yep, maybe not even :redcard: customers, but they had become non existant or died....bottom line...NO one...and I mean NO one was coming in for the :redcard: .....now, bring in the RWD Aussie based REPLACEMENT for the :redcard: and even more will be coming in....

I don't why you insist on preaching that the panthers are unacceptable for the retail market. I realize that fact. I will dig three, 6-foot deep holes in the ground the size of the TC, CV, and GM if Ford would pull their head out of their ass and get the Falcon over here.

How many times does Alan Mullaly need to say that GRWD is CONFIRMED for the NA market before you believe it?

yep, maybe not even :redcard: customers, but they had become non existant or died....bottom line...NO one...and I mean NO one was coming in for the :redcard: .....now, bring in the RWD Aussie based REPLACEMENT for the :redcard: and even more will be coming in....

Except they were. The GM was outselling the Sable in the retail market.