New Taurus in "the next year or two" ?

theoldwizard

It was a last minute MARKETING decision, yes, but it wasn't anything make-or-break for the vehicle or the platform itself. Like I said, you'll still be frantically searching for the used car ads years from now looking for a beat up old Panther that was discontinued in 2011 while the rest of us who have moved on to the 21st century will be looking at brand-new Tauruses derived from the current D3 "failure".

No...I still be driving my Panther. The only reason you will be looking at a new Taurass is because the old one was a pile of shit and now sitting like a King at the top of the dump pile.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No...I still be driving my Panther. The only reason you will be looking at a new Taurass is because the old one was a pile of shit and now sitting like a King at the top of the dump pile.

No, I'd be looking for a new vehicle because I don't particularly like driving around in outdated heaps of shit unless they have some sort of redeeming stylistic or nostalgic quality. Family sedans are family sedans. No matter who makes them they get old and boring pretty fast. I'm even growing bored with my Mazda6, just because it's not "fresh" anymore.

Only reason anyone drives a 15-20 year old Panther is because they are too broke to buy something new.

:ohsnap:

Edited by NickF1011

It was a last minute MARKETING decision, yes, but it wasn't anything make-or-break for the vehicle or the platform itself. Like I said, you'll still be frantically searching for the used car ads years from now looking for a beat up old Panther that was discontinued in 2011 while the rest of us who have moved on to the 21st century will be looking at brand-new Tauruses derived from the current D3 "failure".

agree 100%

Ah yes - the "newer is always better" argument.

That is the purpose of marketing - to convince the consumer that a lesser product is better than what came before, or betterh than what in fact is it's actual attributes.

Cars are worse than they were 10-15 years ago - heavier, contain even more useless technology, and much less durable. In short, they may be assembled better, but they are just doing better assembly of cheaper parts. The only parts I've replaced on the Grand Marquis have both been ones Ford "re-engineered" in the last five years to save a buck.

When GM still had the B-bodies, both GM and Ford competed to have a better product. Since GM quit building them, Ford has sat on their hands, and actually regressed.

Ah yes - the "newer is always better" argument.

That is the purpose of marketing - to convince the consumer that a lesser product is better than what came before, or betterh than what in fact is it's actual attributes.

Cars are worse than they were 10-15 years ago - heavier, contain even more useless technology, and much less durable. In short, they may be assembled better, but they are just doing better assembly of cheaper parts. The only parts I've replaced on the Grand Marquis have both been ones Ford "re-engineered" in the last five years to save a buck.

When GM still had the B-bodies, both GM and Ford competed to have a better product. Since GM quit building them, Ford has sat on their hands, and actually regressed.

Right :rolleyes: . I would think that too if my only experience with modern vehicles was a Corolla.

Yeah...because that's the only benefit of having a durable car. rolleyes2.gif

Well, there are very few other benefits for owning the car.

1. Who wants to be seen in one?

2. Who really keeps daily drivers for 10 - 15 years anyway?

3. Who really wants to keep one as a collectible?

The CV really doesn't have much going for it.

How true. I wonder how the seats were in the older F-series trucks?

How true. I wonder how the seats were in the older F-series trucks?

Hmmm.... let's compare a "reliable" 1998 Crown Victoria to the horrible quality of a vehicle built 10 years later.

1998 Crown Victoria: 7 Recalls. 8 Service Campaigns.

2008 Taurus: 0 Recalls, 0 Service Campaigns.

Heck, I'll even go back and use same model year numbers to make it clearer:

2005 Crown Victoria: 3 Recalls. 3 Service Campaigns.

2005 Five Hundred: 2 Recalls. 2 Service Campaigns.

Hmmm.... let's compare a "reliable" 1998 Crown Victoria to the horrible quality of a vehicle built 10 years later.

1998 Crown Victoria: 7 Recalls. 8 Service Campaigns.

2008 Taurus: 0 Recalls, 0 Service Campaigns.

Heck, I'll even go back and use same model year numbers to make it clearer:

2005 Crown Victoria: 3 Recalls. 3 Service Campaigns.

2005 Five Hundred: 2 Recalls. 2 Service Campaigns.

You know...pointing out product recalls is not being a very good :cheerleader:.

Your obsession of the Panthers is really hysterical. If there was a thread on swing sets you would turn it into something that revolves around the Panthers. Let them go...why are you so obsessed with them?

And why are you comparing the CV to the TauruASS to the CV?

And you must forget that nobody bought the TauruASS to begin with...there no reason to have recalls.

Edited by P71_CrownVic