New york's next Taxi cab

Biker16

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is it that the Escape is already a fleet queen?

not really, we cater to GE fleet, PH & H. and Wheels inc...all 3 are HUGE fleet companies that do drop ship courtesy deliveries, Escapes to their clients is trivial, main fleet vehicle is the fusion 4 cylinder...EVERYONE is cutting back as they are all feeling the pinch.....

Hmm seems everything in Ford Global is "Ugly",

maybe North American "Ford Fan" tastes don't reflect tastes of actual consumers.

I don't dispute that design needs to be dictated by consumers, if this is what people like then go for it! I don't like that, it's overwrought, trendy, and soft. It reminds me of the 90s and I've already had my fill of that.

Support for hybrid is good too and 30% fleet is a lot different to 90% fleet.

Not to mention it's =nearly= 30% fleet during 6 months when the '08 wasn't even on the market.

But like I said, either pcsario is a troll, or Horbury is a one-trick pony who only got the S80, S60, and XC90 right.

Ooops. Wait. Wrong troll comment on the wrong troll thread.

I don't dispute that design needs to be dictated by consumers, if this is what people like then go for it! I don't like that, it's overwrought, trendy, and soft. It reminds me of the 90s and I've already had my fill of that.

Sorry Borg, my comment wasn't aimed directly at you and guess it too reminiscent of mini vans.

Look beyond the sheet metal, that's all I ask.

The new S80 is a failure, the old one didn't stand the test of time, the S40 is about to be scrapped due to poor sales, and everyone conceded the MKS was blandville until it got the new grille. How many times has the XC90 received minor retouches already?

He has nothing on Freeman Thomas, who can actually design a whole car by himself with impressive, timeless results.

Anything else shill? Oh you're not a shill, you're just a Ford "fan" who downplays anything-Ford not done in NA.

Keep the double standards coming.

Edited by pcsario

The new S80 is a failure, the old one didn't stand the test of time, and everyone conceded the MKS was blandville until it got the new grille.

He has nothing on Freeman Thomas, who can actually design a whole car by himself with impressive, timeless results.

Yeah yeah :blah: :blah: :blah: whatever. You're not a troll if you say so. :blah: :blah: :blah:

You don't earn your living dealing with other human beings, do you? Let me guess. You're the DBA that nobody wants to talk to because you're never going to give them access to the data, and you're going to reject all their queries.

Anyway, fine, you're not a troll. You have more intelligent and informed commentary than anyone else on the board and you never pass exaggerations off as truth, and your use of obscenity to refer to the Focus is always delightful, charming, and the only reason why I come to this board.

tool.

-----

Back to topic: While GRWD may be the source of the next Ford taxi, I wonder how difficult a hybrid RWD setup would be, seeing that the transmission for a full hybrid is purpose built for that (it's a planetary gearset where the inner gear receives output from the engine and the ring gear gets input from the electric motor).

Edited by RichardJensen

I'm not sure customers will like riding in something like that ;)

The customer doesn't give a crap so long as it gets them to where they are going. There's nothing sexy and appealing about a Crown Vic in case you've been off world somewhere. It's a taxi cab, not a statement of your personal tastes.

The customer doesn't give a crap so long as it gets them to where they are going. There's nothing sexy and appealing about a Crown Vic in case you've been off world somewhere. It's a taxi cab, not a statement of your personal tastes.

...and unless the Crown Vic is the extended version, it doesn't really have that much rear seat leg room.