Just a reminder...

RichardJensen

Richard, if you really think a company with a stock value below $1.00 can get a big loan, you are truly an optimist... ( and yes, I think the stock will go that low.... )

The problem with credit is that Ford has already borrowed against all of it hard assets....

Why do you think Ford is in that much trouble? Have you even been reading anything at this site? Ford has several products coming out soon that have the potential to be segment leaders, with other great products following a few years later.

Ford at 1$? Can't wait to see what the rest of the market will look like. :hysterical:

I know, if you think about it, (and this may have been the point you were bringing up) if Ford stock went to $1, that would mean that they'd actually lose less than other companies.....they may lose the same percentage, but since Ford is at ~$6, they have less to lose than, say Toyota at ~$110.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard, if you really think a company with a stock value below $1.00 can get a big loan, you are truly an optimist... ( and yes, I think the stock will go that low.... )

The problem with credit is that Ford has already borrowed against all of it hard assets....

Were we talking about Ford or GM?

Regardless, book value is what banks look at. Not market cap. If YOU think that banks base their decisions on market cap, you are naive.

Were we talking about Ford or GM?

Regardless, book value is what banks look at. Not market cap. If YOU think that banks base their decisions on market cap, you are naive.

Ye right Richard Banks never look at the stock value before they loan out billions.... Do you really believe what you just said????

2012 Fusion

FordMondeo-Iosis-1.jpg

We all know that's not the 2012 Fusion, but I had to say:

Looks surprisingly Australian.

Nah, That's a chop of the Iosis.

Our next Falcon is more like this courtesy of Caradvice.com.au

Imagine the cabin space of a Crown Victoria in a car slightly bigger than a Fusion.

who needs Volvo or Mazda when the Falcon has enough room to do a FWD version if Ford wanted to.

That would be a good way to use Fusion I-4 and V6 front ends - they're nearly the same tread width.

fordfalconcgigood.jpg

Edited by jpd80

Who is the instigator again...

Thats right...you.

not instigating crap....be positive for a change and people may stop jumping on your back....sheesh P...read some of your own posts and try to put the knife down....too many times you have been called out for spouting BS, seems all you are here to do is be negitive and instigate arguments....

Edited by Deanh

Imagine the cabin space of a Crown Victoria in a car slightly bigger than a Fusion.

who needs Volvo or Mazda when the Falcon has enough room to do a FWD version if Ford wanted to.

That would be a good way to use Fusion I-4 and V6 front ends - they're nearly the same tread width.

fordfalconcgigood.jpg

Thats pretty nice looking. Reminds me of a Pontiac Grand Prix a bit tho.

fordfalconcgigood.jpg

IMHO, that is one fine-looking sled. IMHO, it looks way better than a BMW 5-series, which has Bangle-booboos.

Thats pretty nice looking. Reminds me of a Pontiac Grand Prix a bit tho.

I agree, I think it looks good.

I don't see much Grand Prix in there though.

I'm still not really seeing it.

fordfalconcgigood.jpg

2004-Pontiac-Grand-Prix-GTP.jpg

Look at the curves near the back, the roof line, the window dimensions and the side panels. Theyre pretty similar. The main difference is that the Ford isn't angled forward like the Grand Prix. Anyway, what Im saying is that this car could sell great, especially since Pontiac is getting rid of the Grand Prix. Theyre replacing it with the G8 which starts at 27k(i think) instead of 19k like the Grand Prix. So if ford were to bring this over to NA and price it in that range theyre should gain a lot of market share, since theyll have a sporty mid priced sedan without much competition (Grand Prix gone).

P.S. Ford looks way better IMO

BTW bottom panels(sides) and headlights(shape) also look similar

Edited by ray101988

Look at the curves near the back, the roof line, the window dimensions and the side panels. Theyre pretty similar. The main difference is that the Ford isn't angled forward like the Grand Prix. Anyway, what Im saying is that this car could sell great, especially since Pontiac is getting rid of the Grand Prix. Theyre replacing it with the G8 which starts at 27k(i think) instead of 19k like the Grand Prix. So if ford were to bring this over to NA and price it in that range theyre should gain a lot of market share, since theyll have a sporty mid priced sedan without much competition (Grand Prix gone).

P.S. Ford looks way better IMO

I can see a slight bit of resemblance at best. How many Grand Prix's did GM sell anyways? I'm not so sure how a Falcon would do with a better-than-Grand-Prix G8 (which would justify a higher price tag in itself).....but you're right, there will always be customers for the lower-end models as well. I don't think we'll see anything Falcon related for a few years though, until the GRWD (is that the AUS one?) platform is ready.