Do we have any takers for buyouts?

fantasyfrank

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if we can get an idea plant by plant on how many people plan on taking the buyout. At ACH/Indy, most people I've talked to are not going to take the buyout...not even the "old timers". Anybody at any other plants have an idea on how many people are talking about leaving or staying?

I'm just wondering what's going on out there in FordWorld. Anybody got an idea of how many people are really going to be taking a buyout? I talked to a friend at Livonia Transmission today, and he said that there really wasn't that many people seriously considering the buyouts. He only knew of two people that might take it. Anybody have anything to add? What's the general feeling out there??

I'm just wondering what's going on out there in FordWorld. Anybody got an idea of how many people are really going to be taking a buyout? I talked to a friend at Livonia Transmission today, and he said that there really wasn't that many people seriously considering the buyouts. He only knew of two people that might take it. Anybody have anything to add? What's the general feeling out there??

well I know of approx.150 who would like to take the buy-outs...those from the steel div.that came back to ford in 2004. however the uaw thought it wise to table that idea and so it appears that these people(most of whom are in their mid-fifties to early sixties)wil have to work another 3-8 yrs.to obtain a full pension. the money($50,000) is secondary... getting their pension intact is primary to most of them...most have pretty good jobs they'd give up to go. if ford wants people to go as badly as it's been said then it must be the union(local 600 in particular)that's made it unattainable. they've tied the rouge pension as part of the ford pension when trying to qualify for one of the pkgs.being offered.(???) when in truth these two pension funds are SUPPOSED TO BE completely separate of one another!!! supposedly whatever ford time a worker has either qualifies that worker or not...rouge time isn't suppose to count. well Ford what do you think? Local 600...our union has done it again!!!

Edited by macattack

well I know of approx.150 who would like to take the buy-outs...those from the steel div.that came back to ford in 2004. however the uaw thought it wise to table that idea and so it appears that these people(most of whom are in their mid-fifties to early sixties)wil have to work another 3-8 yrs.to obtain a full pension. the money($50,000) is secondary getting their pension intact is primary to most of them...

My husband signed up yesterday. He works at DTP.

well I know of approx.150 who would like to take the buy-outs...those from the steel div.that came back to ford in 2004. however the uaw thought it wise to table that idea and so it appears that these people(most of whom are in their mid-fifties to early sixties)wil have to work another 3-8 yrs.to obtain a full pension. the money($50,000) is secondary getting their pension intact is primary to most of them...

SRP has about 7-9 trades seriously thinking from those I've talked to. Prod. only about 3 that I've come across so far.

the

Edited by 182

Just started signing up at KCAP but only 8 signed up the first day. All of them were production.

I don't think they are going to get there number until they sweeten the pot. I know many have said they won't do that but they will still have to pay layed off workers one way or another.

I don't think they are going to get there number until they sweeten the pot. I know many have said they won't do that but they will still have to pay layed off workers one way or another.

No they won't.....they can lay you off and you could lose seniority and pay...just ask those from the late 70's early 80's!!

No they won't.....they can lay you off and you could lose seniority and pay...just ask those from the late 70's early 80's!!

They are not concerned about layoffs, unemployment and subpay cost them just about as much as a buyout and they can't write you off their taxes plus they pay your insurance. What they want is buyouts so they can take you off the books and get more than they need to take it so they can fill your job with $14 per hour employees. The will sweeten the pot.

I'm not taking it. Believe me, I want to retire!

Really interested but after talking to a financial person and my tax person I am trying to hang in until I'm 55 (4 more years).

I think Ford missed a lot of people with this round of buyouts. With the 3 years of service added back I have 29.2 years and would take it rather than move but I will only be 49 years old. When I take the transfer I will stay prabably 6 or 7 more years.

I think Ford missed a lot of people with this round of buyouts. With the 3 years of service added back I have 29.2 years and would take it rather than move but I will only be 49 years old. When I take the transfer I will stay prabably 6 or 7 more years.

Hey TPS, you have my sympathy. That's a real bite in the ass. I'm in the same boat as you, because I'll be 49 years old. But I would only have 23 years.

Here's what I don't get: You and I don't qualify for the SER 50 and 10 deal, and we're not going to just walk away from our health care and benefits for a measly $100,000., right?

But, why are we not allowed to keep the 3 service credits?!

I'm mean, you either qualify for them or you don't, right?! What a bunch of horseshit!!!

Now you and I have to work ANOTHER 3 years just to get to where people who take a buyout, are today! How does that make sense?

So, you will transfer out-of-state, which means you've got to sell your house, and everything else that that entails, just so you can work another 3 years somewhere to get back to where you should be today?! Huh?! Yeah, I know their using it as an enticement to take a buyout, but what about the people who don't qualify for a buyout?!

It's just STUPID!

I'm mean you either deserve the time back, or you don't!

I was off for 9 years and 9 months, and as of right now, I've been given a total of 0.6 service credits for my trouble. That's a half of a year!

Edited by Hard-Drivin' Man

Hey TPS, you have my sympathy. That's a real bite in the ass. I'm in the same boat as you, because I'll be 49 years old. But I would only have 23 years.

Here's what I don't get: You and I don't qualify for the SER 50 and 10 deal, and we're not going to just walk away from our health care and benefits for a measly $100,000., right?

I'm mean, you either qualify for them or you don't, right?! What a bunch of horseshit!!!

Now you and I have to work ANOTHER 3 years just to get to where people who take a buyout, are today! How does that make sense?

So, you will transfer out-of-state, which means you've got to sell your house, and everything else that that entails, just so you can work another 3 years somewhere to get back to where you should be today?! Huh?! Yeah, I know their using it as an enticement to take a buyout, but what about the people who don't qualify for a buyout?!

It's just STUPID!

I was off for 9 years and 9 months, and as of right now, I've been given a total of 0.6 service credits for my trouble. That's a half of a year!

Every employee at Ford Motor is eligible for a buy out package!!

You are right.... it is an enticement.....take 3 and leave or hang out with the rest of us. Good luck and hang in there!

It's just STUPID!

Yea. Nothing against these folks that got their time back, but a lot of them hired in 2,3 or even 4 years after some of us that did not get it back.

Yea. Nothing against these folks that got their time back, but a lot of them hired in 2,3 or even 4 years after some of us that did not get it back.

What's the matter TPS? Are you feeling a little bit undervalued by the "company"?

I mean, what the hell, why not take that $100,000 buyout? Go ahead, walk away from your health care and most of your pension. They'll give you a pittance when you reach 55 years of age, or if you live long enough, they'll give you an even bigger pittance at 62 or 65.

So, go ahead, and take the SAME $100,000. that they're offering the people with ONE year seniority. What's that you say? But, you've got TWENTY-NINE years seniority?!

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just talking out loud.

Peace.

HDM

• 3 weeks later...
It cost them more to lay you off than offer more money. I predict they get about 3000 and then try to get sometime back to anyone who lost time in the 80's then the next step would be to go to 140k. Just my opinion.
We may have a winner ?????????

I'm guessing that Ford won't publish any numbers for a long time. It will look like an embarrassment. But pretty soon Wall Street will punish them because they couldn't get those numbers. Opps,, just saw an article where they said in a few days once they have them, that they as yet had NO IDEA how many. LOL LOL .. BULLSHIT! Lying MF's!

I'm guessing that a few readers here also saw the letter that Ford wanted published in all hometown papers where they have a plant. I was a little inflamed reading it, and thought it wasn't worth a retort. What I read and what I see on this buyout, is the same mindset handling this; that got them in this spot to begin with. LOL they touted the family scholarship package and entrepreneur one. LOL LOL

What I am hoping for and crossing my fingers on, is that the two IDIOT's that put out that letter, get their wee-wee's SMACKED Down and NO bonus, oh wait, they made sure those were paid to the upper people before this buyout ended. NEVER EVER Fire a top dog, it makes the company look bad.

Hey all you dumb auto-workers, guess your not as ill-informed as they were banking on huh? With no one leaving and no place to go, Ford will now pay one way or another, and it's not going to look good for Ford in the public's mind.

$5./share?

I'm guessing that Ford won't publish any numbers for a long time. It will look like an embarrassment. But pretty soon Wall Street will punish them because they couldn't get those numbers. Opps,, just saw an article where they said in a few days once they have them, that they as yet had NO IDEA how many. LOL LOL .. BULLSHIT! Lying MF's!

I'm guessing that a few readers here also saw the letter that Ford wanted published in all hometown papers where they have a plant. I was a little inflamed reading it, and thought it wasn't worth a retort. What I read and what I see on this buyout, is the same mindset handling this; that got them in this spot to begin with. LOL they touted the family scholarship package and entrepreneur one. LOL LOL

What I am hoping for and crossing my fingers on, is that the two IDIOT's that put out that letter, get their wee-wee's SMACKED Down and NO bonus, oh wait, they made sure those were paid to the upper people before this buyout ended. NEVER EVER Fire a top dog, it makes the company look bad.

Hey all you dumb auto-workers, guess your not as ill-informed as they were banking on huh? With no one leaving and no place to go, Ford will now pay one way or another, and it's not going to look good for Ford in the public's mind.

$5./share?

Not to toot any horns but a week or so ago I said dont be surprised if F goes into the $4/share range......