Chrysler Plans to Reduce Product Line and Dealers

richardmayo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Allpar.com is still in denial, still thinking 'Plymouth will come back'!

No way will Mopar ever offer as many badge engineered cars as the 'good old days'. Plymouth died in the 70's when the cars became exactly the same as Dodges. So, get over it hemi-heads...

ALL-PAR is a place I visit seldomly. I own a PTCruiser and have gotten good info regarding it. They live in a world of the five-sided star and think there is no other brand of vehicle on the road. They also hate to be challenged on something they feel is Bible-truth leaving no outside interpretation welcome. My first car was a '63 Chrysler Newport, but I don't buy and car based on brand. As for Chrysler, they are bloated with Jeep units for sure. They are short on small cars that are meaningful. Giant engines are on their way out and if that's what they pin their hopes on (such as the 37 grand Challenger) they are nuts. The original Challenger had a 125 HP 225c.i. slant 6 as it's primary power source. Sure it was slow, but not that slow. It at least offered an economy version. Of course, I know the Cruiser will be gone, even though it still $ell$. Mindlessness. A car company being run by an organization of investors. Yeah, that'll work.

Edited by 156n3rd

They live in a world of the five-sided star and think there is no other brand of vehicle on the road. They also hate to be challenged on something they feel is Bible-truth leaving no outside interpretation welcome.

Really? Hmm, Can anyone think of any other car forum website that might be like that? Like say THIS ONE!!! lol

Actually, I'd say this one is nothing like that. It is for a select few, but most of us aren't blind.

I'd say most of the people who are considered Trolls are the blind ones around here...

I would say thats about right.

I'd say that's probably exactly the same things they say on Allpar.com lol

At Allpar, the Neon is called 'beloved' and the FWD Imperials are 'true luxury cars' Big thing is obsession with Plymouth coming back. They act as if Plymouth was still selling Cudas, Road Runners, Dusters and Furys till 2002. They also think PLymouth should be like Hyundai, but they would have to import Korean made cars for that, not what it was in the glory days.

They dont grasp that for 20 some years Plymouth was a cheapened Dodge and the real world moved on.

They really truly thought Cerberus would bring them back to glory and produce a 1970 like line up with billions of badge engineered cars to make them feel happy. Reality is biting them in the a$$ as we speak.

Edited by 630land

At Allpar, the Neon is called 'beloved' and the FWD Imperials are 'true luxury cars' Big thing is obsession with Plymouth coming back. They act as if Plymouth was still selling Cudas, Road Runners, Dusters and Furys till 2002. They also think PLymouth should be like Hyundai, but they would have to import Korean made cars for that, not what it was in the glory days.

They dont grasp that for 20 some years Plymouth was a cheapened Dodge and the real world moved on.

They really truly thought Cerberus would bring them back to glory and produce a 1970 like line up with billions of badge engineered cars to make them feel happy. Reality is biting them in the a$$ as we speak.

So, just so we all understand. It's a bunch of out of touch fan boys, pining away for the glory days and in love with a car that the rest of the world couldn't care less about.

And you guys said it's not just like this website. lol You bunch of kidders.

If it were up to me, I would redo Chrysler's lineup like this:

Jeep - Patriot, Liberty, Wrangler, Grand Cherokee

Dodge - Sprinter, Ram truck, Charger, Challenger

Chrysler - new B class car, new C class car, Sebring, 300, Town & Country, crossover

I would keep the Avenger/Sebring but start with a fresh design from the ground up. I agree with the rest of your suggestions. But, killing off the PTCruiser, which still sells around 100,000 a year, after it was cheapend and de-contented in 2005 is just plain stupid.

Anyone can reminisce the glory days of their favorite brand. Right now, in this point of my nearly 55 years, I have no favorite. I like many cars old and new. I did own many Fords and just don't see any Ford I'd buy right now. Dedicated websites don't always have to contain fanatics (short for fan) loyal to that particular brand. But if one participates for the sole purpose of negativity, they aren't experiencing what the site has to offer and will never realize it's potential. :poke:

So, just so we all understand. It's a bunch of out of touch fan boys, pining away for the glory days and in love with a car that the rest of the world couldn't care less about.

And you guys said it's not just like this website. lol You bunch of kidders.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Why whoever could you be talking about? Certainly not the ones who think the Windstar was a wonderful vehicle or the ones who light candles in homage to their Panthers. Or the Ranger - updating be damned!

All car people are the same. This board is no different than any GM or Allpar board.

Anyone can reminisce the glory days of their favorite brand. Right now, in this point of my nearly 55 years, I have no favorite. I like many cars old and new. I did own many Fords and just don't see any Ford I'd buy right now.

I somewhat agree. I always have Ford at the front of my list when purchasing cars but frankly, there is nothing in their lineup now that I would purchase. Now when the MKS comes out talk to me again but at the moment, if I were to purchase a new car it would be a Chrysler. Or even possibly truck, now that I have seen the 2009 Ram.

Edited by 96 Pony

If it were up to me, I would redo Chrysler's lineup like this:

Jeep - Patriot, Liberty, Wrangler, Grand Cherokee

Dodge - Sprinter, Ram truck, Charger, Challenger

Chrysler - new B class car, new C class car, Sebring, 300, Town & Country, crossover

Don't forget Caravan, and the Caliber can stay.

Caravan has to stay. That's what keeps them alive. I didn't know they did away with the shortened version. So that's an excuse to bring out more crossovers. The Caliber is okay, but they could enlarge the front seating area a bit. It's too cozy.

To be honest with you, I didn't see many Caravans (not the longer Grand Caravan, the regular one) around anyways.

They should just get over their bad self and kill the Viper. Costs more to build than what they get out of selling the thing... :stirpot: Since when does a company on the financial ropes need to have a Holo Car? Your going bust dummy, cut your loses and move onto something tangable for the masses. then you can sell more of what makes money for you!

Caravan has to stay. That's what keeps them alive. I didn't know they did away with the shortened version. So that's an excuse to bring out more crossovers. The Caliber is okay, but they could enlarge the front seating area a bit. It's too cozy.

The Caliber is crap. Totally wrong for the company, and too chintzy to boot. And to think they killed a money maker to sell this thing! Ford did the same thing with the Taurus. Killed that for what? A Five Hundred? OOPS! If both companies were still making the old chassis cars and not the new cars they would be selling them in greater numbers than the replacement cars. No doubt in my mind.