Ford to focus on winning trust

suv_guy_19

ok, youve calmed a little and are starting to make sense without berating dealerships and their personel as a whole...I will correct you on Shelbys...we don't ORDER them, they are ALLOCATEd by Ford...we have NO control over the amount we get...this year it is 3...2 coupes, 1 convertible. Also there is wheeling annd dealing with Ford ( a you scratch my back i'll scratch yours...I call it extortion ) ...we just accepted 10 homeless vehicles ( closed dealers bastard inventory ) in order to MAYBE get a SINGLE KR Gt500.....I hate to think what the general concencus of Addendums will be between dealers on THAT one ( I have heard a RIDICULOUS figure of $75,000 over MSRP.....now THAT will have BON humming for sure )....As for the comments about you HAVING to get the deal you stipulate, don't you think there is a true REASOn they let you waklk mummbling to yourself....what would you do if someone offered you a lot less than you wanted for your car...oh thats right....you didn't accept it! Case Closed. and PS e-bay only works for used and Halo cars......

My point is that if and when peoples veiw changes to understand they determine what the market will bear than they then can set the price. The only reason I cannot make a demand, is becuase most people don't understand enough to drive the cost down. I basically have to pay more than I want because others are whiling to, but I'm sure that I can negotiate better than most and get the minimum that a dealer will except because I know how and when to buy! As for E-Bay I can sell a car with a note six months after I buy it on A-plan, you just have to know what you are doing! You have to draw up a contract obligating yourself to hand over the title once it is freed of the lein, and you also have to surrender your plates till the title is transfered to the new owners name, and they can send you your plates back! E-bay eliminates the need for dealer envolvement in selling your new car!

Edited by Furious1Auto

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that if and when peoples veiw changes to understand they determine what the market will bear than they then can set the price. The only reason I cannot make a demand, is becuase most people don't understand enough to drive the cost down. I basically have to pay more than I want because others are whiling to, but I'm sure that I can negotiate better than most and get the minimum that a dealer will except because I know how and when to buy! As for E-Bay I can sell a car with a note six months after I buy it on A-plan, you just have to know what you are doing! You have to draw up a contract obligating yourself to hand over the title once it is freed of the lein, and you also have to surrender your plates till the title is transfered to the new owners name, and they can send you your plates back! E-bay eliminates the need for dealer envolvement in selling your new car!

you can and never will be able to DEMAND your price if it doesn't make fiscal sence furious....REGARDLESS if you are not the only one...let me put this as simple as I possibly can....dealership owns car 'A" for $15000, that is THEIR cost....Furious come in after a few cocktails and offers $13,000...dealership says "no thankyou"........as for the A-plan aside from the fact it crosses franchaise laws to negotiate THAT price, selling after six months........do you actually KNOW the difference between a new and used car? did you know that YOU cannot sell a new car on e-bay.......unless you are a sales person for a franchised dealer.....

actually you DON"T have to pay more than you want...you just have champagne taste and a beer budget...set your sights more realistically, if you think you can buy an F250 for the price of a Ranger you are in for a rude awakening.....and you'll never own one if that is your mentality....this wiill be the last time I will repeat myself...if yours , or ANYONE elses "offer" is deemed un-acceptable from a fiscal standpoint by the selling dealer it will be ( maybe) politely REJECTED...but by all means go thru the service drive and offer $15 for their $29.95 oil change special.....

you can and never will be able to DEMAND your price if it doesn't make fiscal sence furious....REGARDLESS if you are not the only one...let me put this as simple as I possibly can....dealership owns car 'A" for $15000, that is THEIR cost....Furious come in after a few cocktails and offers $13,000...dealership says "no thankyou"........as for the A-plan aside from the fact it crosses franchaise laws to negotiate THAT price, selling after six months........do you actually KNOW the difference between a new and used car? did you know that YOU cannot sell a new car on e-bay.......unless you are a sales person for a franchised dealer.....

Of coarse it would be used, and could be trucked to my house till it was sold, technically it would be used because it had been titled to someone, and regardless of mile/condition. Also I understand that even with a dealers license I will not be able to sell new cars unless I worked for a franchised dealer. the point is that I can sell a car that still has a note on it, and that I will get better than a dealer would give me on a trade in. Also you are right about me not being able to buy for less than you paid unless the Manufacterer either offers employee or other factory to dealer incentives to sell. At the end of each month the dealer gets volume incentives for moving X amount of units, and at that time if the dealer is only a few units away from their target they will sell at a break even or little marging to get their volume incentives! In order to motivate Ford to offer special incentives to the dealer there has to be a voulme reduction system wide, with a significant surplus! (remember those employee pricing sales in 05') I'm not telling you that I can convince you to take a loss, it's all about pushing for less than you want to sell to me for, and catching you at a time when you are motivated to sell! As for what you give me for my trade, it's worth what it's worth. I'm aware of what they are retailing for on dealer lots before I start negotiating, and your not going to make a $6,500 or even $6,000 after prep costs when you resale my trade, at least not while there are better options available to me!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Of coarse it would be used, and could be trucked to my house till it was sold, technically it would be used because it had been titled to someone, and regardless of mile/condition. Also I understand that even with a dealers license I will not be able to sell new cars unless I worked for a franchised dealer. the point is that I can sell a car that still has a note on it, and that I will get better than a dealer would give me on a trade in. Also you are right about me not being able to buy for less than you paid unless the Manufacterer either offers employee or other factory to dealer incentives to sell. At the end of each month the dealer gets volume incentives for moving X amount of units, and at that time if the dealer is only a few units away from their target they will sell at a break even or little marging to get their volume incentives! In order to motivate Ford to offer special incentives to the dealer there has to be a voulme reduction system wide, with a significant surplus! (remember those employee pricing sales in 05') I'm not telling you that I can convince you to take a loss, it's all about pushing for less than you want to sell to me for, and catching you at a time when you are motivated to sell! As for what you give me for my trade, it's worth what it's worth. I'm aware of what they are retailing for on dealer lots before I start negotiating, and your not going to make a $6,500 or even $6,000 after prep costs when you resale my trade, at least not while there are better options available to me!

so you agree with me that dealers are WHOLESALE and YOU are retail.....coulda saved a shit load of typing and carpel tunnel if you had just friggin agreed in the first place...look back....I even said a customer will make 3-4k more than a trade ( WHOLESALE ACV ) in value if they RETAIL the car themselves...thats a total Captain Obvious statement that you seem to finally have come to grips with.........as for pushing for less thats nothing different than what is common practice as of right now, the past AND the Future....its called negotiation...in car lot terms "the grind"...it has NEVER changed, and probably never will...so you are basically no different than the normal customer off the street...maybe just a little more pig headed thats all....and if that floats your boat god bless.....I will say this though...that pig headedness can turn a simple transaction into a 4 hr debaucle....a transaction can be a simple as one wishes it to be, A-plans ESPECIALLY.....

Edited by Deanh

so you agree with me that dealers are WHOLESALE and YOU are retail.....coulda saved a shit load of typing and carpel tunnel if you had just friggin agreed in the first place...look back....I even said a customer will make 3-4k more than a trade ( WHOLESALE ACV ) in value if they RETAIL the car themselves...thats a total Captain Obvious statement that you seem to finally have come to grips with.........as for pushing for less thats nothing different than what is common practice as of right now, the past AND the Future....its called negotiation...in car lot terms "the grind"...it has NEVER changed, and probably never will...so you are basically no different than the normal customer off the street...maybe just a little more pig headed thats all....and if that floats your boat god bless.....I will say this though...that pig headedness can turn a simple transaction into a 4 hr debaucle....a transaction can be a simple as one wishes it to be, A-plans ESPECIALLY.....

I'm just pissed about the shelby, no f-cking way would I ever pay over MSRP. You and I both know that it is possible to give A-Plan pricing on it, the dealers just choose not to. I guess it is good for those who will pay it because the limited volume will make the car appreciate in the long run! but lower voulme sales will prevent any future nestalgia to common people that they gave in the 60's and 70's muscle car era. Simply not enough people will ever even get to drive them to even know who has the toughest muscle. Most will rot in a garage with 20 others like it in a collection some rich wheiny assembled, what a shame! Oh yeah, if your idea of a simple transaction is for me to surrender 1 unnecessary penny to you, then you better pack a lunch, because we will be at it all day just like we have been. :shades: I've quite enjoyed this, but so far your keeping your car because your being pigheaded! :hysterical:

I'm just pissed about the shelby, no f-cking way would I ever pay over MSRP. You and I both know that it is possible to give A-Plan pricing on it, the dealers just choose not to. I guess it is good for those who will pay it because the limited volume will make the car appreciate in the long run! but lower voulme sales will prevent any future nestalgia to common people that they gave in the 60's and 70's muscle car era. Simply not enough people will ever even get to drive them to even know who has the toughest muscle. Most will rot in a garage with 20 others like it in a collection some rich wheiny assembled, what a shame! Oh yeah, if your idea of a simple transaction is for me to surrender 1 unnecessary penny to you, then you better pack a lunch, because we will be at it all day just like we have been. :shades: I've quite enjoyed this, but so far your keeping your car because your being pigheaded! :hysterical:

Furious...I have addressed the Shelby in another LONG thread...NO, you will NEVER be able to get A-plan on a LIMITED EDITION vehicle unless your last name is Ford....that's it. you ARE insane if you think otherwise....you need to jump the fence for once and look thru the dealers eyes...because you are being TOTALLY hypocritical....you wanted more for your own car because you thought you could get it....correct? And you have the nerve to chastise dealers for wanting more for their car because they CAN ( notice the difference between the word thought and CAN ) get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You may be the most stubborn, single minded, self centered poster i have ever come across...it seems if you don't get y;our way everybody else is a friggin crook....get a clue, read a paper, watch CNN, step outside smell the roses...this is reality, NOT a bubble YOU live in.....and i will stand by transactions being as simple as one wants to be...you won't compromise but you want the dealer too....interesting, you would make an amazing business man....and a LOUSY sales person.....the thought of you dealing with yourself could make a movie....it would definitely be a long one though, they would have to go old school and bring back intermissions....

Furious...I have addressed the Shelby in another LONG thread...NO, you will NEVER be able to get A-plan on a LIMITED EDITION vehicle unless your last name is Ford....that's it. you ARE insane if you think otherwise....you need to jump the fence for once and look thru the dealers eyes...because you are being TOTALLY hypocritical....you wanted more for your own car because you thought you could get it....correct? And you have the nerve to chastise dealers for wanting more for their car because they CAN ( notice the difference between the word thought and CAN ) get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You may be the most stubborn, single minded, self centered poster i have ever come across...it seems if you don't get y;our way everybody else is a friggin crook....get a clue, read a paper, watch CNN, step outside smell the roses...this is reality, NOT a bubble YOU live in.....and i will stand by transactions being as simple as one wants to be...you won't compromise but you want the dealer too....interesting, you would make an amazing business man....and a LOUSY sales person.....the thought of you dealing with yourself could make a movie....it would definitely be a long one though, they would have to go old school and bring back intermissions....

we are identical you and me, we just have opposing interests and you are more insulting!

we are identical you and me, we just have opposing interests and you are more insulting!

Bollocks...more in tune with reality...you just don't friggin get it! If you have taken insult then I apologize....but having to repeat and repeat and repeat is frustrating to say the least...we couldn't be less alike to tell the truth...I compromise, also from the looks of things a tad older and have sold more vehicles than you have, or ever will buy, so a little more experienced in the dealer/ customer dynamic.....your interests are SOLEY self centered, that much is blatantly obviuos....remember, one should treat others as they would like to be treated themselves...now imagine dealing with yourself, the lesson for today is "Learn to compromise and EVERYONE is happy. " I have NEVER sold a car to a person that is not happy........."

Edited by Deanh

Bollocks...more in tune with reality...you just don't friggin get it! If you have taken insult then I apologize....but having to repeat and repeat and repeat is frustrating to say the least...we couldn't be less alike to tell the truth...I compromise, also from the looks of things a tad older and have sold more vehicles than you have, or ever will buy, so a little more experienced in the dealer/ customer dynamic.....your interests are SOLEY self centered, that much is blatantly obviuos....remember, one should treat others as they would like to be treated themselves...now imagine dealing with yourself, the lesson for today is "Learn to compromise and EVERYONE is happy. " I have NEVER sold a car to a person that is not happy........."

Would you have given me KBB trade value so that I coud have the $1,000 equity I had in to my car at the time? If not than I would not have been happy. The Ford dealer would not, but I test drove a Jeep Wrangler and explained the same situation to the Chrysler dealer and he gave me KBB trade value in the deal he worked up, allowing me $1,000 towards the new vehicle. Also the interest rate was the same as the Ford dealer!

Would you have given me KBB trade value so that I coud have the $1,000 equity I had in to my car at the time? If not than I would not have been happy. The Ford dealer would not, but I test drove a Jeep Wrangler and explained the same situation to the Chrysler dealer and he gave me KBB trade value in the deal he worked up, allowing me $1,000 towards the new vehicle. Also the interest rate was the same as the Ford dealer!

wow...another bout of let me repeat myself...why would I give you more $ for your trade when i can basically purchase the car from the Auction for 3,000 less? if I was making $3000 profit on the new car perhaps..just overallow...but at A plan thatjust isn't feasible is it? Did you fail math?....Got news for you...the extra $ given by the Jeep dealer didn't just come from no-where....and i thought you re-financed your own car....?????????????????????? story seems to be changing

wow...another bout of let me repeat myself...why would I give you more $ for your trade when i can basically purchase the car from the Auction for 3,000 less? if I was making $3000 profit on the new car perhaps..just overallow...but at A plan thatjust isn't feasible is it? Did you fail math?....Got news for you...the extra $ given by the Jeep dealer didn't just come from no-where....and i thought you re-financed your own car....?????????????????????? story seems to be changing

If it didn't make business sense than why would the JEEP dealer do it, are Ford dealers greedy and unwhiling to give the same offers as their competitors? I did refi my car and KBB still reflects $1,000 positive equity!

Edited by Furious1Auto

If it didn't make business sense than why would the JEEP dealer do it, are Ford dealers greedy and unwhiling to give the same offers as their competitors? I did refi my car and KBB still reflects $1,000 positive equity!

is there a damn echo in here....? if you are A plan the dealership cannot OVERALLOW on a trade HOLY H CHRIST MAN, how many damn times do i have to friggin repeat myself? I'm DONE! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Hey...if youd bought a Rolls Royce they could have given you another $8000 for your trade.........

is there a damn echo in here....? if you are A plan the dealership cannot OVERALLOW on a trade HOLY H CHRIST MAN, how many damn times do i have to friggin repeat myself? I'm DONE! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Hey...if youd bought a Rolls Royce they could have given you another $8000 for your trade.........

Hey, Deanh I entered to win a free Shelby GT500KR. If I win it, I will sell it to your dealership for a discount price of $75,000 above invoice! :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto

Hey, Deanh I entered to win a free Shelby GT500KR. If I win it, I will sell it to your dealership for a discount price of $75,000 above invoice! :hysterical:

once again yo yo...do you NOT understand the difference between wholesale and retail? :banghead::banghead::banghead: e-bay would be your ticket there......

The level of ignorance in this thread of basic concepts of commerce is just astounding.

Just bail out Deanh. You don't need the brain damage here.

dealing with ignorance is my Kryptonite....LOL! My head already hurts...got weak and roped in, but i'm done....just needed someone to tell me...Cheers Sporko.

once again yo yo...do you NOT understand the difference between wholesale and retail? :banghead::banghead::banghead: e-bay would be your ticket there......

My problem with your whole arguement is you use of over allow when selling on A-Plan. By over allow you mean paying me to much for my trade. All I wanted is what it is worth, I don't see where A-Plan has anything at all to do with the value of my vehicle. It is worth what it is worth. Are you telling me that when a customer buys a car from you on A-Plan that you automatically devalue their trade to steal the discounts that their employer gave them? That's what it sounds like to me. So it is better not to trade anything on an A-Plan deal, because you think your entitled to a portion of my discount as profit? And if I want to trade than I'm better off not trading at a Ford dealer so that I can get what my vehicle is acctually worth? You can insult me and spin the issue all you want, but you scew your customers!

The level of ignorance in this thread of basic concepts of commerce is just astounding.

Just bail out Deanh. You don't need the brain damage here.

Sporko your a tool, you must also be in the business of screwing customers "cough cough" Selling cars!

Edited by Furious1Auto

My problem with your whole arguement is you use of over allow when selling on A-Plan. By over allow you mean paying me to much for my trade. All I wanted is what it is worth, I don't see where A-Plan has anything at all to do with the value of my vehicle. It is worth what it is worth. Are you telling me that when a customer buys a car from you on A-Plan that you automatically devalue their trade to steal the discounts that their employer gave them?

Look, its like this. Last truck we bought, we traded another. We owed 12000 and they were very nice and gave us 18000. They raised the price of the truck to near full to make up for it because the dealer has to make money. If they sell to you at A plan and give you full value for your trade (depending on what your basing that value on) they could ned up making no money at all. Their in the business of making money, so I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

Look, its like this. Last truck we bought, we traded another. We owed 12000 and they were very nice and gave us 18000. They raised the price of the truck to near full to make up for it because the dealer has to make money. If they sell to you at A plan and give you full value for your trade (depending on what your basing that value on) they could ned up making no money at all. Their in the business of making money, so I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

Your missing the point they are going to make money on the sale. I understand how it works. What Im saying is that if I buy without trading they make a fixed amount, and somehow if you have a trade they think they are intitled to more than that fixed amount. That extra money is coming from screwing me on my trade. I'm better off not trading anything and making the dealer settle for what ever margin Ford allows them on an A-Plan sale. I will never trade at a Ford dealer again knowing this. I'm in the business of getting the best deal I can, not incresing the dealers profit margins at my expense!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Your missing the point they are going to make money on the sale. I understand how it works. What Im saying is that if I buy without trading they make a fixed amount, and somehow if you have a trade they think they are intitled to more than that fixed amount. That extra money is coming from screwing me on my trade. I'm better off not trading anything and making the dealer settle for what ever margin Ford allows them on an A-Plan sale. I will never trade at a Ford dealer again knowing this. I'm in the business of getting the best deal I can, not incresing the dealers profit margins at a loss to me!

What worth are you going by? They can't give you the full value of your vehicle because they can't sell it for that much and it may in fact have to sell for less. If they were not selling on A plan they could raise the price of the vehicle in order to make up for the loss of the trade. In your case they can't. I think its quite simple.

Edited by suv_guy_19

What worth are you going by? They can't give you the full value of your vehicle because they can't sell it for that much and it may in fact have to sell for less. If they were not selling on A plan they could raise the price of the vehicle in order to make up for the loss of the trade. In your case they can't. I think its quite simple.

Wrong my car was retailing for $18,500, KBB trade value was $14,000 and a dealer offered my only $12,000. At that time my pay off was $13,000! I would have settled for my pay off, but the dealer insisted that I take $1,000 negative equity. So I walked out and refinanced my car. If they would have given me payoff I would have bought a new vehicle that they would have made money on while enjoying a $5,000 profit margin on my trade. This all happend about 8 months ago, then about three weeks ago I went to a Chrysler dealer, and hade the salesman write up a deal on a JEEP Unlimited. He offered me $2,000 off sticker and KBB trade value for my car. The question is not whether or not I need an edjucation, but rather why do Ford dealers think that they are special and can just ignore what someones vehicle is worth while their competition pays KBB?

Edited by Furious1Auto

My problem with your whole arguement is you use of over allow when selling on A-Plan. By over allow you mean paying me to much for my trade. All I wanted is what it is worth, I don't see where A-Plan has anything at all to do with the value of my vehicle. It is worth what it is worth. Are you telling me that when a customer buys a car from you on A-Plan that you automatically devalue their trade to steal the discounts that their employer gave them? That's what it sounds like to me. So it is better not to trade anything on an A-Plan deal, because you think your entitled to a portion of my discount as profit? And if I want to trade than I'm better off not trading at a Ford dealer so that I can get what my vehicle is acctually worth? You can insult me and spin the issue all you want, but you scew your customers!

Sporko your a tool, you must also be in the business of screwing customers "cough cough" Selling cars!

last reply, obviously NO_ONE here is right except you, even those actually IN the business...bottom line, your car IS NOT WORTH WHAT YOU THINK IT IS! but the dealer is trying to rip you off by NOT agreeing with your inflated hypothetical #...thats it...if you want more SELL IT FOR REATAIL YOURSELF, lazy ass, why should a dealer pay 3 grand more than he can buy them from elsewhere just to appese you? we don't steal a$$wipe we give ACTUAL MARKET VALUE, approxiamately what we can buy the car elsewhere for less reconditioning and any work that needs to be done......... wasting posts on someone this pigheaded is a waste of anyones time that responds...knock yourself out furious and argue with yourself...SUV don't waste your time.....no hope here, this guy thinks the world is also flat and its like talking to ice melting in a glass......do us all a favor, go see a psych, Freud would have a damn field day.....IDIOT!...you deserve ALL the hostility you have EVER encountered at a dealership, because you OBVIOUSLY bring it on yourself..look in the mirror..THATS the problem. Later.

last reply, obviously NO_ONE here is right except you, even those actually IN the business...bottom line, your car IS NOT WORTH WHAT YOU THINK IT IS! but the dealer is trying to rip you off by NOT agreeing with your inflated hypothetical #...thats it...if you want more SELL IT FOR REATAIL YOURSELF, lazy ass, why should a dealer pay 3 grand more than he can buy them from elsewhere just to appese you? we don't steal a$$wipe we give ACTUAL MARKET VALUE, approxiamately what we can buy the car elsewhere for less reconditioning and any work that needs to be done......... wasting posts on someone this pigheaded is a waste of anyones time that responds...knock yourself out furious and argue with yourself...SUV don't waste your time.....no hope here, this guy thinks the world is also flat and its like talking to ice melting in a glass......do us all a favor, go see a psych, Freud would have a damn field day.....IDIOT!...you deserve ALL the hostility you have EVER encountered at a dealership, because you OBVIOUSLY bring it on yourself..look in the mirror..THATS the problem. Later.

With a fowl mouth like yours it's a wounder you ever sold one vehicle, You are a theif and expect people to have understanding for you while you smile in their face and take advantage of them.

P.S. dealers don't show me disrespect in person, and neither would you!