THE NEW KA

Edstock

AUTOEXPRESS = unreliable source ... and the chop is so bad it is laughable (just look at the base of the A-pillar)

Igor

Your are right Igor a lot of folk say they are the car's equivalent of gutter press in the UK, not to reliable source as you say.

I notice it mentioned the Fiat 500 Igor. It launched in the UK in January, Fiat sold out it's UK stock of cars within a week. Life is gonna be tough for the Mini and Ka in the future.

Auto Express reports that the UK's first consignment of Fiat 500 has sold out. The United Kingdom had an initial allocation of 4,500 units when sales began two weeks ago, but already Fiat dealers are struggling to replenish stocks of the popular modern-retro car.

Fiat executives, who have hit the proverbial jackpot with the 500, cannot wipe the smiles off their faces because of 500. The growing waiting list is evidence of this 500 madness that hasn't been seen since the launch of the new MINI in 2001. So bad/good is the situation – depending on who's asking – that certain buyers are taking advantage and seeing the investment opportunity presented by the shortage of cars. They are offering their cars for sale on auction on websites like eBay, some at ridiculous prices, because they know the waiting list is long and oglers with the cash aren't willing to wait.

Fiat South Africa is also saying better order your 500 tomorrow, otherwise you may have to wait until the end of July for delivery. One Fiat dealer claims he can't believe the number of MINIs that park outside his dealership where owners want to check out the 500, which is priced at €1200 less than MINI. The phenomenal success of the 500 comes at a time when the Fiat Group has recorded its largest ever trading profit – €3.2 billion based on a turnover of €59 billion – in its 2007 Annual Results. These figures are up 12.9 percent on 2006 with a 66 percent increase in trading profit, and the Automobiles sector almost doubled its profit over 2006, to €1.1 billion.

CHYSLER TAKE NOTE- ADD A LITTLE SOUL

Chrysler for instance, can learn a valuable lesson here. One or two hit models can have an unbelievable result for your bottom line. If a manufacturer like Fiat can be turned around, anyone else out there singing the bankruptcy blues can look up with great hope in their eyes.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080210.002/fiat-500-uk-sold-out

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I notice it mentioned the Fiat 500 Igor. It launched in the UK in January, Fiat sold out it's UK stock of cars within a week. Life is gonna be tough for the Mini and Ka in the future.

Not to argue, the Fiat is nice, but the new Ka should do just fine. It's the Mini and the Smart that will have a harder time justifying their costs, IMHO, because the 500 and the Ka offer a lower-priced alternative.

CHYSLER TAKE NOTE- ADD A LITTLE SOUL

Chrysler for instance, can learn a valuable lesson here. One or two hit models can have an unbelievable result for your bottom line. If a manufacturer like Fiat can be turned around, anyone else out there singing the bankruptcy blues can look up with great hope in their eyes.

Doesn't do you much good if you don't fix the other problems in your lineup also...or your back in the barrel again..

Plus I guess World Car Fans never heard of the LX platform either...

:rolleyes:

That would be perfect competition for the Smart here in the US. If they bring it here starting at less than $10k I bet they would sell a ton.

Does Smart even NEED competitors in the US? Smart has yet to demonstrate that there is even a viable market here for their vehicles. The Verve will be the smallest Ford we'll see here, which is fine with me.

Does Smart even NEED competitors in the US? Smart has yet to demonstrate that there is even a viable market here for their vehicles. The Verve will be the smallest Ford we'll see here, which is fine with me.

Verve for me too...but Smarts will be selling like crazy...silly little things like THAt take off here in Cooky California....

Doesn't do you much good if you don't fix the other problems in your lineup also...or your back in the barrel again..

Plus I guess World Car Fans never heard of the LX platform either...

:rolleyes:

Fiat were making the same big losses at the same time as Ford, they have gone from Zero to Hero with the Fiat 500. From 0 sales to maybe up tp 250,000 sales in very little time. Fiat have made it back to big profits faster than Ford. SOULED OUT

http://www.wintonsworld.com/cars/2008/fiat-500-review.html

Fiat were making the same big losses at the same time as Ford, they have gone from Zero to Hero with the Fiat 500. From 0 sales to maybe up tp 250,000 sales in very little time. Fiat have made it back to big profits faster than Ford. SOULED OUT

Lets see where Fiat is in about 5 years....the LX (300, Charger, etc) platform was a big hit for Chrysler about 4-5 years ago...look at where they are now!

Lets see where Fiat is in about 5 years....the LX (300, Charger, etc) platform was a big hit for Chrysler about 4-5 years ago...look at where they are now!

as Ford learnt a while ago ( ie trucks and SUV's ) one cannot put ones blue ovals all in ONE basket.