THE NEW KA

Edstock

I think Fiesta will push the lower Ford envelope, Ka is too small for American market.

I think there is room for the Ka as well. Toyota is coming out with a 3-seat Smart competitor called the IQ. Once its confirmed that the Smart has a substainable market in the U.S., Toyota will jump on the bandwagon and start bringing it over.

There are people who would buy a very small car, but one that has more than two seats.

Here is the new IQ:

car_photo_244755_25.jpg

Edited by MarkFive

How about a Ford Fresca?

heh heh, truth be told here is the TRUE mini car could never take off here....people are just too big...although it seems the world as a whole is becoming larger and taller...witness chinese 7 ft PLUS basketball palyers....god forbid! Steroids in the rice perhaps?

shame it will never come here..question, price-wise how does it compare to the Smart?....IF they could bring it here for similar $ they MAY be onto something........

That would be perfect competition for the Smart here in the US. If they bring it here starting at less than $10k I bet they would sell a ton.

I think a US Ka / Smart competitor could be a good idea for congested cities.

Isn't the original Ka an iconic design over there? This chop seems to rob it of most of its originality. But then the same thing happened to the new Focus hatches, in my opinion, so maybe Ford UK just doesn't see that as a priority.

I think the original Ka is ugly.

I think there is room for the Ka as well. Toyota is coming out with a 3-seat Smart competitor called the IQ. Once its confirmed that the Smart has a substainable market in the U.S., Toyota will jump on the bandwagon and start bringing it over.

There are people who would buy a very small car, but one that has more than two seats.

Here is the new IQ:

car_photo_244755_25.jpg

Well, whoever designed that didn't have an IQ: it's ugly. :hysterical:

I think a US Ka / Smart competitor could be a good idea for congested cities.

You maybe right l think sometime in the near future the US big 3 will get a bit of a shock with fuel prices and will wake up to the fact they are loosing sales to the likes of Toyota because of poor fuel efficiency, but even Toyota admit they don't make money on the Prius but will make $6,000 profit from every big SUV they sell. It will take a big shock to rock the boat but once oil hits $200 a barrel things will change. GM are waking up to the fact and may be the leader, Ford seem luke warm and Toyota like the profits they are making on big SUV but they could change now but there is no profit in it at the moment.

Fiat 500 looks small but its not, l had a look at one a few weeks ago in a car park and they are about the same size a beetle and a bit bigger than the current Ford Ka. I have gotta say l wish it was a Blue Oval because if it was l would buy one. It looks better in reality than in photos and looks a winner.

Fiats 500 is going Stateside in 2010 it should be interesting to see how it gets on, and you can get up to 78 UK MPG from it's diesel so like you say it might sell well in congested cities in the US.

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-comparison.as...1&ED3=50448

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Fiat 500 looks small but its not

Yes it is.

fiat-500-spy-interior-3.jpg

It amazes me how someone who lives in Europe is so clueless about the industry there, stfu already, you're like the british equivalent of the panther mafia. Yeah, FOE really needs help, Mondeo isn't as good as cars from the last century, etc. Nothing will ever match the past. That charm, that feeling... :rolleyes:

FYI, Fiat was already on a roll when the 500 arrived, everything started with the billions of dollars GM gave them so they didn't have to be forced into buying Fiat. And of course, that money was wisely invested, everything ranging from Alfa Romeo to Maserati got their share, and it shows.

NO ONE WILL EVER REMEMBER THE NEW 500 AS FIAT'S "SAVIOUR".

ONE HIT WONDERS ARE WORTHLESS.

FORD ALREADY HAD SOMETHING LIKE THE 500... it was called the 2005 Mustang, yeah, a hot car at the time, and look how that "saved" the company... oh, except it didn't. Ditto with the LX cars as others have pointed out, and the Edge, and the... well you get the point.

Edited by pcsario