Ford Lagging Behind GM, Chrysler and Toyota in NASCAR

mlhm5

"After Ford’s dismal showing during Speedweeks at Daytona, it’s time for a Ford driver to stand up and make something happen. "

Hey, Ford wasn't even a factor at Daytona. Doesn't Ford know winning NASCAR races sells cars? You would have thought they already knew that, wouldn't you?

"What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday" may be an old saying but what wins on Sunday builds your brand.

Dodge comes in 1 and 2 and Nardelli goes into the garage and gives Newman a million dollar check while all 9 Ford drivers came in where?

Watch out for Toyota. They had more HP than anyone at Daytona and if you think Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch and Dave Blaney won't win a race this year, think again.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest as well, I remember the days when I did give Nascar a fair chance and tried to get into the sport. This was probably 1997/98 or so and I watched it and reallly tried to get into the whole hoopla that was surrounding it. It just didnt work. It was boring and it just got worse in the 10 years since then. I assume its nice to see in person, but I would personally rather watch the Long Beach GP thats run on a road course out here than go to Fontana and see Nascar run.

Nascar hasnt been a factor in years.

Sports Illustrated does not agree with you, but who are they to argue with you? After all NASCAR attendance is greater than a year’s worth of professional football, basketball, and baseball combined.

Anyway, if it is not a factor why not just get out rather than embarrass yourself by not even being a factor at the biggest race of the year?

Sports Illustrated

Edited by mlhm5

LOL.... how does SI's assumption that it translates into sales work out for Chrysler?

How's the Dodge... uhh.. err.... (insert what the sticker on the Dodge car says here) sell these days? How much of that can even be remotely attributed to the Nascar crowd?

Nascar still sucks, its boring, and even if Ford was winning guess what? It would still suck. V8 Supercar is alot more entertaining to watch.

Sports Illustrated does not agree with you, but who are they to argue with you? After all NASCAR attendance is greater than a year’s worth of professional football, basketball, and baseball combined.

Anyway, if it is not a factor why not just get out rather than embarrass yourself by not even being a factor at the biggest race of the year?

Sports Illustrated

The only thing that is a factor is the advertising...and there was plenty of Ford advertising during the Daytona 500. We all know how much success Ford was having in the showroom when Roush Racing was fielding 5 of the Top 10 cars not too many years ago. Oh wait. They weren't having success in the showroom then either. Hmmm. Back to the drawing board!

"After Ford’s dismal showing during Speedweeks at Daytona,

Hey, Ford wasn't even a factor at Daytona.

I consider that some of the best news about FMC we have seem in a long time.

Who gives a shit about Nascar? You really think that people see a car that has stickers on it to make it look like a Fusion is really going to help sales? That's just retarded.

"After Ford’s dismal showing during Speedweeks at Daytona, it’s time for a Ford driver to stand up and make something happen. "

Hey, Ford wasn't even a factor at Daytona. Doesn't Ford know winning NASCAR races sells cars? You would have thought they already knew that, wouldn't you?

"What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday" may be an old saying but what wins on Sunday builds your brand.

Dodge comes in 1 and 2 and Nardelli goes into the garage and gives Newman a million dollar check while all 9 Ford drivers came in where?

Watch out for Toyota. They had more HP than anyone at Daytona and if you think Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch and Dave Blaney won't win a race this year, think again.

are you fucking retarded?

Richard can't you delete this retarded thread and ban this SOB who wastes space

Sports Illustrated

SI is just about fucking chicks in bikinis, but the worst part is they aren't nude.....fuck SI

Ah, SI, the pinnacle of motorsports journalism. They should stick to swim suits.

Meanwhile, the NASCAR decline continues. When gas gets to $4 a gallon, only the mullet-minds will care about NASCAR.

NASCAR: the race to irrelevance.

Oh the horror. Who the hell cares what SI has to say, especially when it comes to cars (or NASCAR). The only reason you decided to regurgitate the article is because it had something negative in it regarding Ford.

Chalk that up to yet another one of your useless threads.

nascrap...who cares

I am a long time nascar fan. I have watched it for around 25 years. What wins on Sunday does not sell on Monday anymore. Those days are long since past. The cars are nearly identical save for the engine package.

They may as well call it IROC racing. The passion left me sometime ago. Nascar does have a huge following but they have slipped two years in a row. They are trying to get back to their roots but that is yet to be seen.

GM basically got their ass handed to them at Daytona along with Ford. The best funded and best organized teams will be successful no matter what brand they are running. Why do you think the Gibbs cars looked so good right off the bat? The result would have been the same if they were running Fords. Toyota was smart to get in bed with such a good team and organization.

Wow, this proves even the stupidest thread will keep getting posts.

mlm5 never ceases to scrape the bottom of the barrel in looking for something,ANYTHING bad about ford.

hmm, I guess I'll hit the reply button this time. Last time I didn't because I would be adding to a stupid thread and be no better than others...guess I'm not.