2009 Mazda 6

Blueblood

Dont think the 3.5L has be mated to a manual just yet...I mean, eventually it will for the Mustang when the 3.7L is phased into it, but I see the 3.7L Manual also possible work with another RWD products, the F and E-series, but it would look like a 3.5L/3.7L Manual FWD combination to be a hard sell.

I think considering whos in control, if we get the 3.5L in the new M6, we should be so lucky....

Something doesn't look quite right with the front. Looks like someone sat on the hood and forced all the mass to bulge out to the sides. Kinda weird. I do like the back though. If that front looks as strange in person though, I think I'm off the market for another Mazda6 to replace mine.

As for the manual, hey, they offer one with the V6 now. I don't see why they wouldn't with the D35/D37.

Shows how close the EUCD and CD3 already are though

not necessarily, Mazda could have chosen to basically design two completely unrelated cars, and make them look almost identical.

we will see when the interior is revealed - if it is different - the 2 cars are as similar as Mondeo and Fusion under the skin - if the interiors are the same, Mazda just chose to go with a (slightly) different look for the US market.

Igor

Edited by igor

Could also be related to those silly European pedestrian-compatibility rules.

nope - the shape of the nose is the same - and the pedestrian laws have nothing to do with the tail - although Mazda might have redone that one to increase its size, since Europeans do not care much for boot size on sedans - they all buy the liftback and wagon anyways.

Igir