fiesta in 2010

blazerdude20

I cannot believe they are not going to build this in the U. S. . After all the concessions they received from the union. If Honda and Toyota can build cars in america, why can't Ford .

The Fusion should be made at one of the closed US plants. They need another plant. If they just advertised, they could sell a hell of a lot of them.

Chrysler is just as bad, with their new Journey.

THIS WAS NEVER PLANNED FOR US - EVER - REGARDLESS OF WHAT RON SAID ON THIS TOPIC - the decision was between Mexico, Brazil, and China.

Obviously Mexico won - as it has been known for almost a year now. The production site might have been mentioned in the UAW negotiations, but by then the assembly plant was set in stone - and any plan to move production was never seriously discussed - EVER - Ron was pulling all of your legs .. and it seems it worked. ..

Fusion cannot be made in US for a simple reason (and wages are NOT it) - Anything made in US gets huge tariff when imported to Brazil or Argentina, two of Fusion's key markets - there are no such tariffs on Mexico made products - thank your congress...

Igor

Edited by igor

It looks done.

but it won't be here for two years.

I'll just never understand I guess.

while the EU and US models will be almost identical, they are not the same car - the EU model was not developed as a global model, so it does not meet US regulations. Moreover Ford vacillated between assembly plants and that causes the final delay .. Cuatitlan needs complete gutting before the Fiesta can be built there

Igor

• 2 weeks later...
while the EU and US models will be almost identical, they are not the same car - the EU model was not developed as a global model, so it does not meet US regulations. Moreover Ford vacillated between assembly plants and that causes the final delay .. Cuatitlan needs complete gutting before the Fiesta can be built there

Igor

Do you know if our model will have the larger grille like the concept did?

More Spy pics witha couple interior shots too!

from the pictures ive seen it looks like they catch in the same place all the time.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/us-spec-ford-fiesta-spied.html

notice the front bumper - that is not camo - that is the real thing

oh'noes ... Ford will cut costs by having the bumpers black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idiots!!!!!!

It looks so cheap!!!!!!!!!!!

/sarcasm

The bumper is the real thing - albeit unpainted.

Igor

Igor, any idea on engines for the Fiesta? Also, any idea what the mileage targets might be for this car? Im seriously going to be looking for an econobox to get around in a year or three. Gas is just killing me right now.

Im having to re think whether I really need a truck when I could borrow one for the handful of times I need one.

Igor, any idea on engines for the Fiesta? Also, any idea what the mileage targets might be for this car? Im seriously going to be looking for an econobox to get around in a year or three. Gas is just killing me right now.

Im having to re think whether I really need a truck when I could borrow one for the handful of times I need one.

As far as I know, there will only be one engine at launch -- the 1.6L. Might come in a couple different tunes, but I think that's it for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jim Farley discussed US launch plans for the Fiesta in a recent Automotive News article. He says he hopes to have some foreign built Fiestas here for promotional purposes next summer, which he said would be 8 months before launch. Since summer starts in June that puts the launch around February 2010. Also he said the Chinese Fiesta sedan would be ready in about a month. I'll check chinacartimes frequently for a peek.

• 3 weeks later...