new corolla tops out at 23k

Biker16

Built one for myself there with the options i would probably get myself. I didnt try to pad the price at all to make it look worse, but still crap! 19K for a Corrola? Times are a changin'

Date: March 8, 2008

Zip Code: 90650

1.8L 4-cyl, S, 5-Speed Manual $16,320Option B View Details

Option B:

All-Weather Guard Package-includes heavy-duty heater with rear heater duct, anti-chipping tape and heated power remote-controlled outside mirrors [CK]

50 state emissions [FE]

AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer with WMA/MP3 playback capability, satellite radio capability [4] and six speakers [EV]

Sport Package-includes 16-in. alloy wheels with P205/55R16 steel-belted tires, rear deck spoiler, power windows with driver-side one-touch down remote keyless entry system with in-key transmitter and cruise control [sX]

$1,845Exterior:

Blue Streak MetallicInterior:

Dark Charcoal FabricCarpet floor mats/cargo mat set (5pc. set) (CF) $199

$199

Your Customized eBrochure

Destination & Handling

$660 $19,024

....but the corolla is much, much less of a car than the average. anyone with eyes can the stark interior, tin can doors, bare metal trunk, tepid handling, etc.

exactly. its still basically an entry level car with a mid sized price. THe one i priced out was basically a lower end model with floor mats and the MP3 sound system. in fact, it had the base engine and a manual trans. its not enough to warrant that kind of money. the only saving grace is has is its MPG, but there are other options that are less money out there that will do just as good.

exactly. its still basically an entry level car with a mid sized price. THe one i priced out was basically a lower end model with floor mats and the MP3 sound system. in fact, it had the base engine and a manual trans. its not enough to warrant that kind of money. the only saving grace is has is its MPG, but there are other options that are less money out there that will do just as good.

I have a good feeling the Civic will come out on top again between those two. Other makes may come up as well, as long as buyers do their research.

$17,995 for a new Mercury :redcard: GS. :stirpot:

Uh... no? You're talking $7K+ on the hood.

From here, :backtotopic:

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

the mazda3 is a MUCH better deal for that kind of money, not to mention you won't fall asleep driving the mazda -

toyota has lost it's mind

MAZDA3 i Touring 4-Door

Destination Fee $16,255

$635

148-hp 2.0L DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder

Standard

Front-Wheel Drive

5-Spd Manual Standard

Standard ABS/SAB/SAC

PACKAGE$395MOONROOF/6CD

PACKAGE$890ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS$78

COMPASS/AUTO-DIM MIRROR WITH HOMELINK$275

FOG LIGHTS$300REAR LIP SPOILER$325

Total MSRP:$19,153*M3S ITR P

Agreed, the Mazda 3 (I prefer hatch) is the nicest compact car on the market for the money. It gets great, and well deserved press from everyone, it's reliable and it's got a far superior interior to the toyota. And most of you guys around here know I won't just toot Fords horn just to hear it blow (like range). It's a great car. When Automobile Magazine picked it as one of their top 10 for 2007, along with cars like Lexus and BMW I knew Mazda was on to something. I don't know why anyone would even consider the other two, it's a no brainer.

I saw a new Corolla today....I don't think it's as bad looking as is in pictures, but it's still pretty ugly. I couldn't see the front (there was a garbage truck in the way....maybe it was hauling the piece of garbage Corolla to the dump? :hysterical: ) but saw the back which looked strange.

THe Yaris, has allowed the Corolla's pricing to creep upwards, problem is, how many people will really buy the $26K Corolla? There's a severe problem when you can buy a basic Taurus for less than that, and it's a more substantial vehicle in EVEREY which way.

Reminds me of the Jetta, it's a compact car and can command upwards of $26K as well, but still find it foolish for someone to spend that amount of money on something so tinsy...

Personally, anything over $20K, it better have a freaking V6 and be in the midsize class...

I priced out a couple. A basic Corolla with slushmatic, Option Group D with cruise, stability control and traction control, door sill enhancements and XM satellite radio was $18,158. The second time, I came over all aspirational. Got the LE with Option Group I. Cruise, CD autochanger, stability control, traction control, keyless entry and moonroof. Yours for 19,934 of your dollars. The XRS doesn't seem like good value for money to me, performance-wise. I do like the Bluetooth and JBL audio and moonroof

One thing I learned: Toyota has no idea how to do option packages at all! Group A might have 1, 2 and 3, while Group B will have 1, 2 and 4, but Group C will have 1, 2, 3 and 4. Then Group D would have 1, 2 and 5! It so incomprehensible, Toyota might as well have used individual options.

I priced out a couple. A basic Corolla with slushmatic, Option Group D with cruise, stability control and traction control, door sill enhancements and XM satellite radio was $18,158. The second time, I came over all aspirational. Got the LE with Option Group I. Cruise, CD autochanger, stability control, traction control, keyless entry and moonroof. Yours for 19,934 of your dollars. The XRS doesn't seem like good value for money to me, performance-wise. I do like the Bluetooth and JBL audio and moonroof

One thing I learned: Toyota has no idea how to do option packages at all! Group A might have 1, 2 and 3, while Group B will have 1, 2 and 4, but Group C will have 1, 2, 3 and 4. Then Group D would have 1, 2 and 5! It so incomprehensible, Toyota might as well have used individual options.

But that's Toyota's way of "simplifying" options!

RMC... stop watching the watch go back and forth... before you know it, they'll have you too. :hysterical:

LOL, I've just read articles on how Mulally wants to simplify options like Toyota has done. maybe he's been taken over already?

Believe me, I'd be one of the last to support Toyota.

Everyone else:

(Toyota)

:bowdown:

Me:

:drool:ford-symbol.gif

Edited by rmc523