Keep Mercury Alive

With todays article in the front page i feel like vomiting! I am so sick for people calling for the end of Mercury, did the person that wrote they article even notice that it may have be in the bottom five but yet its more recognizable then Mitsubishi, Audi or Acura.

So are we calling for the end of those as well?

Gime a freaking break here, if Mercury goes i need, Buick, Saturn, Pontiac, Scion gone as well.

im going to go crazy like that girl/boy that defended britney spears.

LEAVE MERCURY ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With todays article in the front page i feel like vomiting! I am so sick for people calling for the end of Mercury, did the person that wrote they article even notice that it may have be in the bottom five but yet its more recognizable then Mitsubishi, Audi or Acura.

Gime a freaking break here, if Mercury goes i need, Buick, Saturn, Pontiac, Scion gone as well.

I hope Mercury will stay with ford but in the long run, Ford will do what ever they want. If Mercury is Axed, Then so are alot of loyal Mercury fans, including me.

Front page of what?

I hope Mercury will stay with ford but in the long run, Ford will do what ever they want. If Mercury is Axed, Then so are alot of loyal Mercury fans, including me.

So you're saying you would no longer like Ford if they axed the Mercury brand, thus being a direct contradiction to your login name?

So you're saying you would no longer like Ford if they axed the Mercury brand, thus being a direct contradiction to your login name?

No, i was saying if Mercury was axed, There would also be Loyal MERCURY fans who would be upset as i would be upset if Mercury was Axed. I would still like and love Ford but IMO, Mercury should be kept. If it takes Mercury to be Axed to secure the survival of the Ford Motor Company then i am all For it.

Its on the front page of BON.

Edited by FordFanForEver

No, i was saying if Mercury was axed, There would also be Loyal MERCURY fans who would be upset as i would be upset if Mercury was Axed. I would still like and love Ford but IMO, Mercury should be kept. If it takes Mercury to be Axed to secure the survival of the Ford Motor Company then i am all For it.

Its on the front page of BON.

Gotcha.

I would bet the Mercury line is next on the list after Ford gets done revamping Lincoln brand with new sheet metal unique from the Ford line-up. they have to move at a steady pace to ensure they are not over streached, and that they make a concentraited effort to make the new Lincoln line up the best they can!

I'm surprised you didn't say 'Ford is CV'.

My rationalizations are based in common sense, the CV is a very recognizable nameplate, but the vehicles I listed for examples are all the best selling nameplates in their divisions.......except maybe Camry.....I think Corolla may actually be their "best ever" in sales, but my point is also the most recognized per nameplate.

My rationalizations are based in common sense, the CV is a very recognizable nameplate, but the vehicles I listed for examples are all the best selling nameplates in their divisions.......except maybe Camry.....I think Corolla may actually be their "best ever" in sales, but my point is also the most recognized per nameplate.

Im with you I agree its time for a new Grand Marquis.

I would bet the Mercury line is next on the list after Ford gets done revamping Lincoln brand with new sheet metal unique from the Ford line-up. they have to move at a steady pace to ensure they are not over streached, and that they make a concentraited effort to make the new Lincoln line up the best they can!

I hope you are right!

As for Mercury being the Grand Marquis, or Lincoln being the Town Car, I sincerely hope NOT!

Mercury for me has always been about 60s/70s Cougars, Montegos, Comets, Marquis. etc. The GM was good for the 80s and 90s. There's no reason they can't be reinvigorated for the future: a Focus based Comet, a Mustang based Cougar, the Milan is a modern Montego, and a modern Interceptor based Marauder/Marquis.

Lincoln at it's best was about the Premier, Cosmo, 61-69 Continental, the 56-57 Mark II, the 68+ Marks, and yes even the TC, but like the GM it should have been done and/or over in 95 or so. The MKZ and MKS are in the right direction and doing well.

Im with you I agree its time for a new Grand Marquis.

I agree, but they have to...at the least.......drop the "grand" prefix. There's nothing grand about it anymore. That sort of pretentiousness (Grand Fury, Grand Torino Elite) died in the 70s. Even Pontiac has dropped the "Grand" Am in favor of the G6. The Grand Prix (a shadow of it's former glory) at least is named after a race course. I cringe every time I hear that name, all I think of is a fat a$$ Piano LOL.

I agree, but they have to...at the least.......drop the "grand" prefix. There's nothing grand about it anymore. That sort of pretentiousness (Grand Fury, Grand Torino Elite) died in the 70s. Even Pontiac has dropped the "Grand" Am in favor of the G6. The Grand Prix (a shadow of it's former glory) at least is named after a race course. I cringe every time I hear that name, all I think of is a fat a$$ Piano LOL.

But it is a Grand "Marquee" of saying "I'm old"...

If it takes Mercury to be Axed to secure the survival of the Ford Motor Company then i am all For it.

Thats what the parasite import captive Ford brands have been doing... Thats why they are being sold...

Badge, grille and alternately trim engineered Fords are hardy sucking anything out of Ford. As I recall Mercuries are still profitable. As Lincoln fine tunes it's line-up, I believe there will still be room for Mercury models that move away from being rebadged Fords and fill spaces that just are not appropriate for Lincoln. Mercury started out as a single mid-priced car with an touch of Lincoln image with slightly above Ford prices. I believe too once Lincoln gets restablished, Ford will focus on giving Mercury clearer direction, define it's target customers and make relavent vehicle that are desired in the marketplace.

Also there is great equity in the Cougar name. It deserves to make a comeback...

Just as much as I believed the new Taurus was going to be a flop before it flopped, I don't believe Mercury is going anywhere...

Edited by Watchdevil

Thats what the parasite import captive Ford brands have been doing... Thats why they are being sold...

Badge, grille and alternately trim engineered Fords are hardy sucking anything out of Ford. As I recall Mercuries are still profitable. As Lincoln fine tunes it's line-up, I believe there will still be room for Mercury models that move away from being rebadged Fords and fill spaces that just are not appropriate for Lincoln. Mercury started out as a single mid-priced car with an touch of Lincoln image with slightly above Ford prices. I believe too once Lincoln gets restablished, Ford will focus on giving Mercury clearer direction, define it's target customers and make relavent vehicle that are desired in the marketplace.

Also there is great equity in the Cougar name. It deserves to make a comeback...

Just as much as I believed the new Taurus was going to be a flop before it flopped, I don't believe Mercury is going anywhere...

From your lips to god's ears. I have said it a hundred times you cant have Mercury and not have a Cougar.