2010 Ford Taurus SHO pic?

mustang84isu

Let's see how long those pics stay posted.

Remember when those Fusion renderings were up on that Mexican site?

If they disappear soon, we're looking at something legit.

that is different - those were official Ford renderings - this is a spy pic - except for a few circumstances, Ford cannot claim copyright on these and force their withdrawal - the bes they can do is buy them.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-46-1207629009.jpg

The side sculpting reminds me a bit of the Edge how it dips in between the wheel arches.

ford_edge54.JPG

And that is definitely a FoE-inspired lower intake opening, which I think is a huge step up. One area of FNA design that has been severely lacking lately is attention to the lower intake opening -- one glance at the Taurus or Focus will tell you what I mean.

Edited by staff

Definitely am expecting more.

Igor

I think thats the problem, after hearing that the Taurus made Mullay cry, we where all expecting something to knock our socks off.

From what I can tell, the car is pretty good looking, though its lacking the in-your-face styling that we've seen in the Fusion and Edge. The overall design is cohesive and nicely finished. I'm sure that will look even better in person and in a darker color.

that is different - those were official Ford renderings - this is a spy pic - except for a few circumstances, Ford cannot claim copyright on these and force their withdrawal - the bes they can do is buy them.

Couldn't Ford try to show that the pictures were taken illegally? This doesn't look like your run-of-the-mill spy shot, this looks like something from the design studio.

By the way, does anyone remember that clay model in the background of a press photo recently? I remember it looking somewhat like the MKS, but was it ever decided what it was? Could it have been this Taurus? That could give some decent confirmation.

Couldn't Ford try to show that the pictures were taken illegally? This doesn't look like your run-of-the-mill spy shot, this looks like something from the design studio.

Well, from that perspective, yes they could. But that would only result in action taken against the photographer, not the images themselves.

that is true - it is a big step from what we have now - the body is sculpted into a nice cohesive design - while blandish, it is stylish - I just realized what car it reminded me of: the Hyundai Azera - and I am not 100% sure this is NOT a facelift of the Azera.

Igor

I think it probably IS an Azera redesign. If you look at the center badge, it coud just as easily be a Hyundai as it cold be a Ford. (Because the picture is so blurry it's hard to say.) It also seems to fit with Hyundai's styling pretty well:

hyundai_azera_lincoln_navigator_named_tops_in_owner_satisfaction.jpg

I think thats the problem, after hearing that the Taurus made Mullay cry, we where all expecting something to knock our socks off.

From what I can tell, the car is pretty good looking, though its lacking the in-your-face styling that we've seen in the Fusion and Edge. The overall design is cohesive and nicely finished. I'm sure that will look even better in person and in a darker color.

Agreed.

Problem is, Ford has for a decade, teased us with truely outstanding sedan concepts, 49, 427, Interceptor, only to fall flat when it comes to production designs.

BTW, is this the RWD Taurus BLUEII was hinting at?

Agreed.

Problem is, Ford has for a decade, teased us with truely outstanding sedan concepts, 49, 427, Interceptor, only to fall flat when it comes to production designs.

no this would be the 2010 MKS based Taurus

Igor

enhanced2010taurus.jpg

I've carefully enhanced the photo. I attempted to eliminate the motion blur. Although it is more grainy now, it is easier to see some of the detailing.

That definitely ain't no Hyundai logo on the grille. The Edge-like side sculpting, current Taurus-like fender vents, FoE-style lower intake opening, and MKS-style side mirrors pretty much seals it for me that this is indeed the '10 Taurus, or a somewhat brilliant photoshop.

Edited by staff

I like it.

I see the new F150 grille in the grille of this Taurus. The mesh with the bar design looks better IMO then that of the Edge or Flex.

Yes, I was going to mention the slats in the grille as well. Definitely taking a cue from the F-150 platinum there with the mesh look on the upper and lower bar. Looks like a pretty effective blending of the 'Dave' look with the 'Kinetic' look as well.

I think the oval is clearly a FORD not Hyundai Kia or anything else - there is a hint of blue etc .... anyone else agree?

Definitely looks like a Ford script logo to me.

Edited by NickF1011

I have to say that the overall shape is very attractive - HOWEVER - what bugs me is the ovoid grille and the surround of the fog lights. Recent Ford's have had very well defined grilles with "purposeful" shape and design - this has nice detailing inside the grille, but the overall shape of the grille is nondescript - weak - roundish shape - something even Hyndai is moving away from in some of their vehicles.

The fog light area is very cheap - it needs the kind of detailing MKS got - not this random impression in the bumper a-la the new Accord. I always found those things cheapening to the cars overall image

Igor

I have to say that the overall shape is very attractive - HOWEVER - what bugs me is the ovoid grille and the surround of the fog lights. Recent Ford's have had very well defined grilles with "purposeful" shape and design - this has nice detailing inside the grille, but the overall shape of the grille is nondescript - weak - roundish shape - something even Hyndai is moving away from in some of their vehicles.

It does look a little less distinctive, but I'd rather have cohesive (something the current Taurus completely lacks) than bold for the sake of bold.

The fog light area is very cheap - it needs the kind of detailing MKS got - not this random impression in the bumper a-la the new Accord. I always found those things cheapening to the cars overall image

Igor

As I said above, it looks cohesive at least. The chunks of chrome around the foglights on the current Taurus look like cheap bling for bling's sake.

By the way, does anyone remember that clay model in the background of a press photo recently? I remember it looking somewhat like the MKS, but was it ever decided what it was? Could it have been this Taurus? That could give some decent confirmation.

Someone at Ford might think the car looks too bland. Fields would rather have a car look provocative than beautiful. Just compare the Fusion to the Mondeo.

Ford may have leaked a fuzzy picture just to see if our tears are from its beauty or discust.

Fields knows that the car does not just have to be beautiful but also generate a lot of positive talk by the press. Igor has to rave about it on his blog.

I think it probably IS an Azera redesign. If you look at the center badge, it coud just as easily be a Hyundai as it cold be a Ford. (Because the picture is so blurry it's hard to say.) It also seems to fit with Hyundai's styling pretty well:

hyundai_azera_lincoln_navigator_named_tops_in_owner_satisfaction.jpg

Looks more like a copy of a Falcon built on the Taurus. Much of the profile looks like a MKS. It is a very tall and wide vehicle. The Front looks like a Falcon. The door panels like an American Focus. Hood like a Mondeo, or Mazda. Headlights like a MKS. Front badge like a Ford.

Agreed.

No it's the 2010 MKS FWD based Taurus.

post-27751-1207665267_thumb.jpg

This is the 2012-2013 RWD Taurus or other car off he same platform.

I think the oval is clearly a FORD not Hyundai Kia or anything else - there is a hint of blue etc .... anyone else agree?

Igor

This picture looks 100% legit to me -- Taurus major. Probably taken by a cell phone as someone walked by pretending to be having a conversation, but had his/her button on the trigger. Hence the blurry photo.

Of course you can tell the D3 FWD origins by the front overhang typical of FWD cars. But most manufacturers try to disguise it as best they can with a sweeping bumper so your eye will not tend to focus on the outermost forward point of the bumper in relation to the wheel.

The overall proportions of the D3 platform make it somewhat difficult to make a truly sexy car. The seating position and the cowl height are rather high which is great for seating position and visibility. But if you try to smoosh the roof down or raise the belt line, then I think the car might start looking goofy. Even in a major freshening, the key hardpoints are very expensive to change and not likely. IMO I think it's better for Ford to go down the path they are evidently taking rather than having a car that that looks "sexy" but limits function in terms of headroom, rear seat ingress/egress, and visibility.

From my perspective, one of the biggest changes in this freshening is the roof line which is now typical J Mays retro Audi but looks to be much thinner/nicer in the photo.

As for the vehicle in the background, I don't have any idea. Typically the Taurus would be in the FWD studio, so that would indicate it would be a FWD model, but the Taurus could have been moved...

Yes, I was going to mention the slats in the grille as well. Definitely taking a cue from the F-150 platinum there with the mesh look on the upper and lower bar. Looks like a pretty effective blending of the 'Dave' look with the 'Kinetic' look as well.

F-150 has had it now, T-Stag has just transferred to Delhi and send me some spy photo's of TATA-150 it does not use any gasoline and is set to take the pick-up market in the US by storm, here is spy photo.

main.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds