mustang84isu

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHO Forum thread down, GMI thread down - I am affraid BOF will be next

right click and save people !!!

Igor

Your not going to hold Ford to ransom with your copy Igor?

If you cant wait till 2010 you can always get your Chinese fake Taurus now you get a free bridge with every one you buy, quality might not be all that.

Img68384.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Your not going to hold Ford to ransom with your copy Igor?

If you cant weight till 2010 you can always get your Chinese fake Taurus now you get a free bridge with every one you buy, quality might not be all that.

Img68384.jpg

that car should be pushed into the river thats behind it!

:hysterical:

that car should be pushed into the river thats behind it!

:hysterical:

LOL :hysterical:

That a bit unfair on the fish, RSPCA might have something to say about poisoning the fish with cheap Chinese tin. But the grill has got one extra bar than the Taurus it's quite tempting.

img_1288.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Overall, I really like it...however I do have a beef with the grill. the grill should be more like the Flex (the best example of the tri-bar in my opinion). The Fiesta (Verve concept) and this car's bars look so wimpy compared with other current Fords and, in my opinion, from the rest of this car. I do have two observations though.

1. Is it possible that the Taurus will have multiple grills, ala F-150? SEL with a Bolder tri-bar and the Limited with the version we see in this shot?

2. Wasn't the Taurus supposed to be designed under the Red White and Bold theme, and the 2011 Focus and 2012 Fusion supposed to be the debut of the "unified" world-wide look that J Mays was talking about last year?

Otherwise, great effort Ford, this car looks extremely classy, just the kind of image that the Taurus should exude ( The Fusion should look more youthful and sporty ).

And that about sums up my beef with this 2010 Taurus.

It is so nondescript that it already looks like the Chinese knockoffs.

the saving grace of the 2010 Taurus is its SCULPTING - the Chinese car, the Azera, they all have this flat - nondescript front - the Taurus has it all sculpted - sort of like a Volvo or Mazda3 (hatch) - it will stand out a little more in person.

I am a little disappointed with the design - I think the grille is too weak, but the overall shape will do well - very well - it is attractive enough to be noticed, yet it will not offend anyone.

Igor

And that about sums up my beef with this 2010 Taurus.

It is so nondescript that it already looks like the Chinese knockoffs.

Not such a bad thing in my opinion. Sure, it's a bit more anonymous, but when it comes to Ford's image over the past decade, I don't think that's really a bad thing. The 'Dave' look was definitely in-your-face, but I don't think it was in-your-face in a necessarily good way.

The application on the Fusion was good, as they carried the look into the lower fascia to give it a completed look, which they seemed to completely forget in every other application, which was actually a 5-bar grille, not a 3-bar. The Edge was done pretty well too. On the current Taurus and Focus though, the grille looks like an afterthought.

the saving grace of the 2010 Taurus is its SCULPTING - the Chinese car, the Azera, they all have this flat - nondescript front - the Taurus has it all sculpted - sort of like a Volvo or Mazda3 (hatch) - it will stand out a little more in person.

I am a little disappointed with the design - I think the grille is too weak, but the overall shape will do well - very well - it is attractive enough to be noticed, yet it will not offend anyone.

Igor

Right. As with the Mondeo, the details are quite nice. However, it is bland. It is sculpted blandness. If it is inoffensive, it is not destined to impress either.

In dark colors it will look better, however I am quite disappointed by the decision to just toss the "red white and bold"/"Dave" styling language in order to produce a vehicle that looks like it could be sold anywhere. It is a rootless placeless nondescript sort of elegance.

It is a person with excellent diction, but nothing to say.

I don't think it was in-your-face in a necessarily good way.

It was a differentiator. And man do I just LOVE referring to a solid 'differentiator' in past tense. People buy the Fusion, Edge, and will buy the Flex because of its style.

With this thing, I can hardly imagine "bold looks" being a reason cited by purchasers.

The grille is lacking, considering people are liking the much bolder look...hopefully that could be tweaked before it debuts... The grille reminds me of some Fairmont Falcon from down under, kinda trim...I like the bold chrome bars we currently have.

It was a differentiator. And man do I just LOVE referring to a solid 'differentiator' in past tense. People buy the Fusion, Edge, and will buy the Flex because of its style.

With this thing, I can hardly imagine "bold looks" being a reason cited by purchasers.

I couldn't see "bold looks" being a reason cited either. But I could see "attractive" being cited.

"Bold looks" or more accurately, "Ugly looks" is probably one of the reasons being cited for people NOT buying the current Taurus. Remember, Bold doesn't equal Attractive.

I couldn't see "bold looks" being a reason cited either. But I could see "attractive" being cited.

"Bold looks" or more accurately, "Ugly looks" is probably one of the reasons being cited for people NOT buying the current Taurus. Remember, Bold doesn't equal Attractive.

I'm not a big fan of the Taurus' face lift, but the look on the Edge and Flex is not something, IMO, to walk away from, once it's been established. The issue with "Dave" on the Taurus, is that the Taurus wasn't initially designed with "Dave" in mind. The Flex and Edge were and one is, while the other will be, flagship representations of what Ford stands for.

There is certainly NO practical reason why Ford should've dismissed what they accomplished with the Edge/Flex when completely reskinning the Taurus.

The reason, instead, was a desire to create the kind of well tailored blandness that seems to work for Ford in Europe, and which has failed miserably when attempted here.

I am not impressed, and doubt very much that I will be more impressed as I see more of this vehicle.

Frankly, I don't think this vehicle's looks will do much to move anyone on the fence. Those who may find it attractive, IMO, will find other products from other mfrs. to be MORE attractive.

At least with the Fusion, Edge, etc., buyers are buying something that doesn't look like anything else on the road. With this, well.... whatever happened to the 100 yard test? From 100 yards this is just going to look like Accordavalonlucernazera.

LOL :hysterical:

That a bit unfair on the fish, RSPCA might have something to say about poisoning the fish with cheap Chinese tin. But the grill has got one extra bar than the Taurus it's quite tempting.

Those fish will be OK. The Mekong Catfish will swallow one of those cars whole.

catfish1.jpg