2010 Buick LaCross/Invicta

BORG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well of course there are similarities.

The Aura, Malibu, and this new Invicta all share the same front door, just surfaced differently.

In case you're wondering what the other half looks like, here's an old teaser for it:

Buick_Invicta_Beijing_Teaser.jpg

Any similarities between the 3 cars are due to the shared hardpoints.

Edited by pcsario

This is a good example of differentiation by metrics but not design. Almost all of the vehicle is different technically, but it still looks like a derivative of the same design. Mercury and Lincoln have made much more of a design statement by doing far less.

This is a good example of differentiation by metrics but not design. Almost all of the vehicle is different technically, but it still looks like a derivative of the same design. Mercury and Lincoln have made much more of a design statement by doing far less.

Yeah, those chrome grills and wheels really differentiate them from the Ford models they are based on:)

Going forward you will see a LOT more differentiation. Look at the MKS vs '10 Taurus and MKT vs Flex to see where they are headed.

I think it's just tooooooooooo early to make a statement on the MKT. Their seems to be too much to that concept, that just doesn't seem feasible for production. Windshield/roof, dash/center stack, 4 lazy-boy chairs. But I agree with you on the front and rear ends.

I think it's just tooooooooooo early to make a statement on the MKT. Their seems to be too much to that concept, that just doesn't seem feasible for production. Windshield/roof, dash/center stack, 4 lazy-boy chairs. But I agree with you on the front and rear ends.

The MKT will not have the boxy look of the Flex, that's a given. So I don't think it's too early to make a statement that it will look much different than the Ford version.

You mean the Lincoln Forenza?

2009_Lincoln_MKS_028_Auto-Talk_net_.jpg

yeah, no contest. I know which car is more desirable based on the execution alone:

inv3.jpg

inv4.jpg

Makes the MKS look instantly dated from the a-pillar back.

And just like I said, it doesn't look like the Malibu. At all.

Nope, just like the Enclave and Camaro, the production car will be almost the same as the concept:

1.jpg

w_2010_lacrosse_dc_priddy3.jpg

7087.jpg

Opel sucks ever since Martin Smith left. The last vehicle under his direction was the Antara/Vue.

Edited by pcsario