2009 Fusion Order Guide

ice-capades

No more manual trans for the SEL. I don't see the logic in that.

Ford has the mistaken perception that all stick drivers are cheapskates. I guess it never occured to them that the Fusion is the only sporty vehicle in their lineup besides the Focus on the Mustang, both of which have compromises in terms of interior space (Mustang) or power (Focus). Then again, the Fusion 4 banger isnt super powerful either. I guess it doesn't surprise me too much though. Ford has pretty much abandoned the enthusiast :(.

Ford has the mistaken perception that all stick drivers are cheapskates. I guess it never occured to them that the Fusion is the only sporty vehicle in their lineup besides the Focus on the Mustang, both of which have compromises in terms of interior space (Mustang) or power (Focus). Then again, the Fusion 4 banger isnt super powerful either. I guess it doesn't surprise me too much though. Ford has pretty much abandoned the enthusiast :(.

Did it ever occur to you that Ford KNOWS how many manual SELs it sold last year and chances are the majority of sales were S and SE models?

Looks like the Fusion is getting the same appearance package as the milan! What color is the new sport blue it comes with? Any idea when the 2009 milan ordering guide will be out?

The 2009 Mercury Milan Order Guide should have been released at the same time as the 2009 Fusion Order Guide. We'll need someone with Lincoln-Mercury access to provide the 2009 Milan Order Guide.

• 3 weeks later...
The order guide indicates that the 2009 I-4 comes with a 5 speed, while one news source says that the "2009" I-4 will come with a 6 speed. I assume the news source really means that the "2010" model being introduced late in '08 will have the changes.

http://jalopnik.com/5006451/2009-ford-fusi...-boost-in-power

Aaron

Yeah, it has been hard enough to find an 4 cyl with a stick that's not an "S". Guess I will wait to get a Fiesta

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know why you cannot order an SEL V6 with leather seats AND the NAV unit?!

I tried to do so at a dealer and was told no. Also, the order guide says NAV is only available with leather seats (Y code) or with the Blue Suede option. The codes for leather seats in an SAP equipped Fusion do not contain the letter "Y".

This seems utterly absurd to me! :banghead:

Does anybody know why you cannot order an SEL V6 with leather seats AND the NAV unit?!

I tried to do so at a dealer and was told no. Also, the order guide says NAV is only available with leather seats (Y code) or with the Blue Suede option. The codes for leather seats in an SAP equipped Fusion do not contain the letter "Y".

This seems utterly absurd to me! :banghead:

You most certainly can order a 2009 Fusion with Leather, Navigation and the Sport Appearance Package. I've attached a copy of the CONCEPS screen to show you a priced order as an example with "KW" leather trim. The CONCEPS program that Dealers use to place orders will not display vehicle pricing for an order unless it is a "Clean/Buildable" order. CONCEPS generates error notices when necessary to help the user create clean, buildable orders.

Hope this helps!

2009_Fusion_SEL_Leather_NAV_SAP.pdf

You most certainly can order a 2009 Fusion with Leather, Navigation and the Sport Appearance Package. I've attached a copy of the CONCEPS screen to show you a priced order as an example with "KW" leather trim. The CONCEPS program that Dealers use to place orders will not display vehicle pricing for an order unless it is a "Clean/Buildable" order. CONCEPS generates error notices when necessary to help the user create clean, buildable orders.

Hope this helps!

I guess I don't really understand why when I was at the dealer a month ago (one of the largest in NJ) they tried to put pretty much the same order in and said the program would not let them. Then they showed me why in the order guide, where the leather codes were different for the SAP then the codes needed to have NAV.

This really aggravates me as I walked away pissed off and as of today still am in limbo as to what to do. Originally I wanted to order a 2008 but after having a dealer sit on the order for a week was told I missed the cut-off for new orders. I was told the cut-off was 5/3 and I placed my order with the dealer on 5/5, and they did not tell me until 5/10.

I have an X-plan pin number and have gotten nothing but frustration from these dealers in NJ. The last dealer I went to I dealt with the sales manager after being referred to him by a co-worker and being told that he would deal with me straight. He even offered me the same incentives ($3500 cash rebates) toward a '09 that were in effect at the time for the '08's. So I drove an hour to this dealer in the pouring rain only to leave empty handed.

Is it possible that this was an issue with the program that has since been resolved? I got nowhere trying to get an answer directly from Ford on this issue either. :banghead:

Here is the long version of my frustrating saga: http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=111420.0

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps!

Well, on Ford's website you can finally use the "build and price your Ford" feature and guess what? If I try to build an SAP equipped V6 SEL FWD, it will not let me add Navigation!!

Very strange... I guess you found a workaround when you printed that example order. Doesn't matter, I like the Blue Suede Package version better now anyway!

Well, on Ford's website you can finally use the "build and price your Ford" feature and guess what? If I try to build an SAP equipped V6 SEL FWD, it will not let me add Navigation!!

Very strange... I guess you found a workaround when you printed that example order. Doesn't matter, I like the Blue Suede Package version better now anyway!

It seems to be another one of the glitches that Ford still hasn't realized and as such won't correct until sometime in the future. My first thought is to point it out as an example of the quality work being done in some departments working with reduced staff. Just look at how difficult it is to read and understand some of the information in the vehicle order guides this year.