My loser Five Hundred with the 3.0L Duratec

351cid

My daughter's birthday is today, so the wife and I drove to Jacksonville NC to be with her.

I stopped at a station and filled up when we left. We drove to NC and spent yesterday and today with her...we did some driving around, but not much. I stopped at the same station and filled up on the way home. We averaged 30.7 mpg. My calculations are manual, and if you want to figure them yourselves here are the numbers...515.8 on the odometer and 16.78 gallons of 87 octane regular. Most of the road speed was with the cruise set on 75.

We have about 45 miles of two lane. I happen to have the chance to pass another car, and did so without vibrating windows from the horrible 3.0L engine, and there was no need to panic as the 45 mph to 70 mph was in acceptable time.

Neither my wife, nor I feel any discomfort from traveling our 300 miles this afternoon, after doing the same yesterday morning. We had PLENTY of room for the goodies we took to my daughter and grand daughter.

This car is a fantastic road car, and I have to say I don't understand why it is as unloved as it is.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My daughter's birthday is today, so the wife and I drove to Jacksonville NC to be with her.

I stopped at a station and filled up when we left. We drove to NC and spent yesterday and today with her...we did some driving around, but not much. I stopped at the same station and filled up on the way home. We averaged 30.7 mpg. My calculations are manual, and if you want to figure them yourselves here are the numbers...515.8 on the odometer and 16.78 gallons of 87 octane regular. Most of the road speed was with the cruise set on 75.

We have about 45 miles of two lane. I happen to have the chance to pass another car, and did so without vibrating windows from the horrible 3.0L engine, and there was no need to panic as the 45 mph to 70 mph was in acceptable time.

Neither my wife, nor I feel any discomfort from traveling our 300 miles this afternoon, after doing the same yesterday morning. We had PLENTY of room for the goodies we took to my daughter and grand daughter.

This car is a fantastic road car, and I have to say I don't understand why it is as unloved as it is.

Your obviously lying. :hysterical: How could such a thing be true of an awful D3 car?

Your obviously lying. :hysterical: How could such a thing be true of an awful D3 car?

Only real complaint I have is the front end styling.

This car now has 59K miles and has yet to be in the shop for anything more than a recall for the gas tank strap.

did not expect that after reading the title.

good mpg for such a big car though

Neither was I, and I agree, great mileage for that size vehicle.

:hysterical:

Neither was I, and I agree, great mileage for that size vehicle.

:hysterical:

We live out in the country, so our "city" mpg is somewhat suspect. We have never gotten worse than 20 mpg with this car. My wife drives like there is an egg between her foot and throttle, so this obviously helps.

Seriously though does your opinion really matter. Just because you own and drive the car, doesn't mean that you know anything about it. As a 2008 Focus owner, even though I love my car and think Ford did an exceptional job with the car it doesn't mean anything because I actually own the car.

The opinions that really matter are the people who have never driven our cars and are convinced of how terrible they are due to their world class "internet" knowledge. I am sorry to be a dick, but from what I have learned here the opinion of real owners are irrelevant.

:P !

Seriously though does your opinion really matter. Just because you own and drive the car, doesn't mean that you know anything about it. As a 2008 Focus owner, even though I love my car and think Ford did an exceptional job with the car it doesn't mean anything because I actually own the car.

The opinions that really matter are the people who have never driven our cars and are convinced of how terrible they are due to their world class "internet" knowledge. I am sorry to be a dick, but from what I have learned here the opinion of real owners are irrelevant.

:P !

I already told you your car sucked, get over it. His car obviously sucks too. By being happy with the product he's proven it...... :shades:

Fuel economy was never the issue with the Fivehundred.

Oh, I see. And the more I see of your avatar, the more I want a Falcon....I think they look great.....sorry to change the subject.

Back on topic: the "loser" Five Hundred w/ the 3.0 Duratec.

Oh, I see. And the more I see of your avatar, the more I want a Falcon....I think they look great.....sorry to change the subject.

Back on topic: the "loser" Five Hundred w/ the 3.0 Duratec.

I drove one while in your countray a few years ago and I don't think

the little 3.0 Fivehundred is a looser at all.

A 6- speed auto would really help, also had they kept going with kinetic style,

it woulda looked like the current Mondeo.

Thanks for the comments on the Falcon, they look great in the flesh,

they made it too good for Dearborn to ignore, blew the socks off Kuzak last Friday.:)

(sorry about typos, too much rum in the drink...)

Edited by jpd80

I drove one while in your countray a few years ago and I don't think

the little 3.0 Fivehundred is a looser at all.

A 6- speed auto would really help, also had they kept going with kinetic style,

it woulda looked like the current Mondeo.:)

It has a 6 spd auto.

Edited by suv_guy_19