Ford Wants To Open New Plants & Coming Layoffs Stateside

salsakingcpa

I was a fan of Mr. Mulally, but it looks like he really wants to take his executive compensation, and run.

Ford is thinking about opening new plants (or making expansions) in Russia, China, India, Brazil, South Africa, Thailand, and the good old USA. Where is all the money going to come from: debt and more debt, but if recession deepens do you think Ford is going to be able to repay its debt? Unless, Ford already found a buyer for Volvo, it would be imprudent to expand so much and burn so much cash right now.

Mr. Mulally, instead of building new plants in Europe and the rest of the world, please build flex plants in the US, and export those goods to other countries, specially now that the US dollar has fallen so much!!! Of course, Ford and You are in a race against time, but it's too late to build new plants and expand as the world wide contraction has already begun. That's what Toyota is doing instead of laying off workers, Toyota is building SUV and exporting them to the middle east.

Good news for Ford stockholders, Ford has been having a flag formation (technical chart analysis), and next step (price wise) $9.50 a share.

Bad news for Louisville plant, as many as 2/3 of its employees are ready to be laid off? Massive cost cutting, and start hiring those employees at 1/2 the UAW rate. It already started with dock workers - Workers represented by Teamsters got kicked hard!!!

Dude, you are an idiot.

The worldwide contraction into the great black hole has begun.......

Jet pilots report the sky is falling......

Mass hysteria as salsadork spews his gospel of destruction upon the lesser beings of the world.......

Relax, all of this has been seen before and we are still here.

...Relax, all of this has been seen before and we are still here.

Relax is good! Actually I'm pretty relaxed; really don't give a rat arse to what happens to the Fords, they lost their Mojo back in the late eighties with those well made explorers and expeditions. Ford Motor is in the last gasp to bring in a nice looking climax to its fabled origins. Surely, die hard fans and good old Americans - idiots buy Fords, but those are fading slowly but surely.

Mulally and company already made a deal with the UAW gangs-nationals, and they will be getting their future executive salaries as executives of newly minted VEBA Inc. Do you know that veba means in Latin? Drink up!!! That's funny.

The workers are the ones who are going to end up with nothing, they don't even know that they have been sold for a song - one year buyout chop change. A glorious end to Ford - founder who wanted to pay good salary to his employees so that they can afford to buy FORDs.

Indeed, we will still be here...

The Chicken Littles on here don't realize that in order to have good times again you have to weather the bad times. The bad times set the table for the good times. No bad times, then no good times. No pain, no gain. Nothing goes up forever. To go up you have to go down first. Appreciate the good times and endure and be patient with the bad times. Don't panic and don't despair. After a bad storm, it will one day be sunny and calm again. And nothing lasts forever including our lives, so why worry about it.

Relax is good! Actually I'm pretty relaxed; really don't give a rat arse to what happens to the Fords, they lost their Mojo back in the late eighties with those well made explorers and expeditions. Ford Motor is in the last gasp to bring in a nice looking climax to its fabled origins. Surely, die hard fans and good old Americans - idiots buy Fords, but those are fading slowly but surely.

Mulally and company already made a deal with the UAW gangs-nationals, and they will be getting their future executive salaries as executives of newly minted VEBA Inc. Do you know that veba means in Latin? Drink up!!! That's funny.

The workers are the ones who are going to end up with nothing, they don't even know that they have been sold for a song - one year buyout chop change. A glorious end to Ford - founder who wanted to pay good salary to his employees so that they can afford to buy FORDs.

I don't think I ever wanted to hurt someone for their ethnicity! So quit injecting your race, and let me want to choke you solely for being stupid!

noose.jpg

Edited by Furious1Auto

If Ford wants to make money in emerging markets they have to have plants in those markets. Period.

Ford cannot compete in those markets with North American sourced (high content, high wage) product. Another problem is that "free trade" seems to be a North American thing not practiced by many others. Often there are severe restrictions on money (read profits) leaving a country. China is a great example - the only way a manufacturer can get their profits out of China is by shipping out product.

Nobody with a brain thinks Ford is going away. Only the trolls feel that way. I don't have any idea what you are talking about regarding poorly made Explorers. I know, I have owned 3 of them since they came out. All of them were excellent vehicles. All of them went north of 200k with no major problems. How many Explorers have you owned? None, that's what I thought so stuff it.

Grab a history book dude, you need one. Ford paid a good salary for many reasons. Attract good employees, retain good employees, increase productivity, and yes, buy a Ford. And why would they buy a Ford? Because Ford was making the vehicles that everyone could afford, while others were making high priced vehicles for the elite.

Being as ignorant as you are, I'm surprised you made it past puberty. Well, the sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while!

Edited by Mark8LSC CE0464

the fact is Salsaking is full of shit.

when questioned to explain his position he doesn't answer.

He has no credibility. He spouts off horseshit and never backs it up with an explaination or facts.

Oh and Salsashithead, Ford didn't make Expeditions in the 80s

Edited by J-150

And Explorer was 1991. :finger:

so to what is Salsashithead referring about late 80's Ford vehicles?

the 2.9 Ranger

the crappy 4 cyl fox Mustang

Windstar

Tempo

Festiva/Aspire

the 87 F150????

the Bronco 2?????

what the eff is this guy smoking?

... Well, the sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while!

That's what I mean, the sun shined on Ford's dog ass once in a while in the eighties, and instead of paying off its debt, it went on a takeover binge. Do you know how much Ford lost on Jaguar, Volvo, and Rovers? $20 billion DOLLARS. That's right. Yep, you said it, Ford has a brain, and that's why it's been such a loser. Most important of all, you are the losers of all for supporting Ford to do stuff with just a brain. Loser.

I don't think I ever wanted to hurt someone for their ethnicity! So quit injecting your race, and let me want to choke you solely for being stupid! noose.jpg

Nice looking rope stuff you got there, save some because stupid Ford employees will be looking plenty of them. Specially you, stupider!

If Ford wants to make money in emerging markets they have to have plants in those markets. Period.

Ford cannot compete in those markets with North American sourced (high content, high wage) product. Another problem is that "free trade" seems to be a North American thing not practiced by many others. Often there are severe restrictions on money (read profits) leaving a country. China is a great example - the only way a manufacturer can get their profits out of China is by shipping out product.

Russia, China, Eastern Europe, and Thailand are unstable markets. Both Russia and China were long US enemies, and they are still state enemies of the US. You never know when they are going to turn their backs agains the US. So it is very short sighted way of investing and throwing away your money when 3 to 5 years down the road, those countries nationalize US assets as it is happening in Venezuela, and it is in our back yards.

U.S. Says China Developing Space, Cyber Threats

Posted on: Wednesday, 21 May 2008, 15:20 CDT

U.S. military officials named China as a threat to the United States and other countries in space.Army Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Horne of the U.S. Strategic Command said China is developing counter-space capabilities, which could add to Beijing’s potential to curb access in the Taiwan Straits “and well beyond.”Chinese People’s Liberation Army writings imply that China could target and enemy’s spy satellites along with navigation “to blind and deafen,” Horne said.In early 2007, China showed off PLA’s counter-space capabilities by shooting down its own weather satellites. Horne said the unannounced destruction showed the PLA’s ability to attack satellites operating in low-Earth orbit.Horne didn’t give details about the implications for possible U.S. responses to any Chinese attack on Taiwan but said the United States must "proactively protect our space capabilities."The Pentagon's top three contractors by sales Lockheed Martin Corp, Boeing Co and Northrop Grumman Corp would be among the most likely to enter this market.Another Strategic Command officer, Col. Gary McAlum said cyber attacks could be the most significant 21st century threat and China was already developing its capabilities.

The Chicken Littles on here don't realize that in order to have good times again you have to weather the bad times.... After a bad storm, it will one day be sunny and calm again. And nothing lasts forever including our lives, so why worry about it.

Indeed, agree with you 100% except the portion about don't panic and don't despair. I DO NOT, and I never worry. This forum is about posting, so I am just posting for posting sake. Of course these chicken littles are first graders who do not grasp anything yet, and will never grasp anything in the future either.

I Knew that this market was going to collapse in late eighties, this recession is going to be a prolonged one; actually we are at the beginning of a stagflation - inflation and low economic growth. There are way too many players, and way too many players are going to get in to the automobile scene. It all comes down to supply and demand, way too much supply and a large decrease in demand. Why do you want to go into this kind of business? I wouldn't.

However, Ford great grand children had no idea of what was going on and that's why we' re all converged here.

Ford was never a product company except with its lucky Mustangs which Iacocca came up with a Chrysler guy. Ford Motor was a PROCESS company meaning it revolutionized the way to make mass produced automobiles, and it should have put more attention to it, and further develop its JIT process (back then it was called hand to mouth, developed by Ford and Chevrolet). However, it got side tracked who wouldn't, but the end is near, but you don't know it until it's over.

Edited by salsakingcpa

he fact is Salsaking is full of shit.when questioned to explain his position he doesn't answer.He has no credibility. He spouts off horseshit and never backs it up with an explaination or facts.Oh and Salsashithead, Ford didn't make Expeditions in the 80s

To J-150 loser, this thread is about something other than explorers and expeditions, there is a place for everything, so why don't you take it back to the thread it really belongs, and I will respond accordingly.

People with really low self esteem come up with stuff like this. Instead of discussing topics on hand, he/she/it brings topic from some other part.

Edited by salsakingcpa

From Wiki:

First generation (1991-1994)

The Ford Explorer was released in March 1990 as a 1991 model. It was equipped with a 4.0 L 155 hp (116 kW) V6 engine and 4-speed A4LD automatic transmission or 5-speed M5OD manual transmission. Like the Ford Bronco II it replaced, it was an SUV derivative of the Ford Ranger Pickup, but larger. Following the Chevrolet S-10 Blazer, it came in both 2-door and 4-door bodystyles. It was available with rear or four-wheel drive. The four-wheel drive versions came with a Borg Warner 1354 transfer case.

It was released in March 90, but it was being developed in late eighties; why don't you get your shit together, before the Japanese do it for you.

so you confirmed the start of the Explorer. We've already discussed that in this thread.

Now why don't you back up your claim that late 80's Ford product was/is superior to what they have now

so you confirmed the start of the Explorer. We've already discussed that in this thread.Now why don't you back up your claim that late 80's Ford product was/is superior to what they have now

Elevator boy,j-150, boy who doesn't have any originality and personality and any self esteem why don't you boy get a life; everyone here knows that you are the real loser for badgering me. Yea, you think all these people are your pals, but sooner or later, they will figure out that you are a real loser, and of course, you do it too, but that's why you badger other people because you want to cover your stupidity. Which is cool with me, more losers and stupid people like you make making a living easier.

By Lack of originality what I mean is taking my login name and inserting phrases that I never wrote. That kind of stupidest stuff I have only seen here, and hopefully Detroit is not full of people like you, and if so, no wonder, that explains everything about US automotive industry - lack of genuine stuff, originality, and lack of professionalism and work ethics.

I rest my case.

Chao.

Edited by salsakingcpa

Elevator boy,j-150, boy who doesn't have any originality and personality and any self esteem why don't you boy get a life; everyone here knows that you are the real loser for badgering me. Yea, you think all these people are your pals, but sooner or later, they will figure out that you are a real loser, and of course, you do it too, but that's why you badger other people because you want to cover your stupidity. Which is cool with me, more losers and stupid people like you make making a living easier.

By Lack of originality what I mean is taking my login name and inserting phrases that I never wrote. That kind of stupidest stuff I have only seen here, and hopefully Detroit is not full of people like you, and if so, no wonder, that explains everything about US automotive industry - lack of genuine stuff, originality, and lack of professionalism and work ethics.

I rest my case.

Chao.

so you're not going to back up your statements?

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT!!!!

TROLL TROLL TROLL

Indeed, agree with you 100% except the portion about don't panic and don't despair. I DO NOT, and I never worry. This forum is about posting, so I am just posting for posting sake. Of course these chicken littles are first graders who do not grasp anything yet, and will never grasp anything in the future either.

I Knew that this market was going to collapse in late eighties, this recession is going to be a prolonged one; actually we are at the beginning of a stagflation - inflation and low economic growth. There are way too many players, and way too many players are going to get in to the automobile scene. It all comes down to supply and demand, way too much supply and a large decrease in demand. Why do you want to go into this kind of business? I wouldn't.

However, Ford great grand children had no idea of what was going on and that's why we' re all converged here.

Ford was never a product company except with its lucky Mustangs which Iacocca came up with a Chrysler guy. Ford Motor was a PROCESS company meaning it revolutionized the way to make mass produced automobiles, and it should have put more attention to it, and further develop its JIT process (back then it was called hand to mouth, developed by Ford and Chevrolet). However, it got side tracked who wouldn't, but the end is near, but you don't know it until it's over.

Iaococca was with Ford BEFORE he went to Chrysler. Holy crap your full of shit! Get your facts straight!

Outside the Ford North America, all the other Ford Regions actually make profits.

I have no problem with profitable divisions increasing capacity and strengthening their market share.

It's only natural that you build more plants in expanding markets and close down unprofitable ones.

Edited by jpd80

Outside the Ford North America, all the other Ford Regions actually make profits.

I have no problem with profitable divisions increasing capacity and strengthening their market share.

It's only natural that you build more plants in expanding markets and close down unprofitable ones.

agreed

local market production helps offset fluctuation in currency valuations