C&D Review of the Flex

Here I am trying to save Ford money...money they don't have to waste on building ANOTHER BRAND NEW station wagon...and I get shit for it.

Newsflash for you P.. you complain about Ford, because you feel you paid $700 when you shouldn't have on a used CV..

Newsflash for you P... Ford isn't listening to you....

Newsflash for you P... no one else on here does either....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have typed it so many times (only for the :cheerleader: to not be able to comprehend), it is pointless. YOU know why it is useless...

Here I am trying to save Ford money...money they don't have to waste on building ANOTHER BRAND NEW station wagon...and I get shit for it.

save Ford money by pouring money into something that didn't/ will not sell regardless, rather than bringing a potential segment buster to market that will outsell its bretheren at least 5 to one and create worthwhile PR buzz to boot....hmmmm....P, just back off and pull a 'I told you so" 12 months from now"...your blatant Flex hatred is nulling absolutely ANY common sense whatsoever....sure Fords rolling the dice...better that than remaining complacent and wondering why they didn't adress the problem earlier whilst retailing a car of which we moved all of 5 in 12 months ( barring fleet...drug companies LOVED em )

Edited by Deanh

because you feel you paid $700 when you shouldn't have on a used CV..

Shouldn't have??

:hysterical: I would love to hear your warped reasoning as to why Ford should disobey a judge's order and not have to pay me.

:hysterical:

save Ford money by pouring money into something that didn't/ will not sell regardless,

So your saying that advertising a new product is wasting money?

Shouldn't have??

:hysterical: I would love to hear your warped reasoning as to why Ford should disobey a judge's order and not have to pay me.

That isn't true... Your the only one here that keeps saying it, but that amount of money wouldn't even have Ford fighting it.. So keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true. And if you want to back up your claim, you should post proof of your claim. Until then, it's just another Interweb rumor.

I know a simple solution that you didn't even try,, all you had to do, was file a BBB claim. And IF what you said was true. Ford would have paid you for everything... And IF you had a lawyer, you could still file that BBB claim and Ford would have had to pay for your lawyers also... I'm very familiar with how that works.

Yes it is, if no one is going to buy it anyway! And the Taurus X wasn't really new anyway. The "reviews" were mostly quick takes/revisions of the Five Hundred.

And people do want something new and different. Obviously the old 500/Taurus isn't quite it. It's reliable and good in so many ways, but dull to many. That's where the Flex comes in.....bolder, trendy, a new segment, even if based on existing hardware. But so was the Mustang as it was based off the very conventional Falcon.

It's about image, execution and hitting the right mark at the right time. And the Flex is impressive where the Taurus X isn't. I just wish it was smaller and lighter.

The Flex could be the new Mustang in terms of success.........or the Edsel, but probably some where in between. Ford's goals aren't that lofty!

I would love to hear your warped reasoning as to why Ford should disobey a judge's order and not have to pay me.

Sweetie you seem to be hysterical!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: !!!!

But really.....if a judge ruled in your favor and Ford didn't pay...........get a lawyer! It's a free case for them.

Shouldn't have??

boy you twisted that one....NO, why pour advertising revenus into something that is BEYOND help....everybody but you seems to have come to grips with that synopsis....thay have a more APPEALING product in the Flex, regardless of your opinion...the X/ Freestyle has had 3 years to prove itself, advertisng would not have helped enough...the buying public has spoken...it was a good product for a non existant market....truley, we all looked at one another shrugged our shoulder and asked "why?".....didnt help it had ZERO character.....a trait the public steers ( obviously given sales #'s ) away from....

Sweetie you seem to be hysterical!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: !!!!

But really.....if a judge ruled in your favor and Ford didn't pay...........get a lawyer! It's a free case for them.

www.fordmanifoldsettlement.com

They did rule in my favor.

boy you twisted that one....NO, why pour advertising revenus into something that is BEYOND help....

How can you say that that the T-X was 'beyond help'? It hasn't even been on the market for a YEAR. All of the complaints of the Freestyle were fixed with the Taurus X. It is a well reviewed vehicle. The people that own them LOVE them.

You have ZERO proof that that the T-X was beyond help. That has to be the stupidest statement I have ever heard.

Improved to what though? They are both well in line with any other 7-passenger vehicles on the market.

Just because they are in line with the market doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. Every vehicle class needs improvement in the mpg dept.

No, simple math (or rather common sense), would tell you that it is CHEAPER to try advertising the T-X rather than designing a whole new...box. The Taurus was a sales bomb, yes...but it had nothing to do with the vehicle. Ford failed the the Taurus X. It doesn't sell because of the banana eating, knuckle dragging apes that run FNA.

Partial agree. Never saw any advertisement for the Freestyle/Taurus X or the 500/Taurus. Had they advertised a little more in the Rocky Mountain states, I'm sure there would have been more interest. How much I can't say, but I'm sure there would have/be more on the road.

My brother just trade in his '01 Ranger for a Taurus X. Even though he misses his truck, he loves the T-X. He had never even heard of the car prior to going to trade in his truck, and he's usually up on vehicles. Had to upgrade with the birth of his 2nd child.

Edited by V8-X

Just because they are in line with the market doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. Every vehicle class needs improvement in the mpg dept.

Hence Ecoboost in another 12-18 months and probably a hybrid not long thereafter.

"Bububububu next year...." :blah:

How can you say that that the T-X was 'beyond help'? It hasn't even been on the market for a YEAR. All of the complaints of the Freestyle were fixed with the Taurus X. It is a well reviewed vehicle. The people that own them LOVE them.

You have ZERO proof that that the T-X was beyond help. That has to be the stupidest statement I have ever heard.

Did you file your claim as required by the terms of the settlement? It seems pretty straight forward:

If you paid to replace the intake manifold on your Class Vehicle, have the original receipt or a copy of it, and your manifold replacement occured within seven years of the initial sale of your vehicle:

Under the terms of the Settlement, you have 90 days from December 16, 2005 to request reimbursement. If you paid to replace the intake manifold on your Class Vehicle, to obtain reimbursement, you must bring an original receipt for the repair or a photocopy or duplicate thereof to a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury dealer. You must bring your receipt to the dealer no later than March 16, 2006. Requests for reimbursement submitted after March 16, 2006 will not be accepted.

If you paid to replace your intake manifold, but you do not have your original receipt and your vehicle was initially sold less than seven years ago:

If you paid to replace your intake manifold, but you do not have your original receipt and your vehicle was sold less than seven years ago, you may take your vehicle to a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury dealer for inspection. You must bring the Notice of Proposed Settlement to the dealer no later than March 16, 2006, signed under the penalty of perjury, stating that you paid to replace an intake manifold that had cracked at the coolant crossover passage, resulting in a coolant leak. The dealer will also inspect your vehicle to confirm that the original manifold was replaced. In that event, you will be entitled to receive reimbursement of a pre-set amount for the estimated costs of replacing your manifold.

If you do not have the Notice of Proposed Settlement, you can download a copy from this website. [Click Here]

If you didn't comply with the settlement terms then you lose. If you're not covered by the settlement then you have to go forward on your own. Again it's pretty simple.

liken it to the 500 refresh...there is NO helping some vehicles...styling, styling styling, why do you think there is a TOTALLY new Taurus coming, Ford realized the 500/ current Taurus paralled the X ( FAILURE ) so they went back to the drawing boards...honestly P, what is so damn hard to fathom here...why the constant argumentitive BS...it is what it is, why so hard to comprehnd Ford repalcing TWO losers with potential winners?

Partial agree. Never saw any advertisement for the Freestyle/Taurus X or the 500/Taurus. Had they advertised a little more in the Rocky Mountain states, I'm sure there would have been more interest. How much I can't say, but I'm sure there would have/be more on the road.

My brother just trade in his '01 Ranger for a Taurus X. Even though he misses his truck, he loves the T-X. He had never even heard of the car prior to going to trade in his truck, and he's usually up on vehicles. Had to upgrade with the birth of his 2nd child.

Ford did advertise the Freestyle...it was the very controversial ad making light of divorced dads who only see their families on the weekend. Ford thought it was a good idea to have an ad like that...retard.gif

Hence Ecoboost in another 12-18 months and probably a hybrid not long thereafter.

"Bububububu next year...." :blah:

Ego Boost is NOT going to help MPGs. It will allow for more power, but still get a very average 17/24...if people keep off of the boost. Once the turbos kick in...there goes the MPGs.

Did you file your claim as required by the terms of the settlement?

Yep...I did everything I was supposed to do. And my case is not unique. Ford thought it was ok to screw a LOT of 2001 owners of Mustang and Panther owners.

Ego Boost is NOT going to help MPGs. It will allow for more power, but still get a very average 17/24...if people keep off of the boost. Once the turbos kick in...there goes the MPGs.

Hence my mentioning of hybrid in addition to EcoBoost. Lineup after a couple years will likely be 3.5 V6/3.5 Ecoboost/V6 hybrid.

It's a concept on the explorer, but the man states the 20% improvement in mileage and the faster payoff, than any hybrid. It's Turbo P.. their always spooling.

CNet Eco-Boost Video

AutoBlog Jan. 6 review of Eco-boost

20% improvement in Mileage is nothing to sneeze about, that's 4 more if it WAS getting 20 before.. up to 24 after E.B.

Once yet again...

The EB engines are supposed to make comparable power with... but get better MPG than... larger engines. NOT the same size naturally-aspirated engine.

Geez... :beatdeadhorse:

The only hold I can see the Flex filling is the, "Hello, I am Ford. All I have to design a completely useless vehicle is a T-square and a Gillette razor".

LMAO! :hysterical:

When looking at the big picture, the Flex is a completely useless vehicle...especially when Ford introduced a seven-seat station wagon this model year.

I do not share your appreciation of the Taurus X, but this Flex does seem redundant to say the least.

I also don't get the "wow" in regards to the styling, it still looks like a lowered Range Rover with a mini-Cooper paint scheme.

LMAO! :hysterical:

I do not share your appreciation of the Taurus X, but this Flex does seem redundant to say the least.

I also don't get the "wow" in regards to the styling, it still looks like a lowered Range Rover with a mini-Cooper paint scheme.

Well, considering the TX will be dropped for 2010, it won't really be redundant.

And didn't you say the second part of your last statement in another thread?

Funny you said that....I was standing next to a Range Rover the other day and I thought the same thing. Sounds like it's well positioned!

But will it sell in Frankfurt?

See, this thing is exactly my beef with the "Lets sell the same cars everywhere" mentality. And with the "let's ditch the NA language before it delivers anything of substance."

with a Diesel it could do ok.

Richard it does work both ways.

Ford did advertise the Freestyle...it was the very controversial ad making light of divorced dads who only see their families on the weekend. Ford thought it was a good idea to have an ad like that...retard.gif

Wow, I think I saw that commercial once, plus that was for the Freestyle, not the T-X. Which we all know is the same car, just with slight changes. Either way the car is nice and I think is much more appealing than say a Subaru, just need a little more spotlight than what it received.