SVT F-150 (Lightning?) coming this fall

RangerM

umm .. Raptor?

Igor

Didn't read the article, eh?

While participating in the Ford Racing Invitational media drag racing event this weekend, SVT declined to get any more specific than "a new SVT truck is coming" and "later this fall." When pressed, he did acknowledge that it's based on the big truck platform and that is was unrelated to the so-called Raptor truck.

Update: After hearing from someone at Ford and talking to Mike Levine from PickupTrucks.com this new truck will almost certainly not be called a Lightning. In fact according to Mike, this new truck is likely to be the new Harley-Davidson F-150.

Horrible timing if true, but I guess a new H-D was needed anyway.

Horrible timing if true, but I guess a new H-D was needed anyway.

something tells me that if there is an F150 trim that will keep selling - it is HD trim - those people have so much money - FE and economy concerns e damned.

Igor

Update: After hearing from someone at Ford and talking to Mike Levine from PickupTrucks.com this new truck will almost certainly not be called a Lightning. In fact according to Mike, this new truck is likely to be the new Harley-Davidson F-150.

Lame.

Lame.

Why is that lame? I'd much rather have an HD than a Lightning.

Maybe he's saying it's lame because he was expecting a new SVT branded truck, and if it's a Harley, it likely won't be branded an SVT. Just a guess though.

Who's to say there's not going to be two special F-150 models? One SVT, one HD, just like the last gen SVT truck. Although with gas prices...blah. Goodbye cool shit, hello CAFE.

right on time there are "spy" pics of the HD.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-f-150-harley-davidson.html

The article mentions something along the lines of the truck got away before they could tell other differences besides the wheels, which look good BTW. One other thing I notice is in the taillights the chrome appears to have been blacked out, and it too looks good.

Edited by rmc523

What will probably happen is Ford will show us this kick ass concept with a smokin body and actual power under the hood...and get rid of all of the power, and just release a lame body kit. Just like the Adrenaline. Kick ass concept...lame execution. Typical Ford.

for once i totally agree with you P.

i got to clean a black adrenaline the other day. after seeing the concept i was really excited about it. but when i got up close it was like WTF? :headscratch:

What will probably happen is Ford will show us this kick ass concept with a smokin body and actual power under the hood...and get rid of all of the power, and just release a lame body kit. Just like the Adrenaline. Kick ass concept...lame execution. Typical Ford.

Ah yes. Prior to the Don't-Show-A-Concept-Unless-You-Plan-To-Build-It days of Alan Mulally. He hated that practice as much as you and I. Hopefully we've seen the end of it.

Ah yes. Prior to the Don't-Show-A-Concept-Unless-You-Plan-To-Build-It days of Alan Mulally. He hated that practice as much as you and I. Hopefully we've seen the end of it.

You do bring up a good point about Mulally. I too hope we've seen the end of the 'show a concept and do nothing (or half of it) with it' days.

Looks great. Love the rims and blacked out tail lamps instead of the chrome look.

Now if they do make it an HD rather than SVT, will it only be available in Scab & Screw models, or will they make an Rcab model?

Will be a hot items for those that can afford the sticker price (shock) and gas to fill her.

at the BFT round-up, we saw all but the Harley Davidson. They say that the interior will knock your socks off, and that with their new techniques, you can expect several textures and looks of materials in the same panel.

now, talking to the head of engineering, in charge of the F-150, 2 things came up, one..the v-6 Ecoboost, in and F-150 drives like a rocket. He also admitted(when pressed about SVT Raptor, by yours truly), that due to the current market they have adjusted their possibilities for upcoming vehicles(I took it as a NO to the Raptor), but that Ford will continuosly provide an SVT Mustang...and an SVT F-150!