Car will sell very well to people who got B’s or better in math

mlhm5

It should be no suprise to anyone that has paid attention over the years that Honda can out-engineer anyone including Mercedes. Remember CVCC? VTEC? This 4 cyl 2.2L is a non urea, 50 state diesel that will be on the USA market in 2009.

"...returned a remarkable 53 miles a gallon on the highway, 34 in the cityand 44 in combined driving. Those miles included a bumper-to-bumpercrawl through Manhattan, the worst possible conditions for fuelefficiency."

A gas TSX gets 20/32, 24.8 combined. So is it worth paying 25% more for fuel to get a 70% boost city, 65% hwy?? Even if the diesel got 30/48, you’d be talking 50%/50% gain for only 25% price increase. Combined, if only 40mpg for diesel, would be a 60% gain.

I thought you died...................

Honda builds crap, they are one of the best at building crap. They wake up in the morning wondering how they are going to make more crap later that day. The honda engineers have crap on their mind, which makes them think of you and how to build a better crapmobile just for you......................

The American public does not like diesel cars.

Get over it!

It should be no suprise to anyone that has paid attention over the years that Honda can out-engineer anyone including Mercedes. Remember CVCC? VTEC? This 4 cyl 2.2L is a non urea, 50 state diesel that will be on the USA market in 2009.

"...returned a remarkable 53 miles a gallon on the highway, 34 in the cityand 44 in combined driving. Those miles included a bumper-to-bumpercrawl through Manhattan, the worst possibleconditions for fuelefficiency."

A gas TSX gets 20/32, 24.8 combined. So is it worth paying 25% more for fuel to get a 70% boost city, 65% hwy?? Even if the diesel got 30/48, you’d be talking 50%/50% gain for only 25% price increase. Combined, if only 40mpg for diesel, would be a 60% gain.

As with all diesel and hybrid arguements, the customer has to outlay significant cash before any fuel savings are realised. If a person updates their car lease every two to three years, it's just not worth the outlay.

The Emissions treatment is the same as store and treat used by VW. The engine stores NOX on the cat convertor and periodically, the engine goes rich to create Ammonia which turns the NOX into Nitrogen.

It's the cost of converters and other emission gear that makes diesels less favourable in the USA.

To be profitable diesels must be linked to expensive models - you can't do it as a $16,000 Focus.

Edited by jpd80

The only thing Ford should be fearing from Honda is the new electric motor that James Dyson the Hoover manufacturer is producing with them to make the world first electric car that will be clever enough to charge it's self up with the aid of solar panels and Dyson's super electric motors will be 5 faster than an F1 Ferrari and you could drive it for hundreds of miles, it will mean that you should never need to plug the the car in again into the mains again, and the problems of long distant travel in a electric car due to run down batteries will be a thing of the past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...reds-miles.html

It won't hit the road for another seven years but when it does both gasoline and diesel cars will become a thing of the past and so will Arab oil.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/g...ars-852023.html

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

The only thing Ford should be fearing from Honda is the new electric motor that James Dyson the Hoover manufacturer is producing with them to make the world first electric car that will be clever enough to charge it's self up with the aid of solar panels and Dyson's super electric motors will be 5 faster than an F1 Ferrari and you could drive it for hundreds of miles, it will mean that you should never need to plug the the car in again into the mains again, and the problems of long distant travel in a electric car due to run down batteries will be a thing of the past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...reds-miles.html

It won't hit the road for another seven years but when it does both gasoline and diesel cars will become a thing of the past and so will Arab oil.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/g...ars-852023.html

He is not the only company working on similar projects which should make the car market quite interesting.

....and then those of us who did well enough in school to get good jobs really don't give a shit about gas prices. Hell, I can't wait to get my Cobra back from the shop to cruise around in it MORE often and take advantage of all the new goodies getting installed. :shift:

If I did pay-per-posting for a living, I'd be concerned about gas prices too.

....and then those of us who did well enough in school to get good jobs really don't give a shit about gas prices. Hell, I can't wait to get my Cobra back from the shop to cruise around in it MORE often and take advantage of all the new goodies getting installed. :shift:

:hysterical:

Unless Ford is canceling their much needed 6.2, then you're worried about gas prices.

How much does Ford pay you per post?

See, what I don't understand is mlhm's subtle editorial slam against people who wouldn't choose a Honda in the topic title ("Car will sell very well to people who got B’s or better in math"). Where a person stands academically shouldn't describe what they will inherently buy, and to simplify a stereotype to this degree almost seems... dare I say it... uneducated.

mlhm shows again he may be just a wiseass highschooler. (See I can stereotype too).

Edited by Roadrunner

Unless Ford is canceling their much needed 6.2, then you're worried about gas prices.

How much does Ford pay you per post?

That didn't even make sense.

For the umpteenth time:

I don't work for Ford.

I have never worked for Ford.

I likely never will work for Ford.

I don't get paid on any level by Ford.

I don't get paid by anyone to post.

I don't work for any Ford supplier.

I have never worked for any Ford supplier.

I likely never will work for any Ford supplier.

I don't own any Ford stock.

I have never owned any Ford stock.

I likely never will own any Ford stock.

There is absolutely no vested interest in me defending Ford for anything other than me liking Ford vehicles. Don't really think it's too hard to comprehend that.

For the umpteenth time:

I don't work for Ford.

There is absolutely no vested interest in me defending Ford for anything other than me liking Ford vehicles. Don't really think it's too hard to comprehend that.

Wait a second.....so you're a Ford employee right? :hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by rmc523

For the umpteenth time:

I don't work for Ford.

Cheerleader.

I likely will own Ford stock.

I currently dont own Ford stock.

I previously have not owned Ford stock.

I do not work for Ford.

I have previously have not worked for Ford.

I most likely will not work for Ford

I currently DO work for a supplier to Ford.

We also supply almost every other OEM auto maker as well. (Honda, Toyota, Lamborghini, BMW, Daimler Benz, VW, etc... Exc Ferrari, they use PPG)

I dont get paid on any level by Ford.

My job security is in no way tied directly to Ford's happenings. If they fold tomorrow, I will still have a job and my way of life just fine.

My post count is evidence enough that I dont get paid to post. :D