2010 Fusion GT: 340hp EB V6

wescoent

Believe it was, at least from a design standpoint. It was probably some marketing dummy who decided to slap Shelby's name on it though.

As opposed to JC who gave us the amazing F-150 Lightning...would love to buy one of those to pull my Ford powered ski boat around. He also gave us the last gen Mustang Cobra...which was an awesome looking and sounding car. The SVT Focus that has a level of sophistication absent from the other pocket rockets at the time. Good thing JC left when SVT was "on top".

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Colletti was behind the entire GT500, from the vehicle to the name, you stupid fuck. By the way, that oh so sophisticated SVT Focus sold WONDERFULLY didn't it? SVT is more profitable than ever because of the GT500 being such a success. Do us a favor and go drive your piece of shit off a bridge.

Dam rmc523...8 posts in a row...gotta be a record! Cheers :beerchug:

Sorry about that, and no, I think I once had one page + all in a row, IIRC. I had been busy and hadn't been online and by the time I had time to read this topic it was already at page 10. I've tried to limit doing that though, as some have complained about it. To be honest I don't like doing it either.

Believe it was, at least from a design standpoint. It was probably some marketing dummy who decided to slap Shelby's name on it though.

Nope. 100% Coletti.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501907

And also post #19...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502285

Actually getting Shelby's name on the car was genius...as the GT500 couldn't even get pulled onto the dealer showroom as they were being bought off the truck...unlike Terminators that sat around for months.

Edited by atomaro

Nope. 100% Coletti.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501907

And also post #19...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502285

Actually getting Shelby's name on the car was genius...as the GT500 couldn't even get pulled onto the dealer showroom as they were being bought off the truck...unlike Terminators that sat around for months.

It sounds like that was Colletti's biggest contribution to the GT500.

Not when the car costs $50-$60K Hell for that money one could get a Corvette...and that is a MUCH better car. Maybe if the GT500 started at $35K or $40K, then I could understand it's mediocrity...but at the prices Ford assumes it is worth, it just is not worth it.

The 2008 GT500 MSRP starts at $42,330 and dealer invoice is $38,244, so I will be expecting a retraction at any point.

I also do not consider a car that makes 430 rwhp bone stock to be mediocre, especially when that car also responds to simple mods like nothing else.

Edited by White99GT

The 2008 GT500 MSRP starts at $42,330 and dealer invoice is $38,244, so I will be expecting a retraction at any point.

I would like to see what actual are paying with actual money. If they are paying less than $50K on a regular basis, then by all means, you will get your retraction.

I also do not consider a car that makes 430 rwhp bone stock to be mediocre, especially when that car also responds to simple mods like nothing else.

430RWHP out of a 5.4 liter, SUPERCHARGED V8 is nothing special. If it was the 4.6, then it would be fine. And despite a 70 HP ADVANTAGE and a 52 Torque advantage, the better Corvette is still faster. Answer me this, why would anyone buy the Mustang when they can get a much better Corvette for the same money?

The Corvette gets FAR better mileage (16/26 versus 14/20), is faster in both 0-60 (4.3 versus 4.6 ) and the quarter (12.6 versus 12.8), stops better (119ft versus 124), and turns better (.93G and 69.2 in the slalom versus .87g and 66.2 in the slalom).

I would like to see what actual are paying with actual money. If they are paying less than $50K on a regular basis, then by all means, you will get your retraction.

430RWHP out of a 5.4 liter, SUPERCHARGED V8 is nothing special. If it was the 4.6, then it would be fine. And despite a 70 HP ADVANTAGE and a 52 Torque advantage, the better Corvette is still faster. Answer me this, why would anyone buy the Mustang when they can get a much better Corvette for the same money?

The Corvette gets FAR better mileage (16/26 versus 14/20), is faster in both 0-60 (4.3 versus 4.6 ) and the quarter (12.6 versus 12.8), stops better (119ft versus 124), and turns better (.93G and 69.2 in the slalom versus .87g and 66.2 in the slalom).

the Corvette has very little practicality, not saying the Mustang is practical but it sure is a lot more than the Corvette

but i guess you would have ask the people that bought the GT500 over the Corvette, although they are two different vehicles

I have an aquantance with an 08 GT500 Vert. Next time ill see him ill ask.

The last time i saw him, he was with his wife and two kids in the car, and he had just purchased it for 44k i think he said. It was right around sticker price. Cant take 4 people in a Vette although it is an awesome car. (base models are still pretty damn fast, it doesnt have to be a ZO6 to be a bad ass ride) its still not as practical as the Mustang.

My biggest complaint with the GT500 is that its a porker, and IMO it lacks the manly image of the Terminators. The Shelby tag and the gouging from most dealers burned the image of the car for me really. To me IMO again, its just an old mans car that will never be put out on the track and ran like it deserves to be run. Well, maybe in 8 years when they are used and can be had for cheaper.

I still see lots of Terminators at the drags on test and tune nights. Even the stocker ones dont seem to have much trouble touching on the GT500 times.

I have an aquantance with an 08 GT500 Vert. Next time ill see him ill ask.

The last time i saw him, he was with his wife and two kids in the car, and he had just purchased it for 44k i think he said. It was right around sticker price. Cant take 4 people in a Vette although it is an awesome car. (base models are still pretty damn fast, it doesnt have to be a ZO6 to be a bad ass ride) its still not as practical as the Mustang.

My biggest complaint with the GT500 is that its a porker, and IMO it lacks the manly image of the Terminators. The Shelby tag and the gouging from most dealers burned the image of the car for me really. To me IMO again, its just an old mans car that will never be put out on the track and ran like it deserves to be run. Well, maybe in 8 years when they are used and can be had for cheaper.

I still see lots of Terminators at the drags on test and tune nights. Even the stocker ones dont seem to have much trouble touching on the GT500 times.

It's a a shame Ford don't make those terminators anymore when you love every square inch of the car and everthing that was put in it.

Butch Oustalet Ford just sold a white on red GT500 coupe for $1,000 BELOW sticker about 4 weeks ago. With rising gas prices and their "newness" finally wearing off, the Shelbys aren't commanding $10K-$15K premiums like they used to.

Besides, the fact that people are willing to pay over sticker for these cars isn't a knock on the car, in fact it is just the opposite.

:rolleyes: 430 rwhp is a typical "stock" dyno number for these cars, dyno tune only sees close to 500 rwhp, tune and a blower pulley sees 520-540 rwhp, tune/blower pulley/cai sees 550+ rwhp. Ford has these things extremely detuned from the get-go, and 430 REAR WHEEL horsepower is quite a bit of power.

As a contrast, your typical Crown Vic will dyno between 180-190 rwhp.

The Corvette is a purpose-built 2 seat sports cars that is 700 lbs. lighter, the Shelby is a high end pony car. Regardless, spend $500 on the GT500 and $500 on the C6 and the 'Vette is looking at tail lights.

Arguing about stock numbers of the Shelby is missing the biggest selling point of the car. No other car currently out there responds to SIMPLE upgrades like the GT500 does.

As a contrast, your typical Crown Vic will dyno between 180-190 rwhp.

And...

The Corvette is a purpose-built 2 seat sports cars that is 700 lbs. lighter, the Shelby is a high end pony car. Regardless, spend $500 on the GT500 and $500 on the C6 and the 'Vette is looking at tail lights.

You would probably have to spend $500.00 just to make the pig as fast as a Corvette.

And using the argument "Oh yeah...well...after you buy a GT500 and then spend even more money on modifications to make it faster...it will be faster than a Corvette"...doesn't really help you.

You would probably have to spend $500.00 just to make the pig as fast as a Corvette.

Stock for stock a GT500 is in a statistical dead heat with a Z51 C6 Corvette. About 1-2 tenths and 1 mph seperate them.

And using the argument "Oh yeah...well...after you buy a GT500 and then spend even more money on modifications to make it faster...it will be faster than a Corvette"...doesn't really help you.

It helps me quite a bit actually.

Spend $500-$600 on the Vette and you get somewhere 20 rwhp tops. (Tuner/dyno tune)

Spend $500-$600 on the GT500 and you get about 70 rwhp. (Tuner/dyno tune)

Jump up to $900-$1,000 and the the Vette will see maybe 30 rwhp. (Tuner/dyno tune and CAI or catback)

$900-$1,000 spent on the GT500 sees a good 100 or more rwhp. (Tuner/dyno tune/blower pulley and/or CAI)

And before you mention warranty, FRPP sells these parts in pakages for the GT500, and when installed by a Ford Dealer maintains the factory warranty.

And yes, a 530+ rwhp GT500 will walk the dog on a tune/cat-back C6.

Getting the picture yet?

Edited by White99GT

He won't get it, because it does not back his arguement.

Of course he completely forgot about the post with the guy with the GT500............... and his family in the car.

I can see it already............. "sorry junior, Daddy doesn't care about you enough to buy a car that you can ride in also. We'll just velcro you in the closet while mommy and me go out joy riding."

Remember, when it comes to a P arguement, practicality has no play.