2010 Fusion GT: 340hp EB V6

wescoent

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... See that AutoZine link you posted said NOTHING about an external pump and you didn't know that there was an external pump on the D3s,

You are correct.

I learned that there is an electro-hydraulic pump to "pre-load" the clutch packs.

Pre-load does not mean "engage".

Also, showroom traffic is only good for so much. People may =go= to Mitsubishi showrooms, but they ain't buying the stock Lancer. Its crap, and Mitsu would do better to improve the vehicle as opposed to dumping cash into the Evo.

Seriously. Lancer sales are absolutely abyssmal. So much for the 'halo effect' there.

I would like to see a hi-po Fusion, but I'd rather have a regular AWD V6 Fusion with a nicer looking interior. No point in making hi-po models if the base models aren't even up to snuff with the competition yet.

Seriously. Lancer sales are absolutely abyssmal. So much for the 'halo effect' there.

I would like to see a hi-po Fusion, but I'd rather have a regular AWD V6 Fusion with a nicer looking interior. No point in making hi-po models if the base models aren't even up to snuff with the competition yet.

hell i'd be happy with 300hp AWD BUT...must be avail with a manual trans................

I think Ford needs to have an "SS" like line of models from the Party all the way to the Taurus. And I think rather than dig some old tired name up from the past (SVT), they should make a new name for their hi-po models. All of these models would have some form of an EcoBoost engine. And since EcoBoost sounds like shit, these models should be called Twin Force.

You would have the Twin Force Fiesta, Twin Force Focus, Twin Force Fusion, Twin Force Taurus, etc.

It could even be applied to trucks. Twin Force F-150, Twin Force Edge.

Basically it would be a sport package...with actual sport. We have already seen the Edge Sport...nothing more than a body kit and smoked headlights...not even worth the time to develop it. BUT, add to that a EcoBoost engine and BAM, you have the Twin Force Edge.

Same with the Fusion. The body kit, smoked headlights, grille and wheels are utterly pointless...because there is nothing that has changed about the car. It is the same hum-drum Fusion. Add to that a EcoBoost 3.5 and BAM, you have the Twin Force Fusion and successfully turned a lackluster package into something fun and exciting. I would even get some nice seats in there like what was found on the early WRXs.

I think Ford needs to have an "SS" like line of models from the Party all the way to the Taurus. And I think rather than dig some old tired name up from the past (SVT), they should make a new name for their hi-po models. All of these models would have some form of an EcoBoost engine. And since EcoBoost sounds like shit, these models should be called Twin Force.

You would have the Twin Force Fiesta, Twin Force Focus, Twin Force Fusion, Twin Force Taurus, etc.

Basically it would be a sport package...with actual sport. We have already seen the Edge Sport...nothing more than a body kit and smoked headlights...not even worth the time to develop it. BUT, add to that a EcoBoost engine and BAM, you have the Twin Force Edge.

Same with the Fusion. The body kit, smoked headlights, grille and wheels are utterly pointless...because there is nothing that has changed about the car. It is the same hum-drum Fusion. Add to that a EcoBoost 3.5 and BAM, you have the Twin Force Fusion and successfully turned a lackluster package into something fun and exciting. I would even get some nice seats in there like what was found on the early WRXs.

Granted, SVT is a division of Ford much like SRT is a division of Chrysler.... so it very well could stick around.

I do agree with everything else you said though.

Now, a question I have: If they were to make hotter Lincolns, would you propose that they use a different trim designation (a la GM) or use the same one (a la Chrysler)?

Duratec SCI.

It has the direct injections coming from the side of the engine. I have seen pictures from a Ford report on direct injection that showed the injection from the top center on the 4 cylinders. I assumed that it was the SCI. It could have been a prototype engine, or maybe Mazda. Maybe Ford did not want to give out too many secrets in the report.

The side mounted DI would be a lot easier to package.

The bowl shaped cavity on the top of the cylinder is larger on SCI than on the EB. I assume that the EB is smaller because it has greater degree of lean burn? Maybe greater compression?

Please, "Ford needs to have an "SS" like line of models from the Party all the way to the Taurus." This worked so well for the General, I can't wait to go buy a Malibu SS or a Cobalt SS non-sc. SVT is a serious badge and is only worn on serious vehicles. The General realized this and started doing the same for SS now, but it's too late bc they tarnished the nameplate with a bunch of crap vehicles.

SVT is a great nameplate, unfortunately Ford hasn't used it much lately. IF we do see a SVT on a Fusion, you can bet it will be AWD, have high hp (EB 3.5) and will stop on a dime. It may even have a paddle-shifted 6-speed. The same would be true for any vehicle that wears a SVT badge.

Forget paddle shifters....

Unless they're hooked up to a transmission that can make decent use of them.

Fact is most of those paddle shifters are somewhere between useless and counter productive because of the amount of time it takes the transmission to shift. All they do is make your Walter Mittying a little easier.

Now, a question I have: If they were to make hotter Lincolns, would you propose that they use a different trim designation (a la GM) or use the same one (a la Chrysler)?

Same...make Twin Force available across all brands as a trim package...a real hi-po package. And it shouldn't cost much on the Fusion and Edge as they already have a "sport" package available. Just add EcoBoost to it and there is your modern say SVT Fusion...only it would be called Twin Force.

Please, "Ford needs to have an "SS" like line of models from the Party all the way to the Taurus." This worked so well for the General, I can't wait to go buy a Malibu SS or a Cobalt SS non-sc. SVT is a serious badge and is only worn on serious vehicles. The General realized this and started doing the same for SS now, but it's too late bc they tarnished the nameplate with a bunch of crap vehicles.

The new Cobalt SS is a great car. It laps the 'Ring just slower than a Ferrari 355 GTB. If that is not fitting of the SS nameplate, I don't know what is.

SVT is a great nameplate, unfortunately Ford hasn't used it much lately. IF we do see a SVT on a Fusion, you can bet it will be AWD, have high hp (EB 3.5) and will stop on a dime. It may even have a paddle-shifted 6-speed. The same would be true for any vehicle that wears a SVT badge.

SVT is damaged nameplate. After years of no product and a bunch of cool concepts that get watered down to nothing more than a body kit, it is time ti move on.

SVT is damaged nameplate. After years of no product and a bunch of cool concepts that get watered down to nothing more than a body kit, it is time ti move on.

What SVT product is nothing more than a body kit? If you are referring to the Adrenaline....well...the production one isn't an SVT.

Ask any Terminator or GT500 owner if SVT is "damaged".

Same...make Twin Force available across all brands as a trim package...a real hi-po package. And it shouldn't cost much on the Fusion and Edge as they already have a "sport" package available. Just add EcoBoost to it and there is your modern say SVT Fusion...only it would be called Twin Force.

The new Cobalt SS is a great car. It laps the 'Ring just slower than a Ferrari 355 GTB. If that is not fitting of the SS nameplate, I don't know what is.

The NEW Cobalt SS TC is a great car. But GM went through a spell where they were slapping SS on every car and they tarnished the nameplate.

I believe you're talking about the Sport Trac Adrenalin with the body-kit comment. It was great in concept, now it is a body kit, but guess what, its not badged as an SVT; that's bc SVT is reserved for serious vehicles.

SVT has not been tarnished, it just hasn't been used much. It's still alive with the GT500, and it could find a home in the F150, F100, Fiesta, Focus, Fusion. But really, a car or two and a truck for SVT is plenty. High hp is not enough for SVT, it needs to be an all around performance vehicle.

Ask any Terminator or GT500 owner if SVT is "damaged".

Well, there are a ton of people who believe SVT is completely dead. Also there are just as many Terminator owners with bruised egos that will say that SVT is indeed damaged by the introduction of the Shelby name to the flagship product, even though the GT500 is 100% SVT.

Edited by atomaro

$60K+ for a 500HP, mid-12 second car that is too heavy, clunky, and barely can pull more Gs than a Fusion around the skid pad says to me that SVT is damaged.

48k P...cars are going close to MSRP as of late...sign of the times...wonder if all the addendum BLEATERS that posted complaints have now run down and signed up???????...

No...it is an overweight pig. Just like the Challenger and probably the Camaro. And I think the Mustang is ugly.

sad to say P, the days of a sub 3500 lb car seem to be shrinking, rack that up to mandated additional safety equip that we have no choice other than to accept...the only alternative is $$$$$ with copious amounts of "exotic" lightweight substitutes....hell even the M3 is over 4000lbs now....sad,,,,,

And since EcoBoost sounds like shit, these models should be called Twin Force....

First, these days, most folks are interested in economy so any thing that sound more "save gas" than "go fast" is better to the marketing boys.

Second, besides the MKS, I'm betting no other EcoBoost application has more than 1 turbo. Too darn expensive !