• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Class Act. Leave the old and infirm behind. How anyone could say that is OK blows my mind. I would never treat my grand parents, my parents, my elderly neighbors, or the old lady at the grocery store that way. Appears that the officer does not either.

And what about the poor woman that called it in?! Beer is just for the guys I guess. Nothing for the older lady that reported it to someone and nothing for the younger lady that called it in and took heat for days from colleagues, neighbors, the press. Failed on so many levels.

Think a 92 year old woman with stage 4 cancer is going to get a hip replacement from this guy?

Peace and Blessings

Do you think a 92 year old with stage 4 cancer would get a hip replacement from a private for profit insurance company? Really it is a stupid question. I don't think someone with a life expectancy of months should get a hip replacement. What is a hip replacement going to do for quality of life. Would that person even survive and recover from the surgery. Just because the technology exists to do something doesn't automatically mean you should do it.

Someone who is clinically brain dead shouldn't be kept on artificial life support indefinitely. These treatments do cost money and there is a legitimate question as to whether it is medically appropriate. I wouldn't support giving a liver transplant to someone who won't stop drinking either.

2 Obama administration officials can't guarantee middle-class Americans won't see tax hike

It says no guarantee, and if taxes do go up for the "middle class" it won't really be a surprise. Not defending Obama just pointing out the facts.

Like that's the first time he's misspoken :shades:

Do you think a 92 year old with stage 4 cancer would get a hip replacement from a private for profit insurance company? Really it is a stupid question. I don't think someone with a life expectancy of months should get a hip replacement. What is a hip replacement going to do for quality of life. Would that person even survive and recover from the surgery. Just because the technology exists to do something doesn't automatically mean you should do it.

Someone who is clinically brain dead shouldn't be kept on artificial life support indefinitely. These treatments do cost money and there is a legitimate question as to whether it is medically appropriate. I wouldn't support giving a liver transplant to someone who won't stop drinking either.

You are very ignorant and make huge assumptions.

A 92 year old woman would be on Medicare and would possibly have supplemental.

How do you know her life expectancy is months? Is there some factual time expiration for stage 4 cancer? Do you even know what kind of cancer it is? Do you know how long she has had it and or been at stage 4?

You don't think someone under certain circumstances should get hip replacement surgery? Very Obama'ish of you. Perhaps she is in excruciating pain and this would give her some quality of life? Perhaps she could walk around the last months of her life(per your diagnosis), and smell the flowers, see her grand kids games more easily, feel good or even great about herself. Perhaps the way she sees her self and her value might make a difference. Perhaps she lives 2, 4, 6 more years?

You have no idea what a hip surgery does for someone because you are ignorant. Perhaps she had her hip removed a year ago and has been waiting for an infection to clear? Why would she not recover let alone survive? Man, you have already written her off. She is dead and worthless to you.

Do me a favor. Show your post and my follow up to your family, wife, kids, parents, grand parents, and neighbors. I would like to see your families and friends response to your loving nature.

You are very ignorant and make huge assumptions.

A 92 year old woman would be on Medicare and would possibly have supplemental.

How do you know her life expectancy is months? Is there some factual time expiration for stage 4 cancer? Do you even know what kind of cancer it is? Do you know how long she has had it and or been at stage 4?

You don't think someone under certain circumstances should get hip replacement surgery? Very Obama'ish of you. Perhaps she is in excruciating pain and this would give her some quality of life? Perhaps she could walk around the last months of her life(per your diagnosis), and smell the flowers, see her grand kids games more easily, feel good or even great about herself. Perhaps the way she sees her self and her value might make a difference. Perhaps she lives 2, 4, 6 more years?

You have no idea what a hip surgery does for someone because you are ignorant. Perhaps she had her hip removed a year ago and has been waiting for an infection to clear? Why would she not recover let alone survive? Man, you have already written her off. She is dead and worthless to you.

Do me a favor. Show your post and my follow up to your family, wife, kids, parents, grand parents, and neighbors. I would like to see your families and friends response to your loving nature.

Your wasting your time with him. This is exactly the mind-set that this president has. They don't value the lives of our older citizen or the unborn, to them they are expendable.

Your wasting your time with him. This is exactly the mind-set that this president has. They don't value the lives of our older citizen or the unborn, to them they are expendable.

I guess. But it scares the hell out of me that someone has such a sharp knife and is so ready to pounce they don't even think before they push others off a cliff!

Peace and Blessings

Someone on here made a list of what GWB did to them over 8 years of horror. Here is one for Obama's first 5 months. :)

What If George W. Bush had ...

* made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

* If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

* If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

* If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

* If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

* If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?

* If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to “Cinco de Cuatro” in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the Fifth of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

* If George W. Bush had misspelled the word advice would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potato as “proof” of what a dunce he is?

* If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on “Earth Day”, would you have concluded he’s a hypocrite?

* If George W. Bush’s administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually “get” what happened on 9-11?

* If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he is inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

* If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

* If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

* If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

* If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

* So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 10 weeks -- so you'll have three years and nine-and-a-half months to come up with an answer.

Looks like people sure hate the Democrats:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/03/d...a_n_250043.html

Obama must be doing terrible

Yes, he is. Examples>>>>>

Federal tax revenues plummeting

Link

Read their lips: Mixed signals from Obama team on taxes

Link

Lloyd Doggett's meeting on Obamacare in south Austin, TX, 1 Aug 2009

Crowd Explodes When Arlen Specter Urges That We "Do This Fast"

Link

Democrats' break looking like a bad trip

Link

Of course, you've never been one to let the facts get in the way.

SUV,

Read the source document. It doesn't say what you think it says.

Bottom Line

Since Obama was inaugurated, not much has changed in the political party landscape at the state level -- the Democratic Party continues to hold a solid advantage in party identification in most states and in the nation as a whole. While the size of the Democratic advantage at the national level shrunk in recent months, this has been due to an increase in independent identification rather than an increase in Republican support. That finding is echoed here given that the total number of solid and leaning Republican states remains unchanged from last year. While the Republican Party is still able to compete in elections if they enjoy greater turnout from their supporters or greater support for its candidates from independent voters, the deck is clearly stacked in the Democratic Party's favor for now.

You also do not seem to understand our voter registration process. In many states, you can only vote in the primary for candidates of the party for which you have registered. In many southern states, the Republican party does even field candidates for a number of local elections. So a staunch Republican will likely register as a Democrat in order to vote.

This is about party identification though, not party registration. I don't understand everything about the way things work, that's true, but I do understand that the republicans are in trouble if their supporters continue with the crazy talk.

Work your way through this one sentence from the source document:

While the size of the Democratic advantage at the national level shrunk in recent months, this has been due to an increase in independent identification rather than an increase in Republican support. That finding is echoed here given that the total number of solid and leaning Republican states remains unchanged from last year.

When we go to the polls, they ask for your party identification. This is your voter registration card. Party identification, to most US citizens is about party registration.

Are you capable of admitting that your are wrong? My opinion is that most of the crazy talk is coming from people who identify themselves as independents: locally, FMCCAP and Sprinter. I am a JFK Democrat. I know you are too young to know what that means, but you should look it up. In my district, I register according to the election: Democrat for local stuff, and Republican for national votes.

My opinion is that most of the crazy talk is coming from people who identify themselves as independents: locally, FMCCAP and Sprinter. I am a JFK Democrat. I know you are too young to know what that means, but you should look it up. In my district, I register according to the election: Democrat for local stuff, and Republican for national votes.

Just because you don't agree it's crazy talk?

Are you capable of admitting that your are wrong?

Well, I may very well be wrong, but I'm not sure that I am. The identifications are changing. If what you say was true, they should be relatively constant. besides, it isn't my story, I just linked to it and told you what it says.

My opinion is that most of the crazy talk is coming from people who identify themselves as independents: locally, FMCCAP and Sprinter.

It's crazy....but only 48% of Republicans are sure that Obama is a citizen...that's where my comment comes from. I don't mean to offend Republicans that aren't crazy.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Just not getting through.... The story you linked to, from the Huffington Post said this:

The survey, conducted between January and June of 2009, finds that 30 states prefer the Democratic party by ten points or more, while only 4 states prefer the GOP by as much.

However, the Gallup Poll survey quoted by the Huffingtom Post did not say that at all: Gallup Poll

Bottom Line

Since Obama was inaugurated, not much has changed in the political party landscape at the state level -- the Democratic Party continues to hold a solid advantage in party identification in most states and in the nation as a whole. While the size of the Democratic advantage at the national level shrunk in recent months, this has been due to an increase in independent identification rather than an increase in Republican support. That finding is echoed here given that the total number of solid and leaning Republican states remains unchanged from last year. While the Republican Party is still able to compete in elections if they enjoy greater turnout from their supporters or greater support for its candidates from independent voters, the deck is clearly stacked in the Democratic Party's favor for now.

Your source, the Huffington Post misrepresented the facts of the Gallup survey. This is why I like to read the actual source documents. By the way, the Democrat party has held this lead for about past 70 years.... No story here.

Free advice. If you want people to take you seriously: Admit when you are wrong. Accept that a change in the data means you should reconsider your conclusions.

Edited by xr7g428

It's crazy....but only 48% of Republicans are sure that Obama is a citizen...that's where my comment comes from. I don't mean to offend Republicans that aren't crazy.

Some ridicoulous percentage of Americans (33%?) thought 9/11 was an inside job in a similar poll. Democrats weighted the conspiracy option much more greatly than Republicans. Every country has a bottom 20th percentile and it shows up some where; politics only exasterbates the lunacy.

Edited by V8 Ford

And what is your source for this?

I am not sure Obama is a citizen, are you? When did you personally see the documents? I do believe that he is a citizen, that his mother was a citizen when he was born, and that he is as American as any one I know. I am disappointed that people continue to grasp at straws hoping a technicality will overturn the election. Never the less, it is their right to poke and probe and dig all they want.

In the overall scheme of things, exactly where he was born is far less a part of his formation than his education. I would really like to know more about how he got accepted into the schools he attended, who paid for his education, and how well he performed as a student. At his young age, I am afraid that his schooling has more bearing upon his judgement than his experience.

He seems to be a quick study, as he has come around on so many things. I believe he is finally coming to grips with the fact that Iran and North Korea do not want to be our friends. Their leadership requires and external enemy to scare the population into compliance. It was pure naivete to think that we could all "just get along". I think he now realizes that the people in Gitmo would just as soon kill Americans as look at them, probably not a good risk to turn these guys loose any time soon. It is obvious that what Hillary told him in the debates about the reality of a pull-out time-line for Iraq was quite accurate, even if did cost her the election. An lo and behold, the Islamo-fascists didn't fold up their tents and give up just because he was nicer than the other guy. Afghanistan will be Obama's war. I hope he gets it right.

The real fix for the economy was stabilizing the banks. Everything else is just government meddling in the markets. Time is the only thing that can really heal the economy.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/07...re-birthers.php

I was wrong, 42%.

Look, we all have opinions, and I know that mine aren't always right. What you consider meddling in the economy isn't necessarily.

And I still don't agree that the poll source material says what you think it does. It might be what you think it says, but we don't really know why people answered what they did.

Edited by suv_guy_19

SUV, Are you really that impossibly dense? I never interpreted the survey results. The quote that interprets the survey results is taken DIRECTLY from the survey. READ the damn survey assessment written by Gallup. The survey criteria are right there for you to look at.

And you link to Talking Points Daily... From a poll done by Daily KOS? This is your standard for credibility? Weak, very very weak...