FORD FLEX SAVES FUEL DURING DECELERATION WHILE MAINTAINING BEST-IN-CLASS DRIVEABILITY

range

Still does not change the fact that the the TX did not have a Vista roof, is smaller, etc., etc., etc. Wake up!

Who the hell cares about the Vista Roof. It is a gimmick....and a heavy one at that.

And I'll trade some goofy Vista Roof for more cargo space...ie: Taurus X.

So, other than the Vista Roof, what else does the Flex have that the T-X does not?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The look TONS better

They will tow more in 2009 (Traverse rated to 5200 pounds)

They can carry a 4X8 sheet of plywood flat

They have more power

They have more cargo room with all seats down

They have more cargo room with just the third seats folded

They have more cargo room with all seats up

They have a bigger gas tank

They have a telescoping steering wheel

Signal mirrors

Power folding mirrors

Autodimming mirror

Ask and you shall receive.

Hmm, then an Expedition is better than any of the Lambda's

The look TONS better

They will tow more now than the Lambda's in '09(Traverse rated to 5200 pounds)

They can carry a 4X8 sheet of plywood flat

They have more power

They have more cargo room with all seats down

They have more cargo room with just the third seats folded

They have more cargo room with all seats up

They have a bigger gas tank

They have a telescoping steering wheel (oh, sorry, Expedition doesn't)

Signal mirrors

Power folding mirrors

Autodimming mirror

So, what exactly is your point? That you have not driven or even sat in either a Lambda or a Flex? I have, and believe me, the Flex is WORLDS AHEAD in the interior. Dimensions aren't all that matter. General comfort, feel, and overall interior quality are much much better in the Flex.

Who the hell cares about the Vista Roof. It is a gimmick....and a heavy one at that.

So, other than the Vista Roof, what else does the Flex have that the T-X does not?

Then take it out before you compare the weight. The point I am trying to make is that if you compare weight, compare equal options. The Flex has:

power liftgate

larger navigation (if the T-X even has one)

is wider

is longer

power folding second row seats

a fridge

You may not care about these options, but they add weight!!! That is my point...options add weight, so you have to compare comparably equipped vehicles before compairing weight!

Oh, and the Flex will weigh more as it is LARGER!!!

Edited by fordmantpw

Better sound deadening, a tougher frame (you seem to forget that the T-X doesn't have a very high tow rating--despite having the same powertrain as the Flex), etc.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can get a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back of the Flex.

Finally, the Flex has more 'passenger volume' than the Enclave, Acadia, Outlook and Traverse.

Flex passenger volume is 155cu. ft. Acadia, Enclave, Outlook and Traverse are all 154 cu. ft.

Taurus X passenger volume is 146 cu. ft.

And, FWIW, passenger volume is probably the best measure of cabin 'spaciousness'.

Hmm, then an Expedition is better than any of the Lambda's

So, what exactly is your point?

Let's keep this close to an apples to apples comparison...but I doubt that ANY lambda will begin to leak oil from the oil pan with under 10K on the clock.

That you have not driven or even sat in either a Lambda or a Flex? I have, and believe me, the Flex is WORLDS AHEAD in the interior. Dimensions aren't all that matter. General comfort, feel, and overall interior quality are much much better in the Flex.

I have heard the interior is fine...not fantastic...but fine. Now compared to the Lambda's, I have read that the Flex comes close...but just can't match. Which is fine. Why go for the home run when a base hit will do?

And when you are dragging the family all around...dimensions matter. And in most cases, the Lambda's are superior.

Let's keep this close to an apples to apples comparison...but I doubt that ANY lambda will begin to leak oil from the oil pan with under 10K on the clock.

Yeah, that's spouting some facts. :banghead:

I have heard the interior is fine...not fantastic...but fine. Now compared to the Lambda's, I have read that the Flex comes close...but just can't match. Which is fine. Why go for the home run when a base hit will do?

Wow...you obviously have been in neither. :finger:

My completely unbiased wife even said the Acadia was not even close to the Flex. She didn't want to drive the Acadia after sitting in it since the interior couldn't compare.

And when you are dragging the family all around...dimensions matter. And in most cases, the Lambda's are superior.

For me and my family, the Flex is much more spacious. I have sat in both back to back, and the Lambda's are not even close. They just felt more cramped and closed in.

Oh, and guess what. The loaded Acadia cost MORE than the loaded Flex!

I don't think I've ever heard anyone ranting about the interior of a Lambda short of the Enclave. Would be nice if folks would quit grasping at straws.

Speaking of the Lambdas though, has anyone seen the stupid new ad for the Traverse? It's obviously geared toward women, but it made me want to avoid that vehicle at all costs.

I agree except during the excursions to the bar. Designated Driver nights suck. :hysterical:

Oh, well I haven't had that experience....

In all seriousness, aren't the costs spread around between the Taurus, MKS and the Unibody Explorer? Then add in the huge profits they'll make off the MKT and its not that hard to think that Ford won't make money off the Edge.

I'm not sure how the market will take the new Explorer even if it gets 30 MPG..just because it has a stigma of being an SUV...but at the same time I dont think Ford should change the name....

1) Did you mean Flex?

2) I could see it going either way, but I think you'd see people go back to SUVs if they got 30 mpgs.

Yes, a gimmick that is helping to sell Ford vehicles (Edge/Flex) over the competition, most of whom don't offer a Vista roof. And don't bring up Flex sales numbers because 1) nothing is selling well right now, and 2) the vehicle has not been at dealers very long; many don't even have any yet, to my understanding.

:hysterical:

But seriously...that is subjective.

You critisize him talking about styling as a selling point when you yourself said the Lambdas look better than a Flex?

The Flex's interior is top notch: high quality, soft touch materials all around, panel gaps are great, and it's very comfortable. I've sat in an Acadia before and it wasn't nearly as comfortable or spacious (even if it is more spacious on paper, it felt more cramped) as the Flex.

Speaking of the Lambdas though, has anyone seen the stupid new ad for the Traverse? It's obviously geared toward women, but it made me want to avoid that vehicle at all costs.

Yes, I've seen it, if you're referring to the guy with his shirt off ironing. And yes, it makes me want to avoid it too (well the styling did that already, but still).

Edited by rmc523

I can get the bill and show you where this Expy...:

IMG_0257.jpg

...was taken in for a leaky oil pan. Hell, I drove it to Hastings Ford at 7:AM last Tuesday morning. They also fixed the Expedition door logo that was falling off.

Outside my house is a Buick with less than 20K, that wouldn't start tonight, a check engine light that is on for the 14th time, a rattle in the dash at 2000 rpm, doors that rattle when you shut them and one that rattles when you drive, and a rear floor that bounces up and down while you drive on rough roads making it seems as if someone is clapping their hands over your ears at each expansion joint. What's your point?

Outside my house is a Buick with less than 20K, that wouldn't start tonight, a check engine light that is on for the 14th time, a rattle in the dash at 2000 rpm, doors that rattle when you shut them and one that rattles when you drive, and a rear floor that bounces up and down while you drive on rough roads making it seems as if someone is clapping their hands over your ears at each expansion joint. What's your point?

I was backing up my claim that seemed to be disputed.

I was backing up my claim that seemed to be disputed.

One vehicle having an issue does not mean it is a regular problem with that type of vehicle. Crap happens, and occasionally, consumers have to be on the receiving end of said crap. That doesn't mean it happens to a majority of consumers.

As I have stated before...Freestyle was just as safe as the Flex...and weighs 800 pounds less. Same for the T-X. So the safety argument is a non-issue. Just because it is overweight does not mean it is any safer than something lighter.

l_9b16f8840f446fe98ce1b3c1195c03f7.jpg

I'm going with the heavier vehicle..... (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

I can get the bill and show you where this Expy...:

IMG_0257.jpg

...was taken in for a leaky oil pan. Hell, I drove it to Hastings Ford at 7:AM last Tuesday morning. They also fixed the Expedition door logo that was falling off.

run...its the end of the world...wanna see some repair bills on :redcard: P?....man you stretch crap sometimes....

Edited by Deanh