The Fiesta and what you expect out of it

elkarlo

Countries like the U.S. with huge populations and hundreds of millions of cars are the ones damaging cold weather countries like Canada the most.

Are the hundreds of millions of American cars damaging Mars too, because that climate has changed too?

Global warming is a scam. If you want to complain about pollution, complain about China. They have no emission controls, and all of their pollution is riding the Jet Stream straight over to the Western coasts of Canada and the United States.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer, it is impossible to talk reason to those who have bought into the GW cult, hook, line, and sinker.

Fordbuyer, while it is possible to see a broad overview of change, from looking at CO2 concentrations in ice............. this tells you nothing about what was going on in the world at that time. You do not know anything about the suns activity (which is to blame for the current mild rise), or anything else.

In other words, it is not a full picture. You cannot come up with definitive conclusions based on partial facts.

Like Pioneer said, I would like to see you explain why other planets, in our solar system, are also getting warmer.............. or is that all the US's fault too???

Anyway, I will not continue with this discussion. You are convinced, we are skeptical, and we will agree to disagree.

Just want to ask one question first... Are we going to get the Euro version of Fiesta or the India version of Fiesta?

If it is the Euro Version, we got a winner.

If it is the India Version, bye bye Ford...

All you have to do is go by Livonia Transmission plant and get within five feet of at least three Fiesta's with heavy camo on them. The interiors are all exposed and of course the size and front headlights. They are surprisingly roomy and look much bigger than Fit and more modern. All three are four door sedans and look much like concept car if you look past the camo. They are a foot shorter than Focus, but don't appear to be tiny. Looks to me like they will offer good value for the money. With 1.6L I4 and 115hp with 6 speed auto, they should be very peppy and good Interstate cruisers with I'm sure over 40mpg possible with 65mpg speeds. I'm impressed with what I see in the three at Trans plant parking lot and seeing them all the time around town being tested.

These cars do not compete............... in size, or in price. They do all, however, have 4 tires and a steering wheel.

As for your contention that global warming is a reality. Please. Unless scientists have data for the last 5000 years or so.............. don't sign me up for that one. You cannot base climatic change on 100 years of data. The planet has been much warmer, and much cooler, throughout time. Sorry, but I'm not willing to jump on the GW cult bandwagon. Should we be environmentally conscious, yes. Should we revert back to the stone age, thinking that we are solving the worlds problems.......... NO.

Great post, thank-you.

Keeping our foot-print on the land from damaging the environment is crucial, and it seems that by and large, most get the message. Not a minute too soon though. Saw a documentary on PBS on protecting forests. The documentary showed a satellite photo of the island of Hispaniola, where the west half is Haiti, and the East half is the Dominican Republic. Picture below, guess which half is Haiti?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation_in_Haiti

800px-Haiti_deforestation.jpg

Great post, thank-you.

Keeping our foot-print on the land from damaging the environment is crucial, and it seems that by and large, most get the message. Not a minute too soon though. Saw a documentary on PBS on protecting forests. The documentary showed a satellite photo of the island of Hispaniola, where the west half is Haiti, and the East half is the Dominican Republic. Picture below, guess which half is Haiti?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation_in_Haiti

800px-Haiti_deforestation.jpg

least one knows where the border is....

IIRC, the Fiesta started production last month in Germany.

Can't wait to see what the German super-tuners do with it. Add the RevoKnuckle bits from the Focus. Add boost. Should be an interesting Spring '09.

And a year from now, when SEMA gets hold of it . . . . :)

please NO Funkmaster Fiesta.........