Ford Flex Flopping

BORG

Cheif not um smoking peace pipe....

I like a bit of a debate as much as the next guy, Dean, but doesn't the same shit from the same three guys all day, every day get stale? If you really hate Ford so much, don't hang out on a Ford forum all day. Common sense. Unless... You are just completely attention starved and enjoy nothing more than ruffling everyones feathers. Every chance you get. And you can't tell me these guys wouldn't start preaching the sky is red if they knew it would ruffle feathers. If it was a variety of people bringing up valid arguements from time to time, it would be one thing. But it's not. It's the same dead end talking to a brick wall arguement in every thread. A brick wall that insists on needing to be in the middle of everything all the time.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

understand your angst...think I've just gotten used to everything turning into a CD bashing, Toyota touting panther fest!.....( and PS....obviously those saying the flex is flopping are totally rmoved from the sales side...I swear...interest is growing incrementally just as it did with the Edge upon its release...i can only imagine that the numbers would be MUCH better if we were not in such a paranoid state about the economy..........)

Edited by Deanh

And actually, I'm in a pretty good mood today, because even though my ROOKIE Chiefs lost, they crippled up that bum, Brady, and almost beat the "all powerful" Pats in the process... Almost.

and next up for the Pats, Brett favvv, farrrr, fahhhhhh, VRA......

Edited by Deanh

I like a bit of a debate as much as the next guy, Dean, but doesn't the same shit from the same three guys all day, every day get stale? If you really hate Ford so much, don't hang out on a Ford forum all day. Common sense. Unless... You are just completely attention starved and enjoy nothing more than ruffling everyones feathers. Every chance you get. And you can't tell me these guys wouldn't start preaching the sky is red if they knew it would ruffle feathers. If it was a variety of people bringing up valid arguements from time to time, it would be one thing. But it's not. It's the same dead end talking to a brick wall arguement in every thread. A brick wall that insists on needing to be in the middle of everything all the time.

I understand how you feel chief. I get to the point of complete annoyance, and then stay away for awhile. I will read, but will not post. Why bother.............. it doesn't matter what the name of the thread is, it will just turn into another D3 fail, panther love, Fords behind, Ford sucks at everything, bitchfest thread .............. by page 2.

Its just the same stupid shit, over and over again. When the Car and Driver forums look sane, you know there is something seriously wrong.

The truly sad thing is, there is alot of good info here, and alot of good people. However, as is the norm in anything, a few narcissistic know-it-alls have to ruin it for everyone. I'm all for a good hearted debate, but that isn't what things are like here.............. as you can't debate with stupid.

understand your angst...think I've just gotten used to everything turning into a CD bashing, Toyota touting panther fest!.....( and PS....obviously those saying the flex is flopping are totally rmoved from the sales side...I swear...interest is growing incrementally just as it did with the Edge upon its release...i can only imagine that the numbers would be MUCH better if we were not in such a paranoid state about the economy..........)

It is catching on! I sold and delivered 3 of them last week. I have noticed that woman do not like the two-tone roof but men do. I also think that men are more drawn to the vehicle for their wife to drive than their wives are but once you put them on a demo drive, they are sold.

Hey remember when the Taurus came out and everyone said it looked like an egg and it will never sell. It didn't take long for everyone to follow. Put a Flex next to a Grand Cherokee or even a new Caravan and the Flex looks modern and the rest looks tired. I didn't like it at first but it has grown bigtime on me and people I deal with every day.

there is very good insight on this forum. even the people who disapprove of a model or the direction of ford as a whole have some pretty good points.

blind cheerleading is not really the norm here. it truly is a shame that the same 3 or 4 guys shut it all down with nothing constructive to add.

i've been to this forum on and off over the last 5 years or so, and i get turned off nearly every time by a different group of trolls. does that make me soft? i don't think so. it makes me bored and i move on.

if it were my forum, and it's not, i would axe the true trolls and let the constructive criticism stay.

It is catching on! I sold and delivered 3 of them last week. I have noticed that woman do not like the two-tone roof but men do. I also think that men are more drawn to the vehicle for their wife to drive than their wives are but once you put them on a demo drive, they are sold.

Hey remember when the Taurus came out and everyone said it looked like an egg and it will never sell. It didn't take long for everyone to follow. Put a Flex next to a Grand Cherokee or even a new Caravan and the Flex looks modern and the rest looks tired. I didn't like it at first but it has grown bigtime on me and people I deal with every day.

Glad to hear. Where abouts is your dealership? As it seems only the bigger metro areas have gotten them. So is it new to your area, and you already sold 3? I'd say at least locally there is some success.

Hey remember when the Taurus came out and everyone said it looked like an egg and it will never sell.

No...I don't. Because all the :cheerleader: s touted how Ford/Mullally "finally" got it right and that blinged up Tempo was going to lead Ford to victory leaving the tired old Panther's in the dust. That's what I remember.

if it were my forum, and it's not, i would axe the true trolls and let the constructive criticism stay.

If only that statement were true, then there would be a lot of unhappy :cheerleader: s when they'd go to log in and can't, not ot mention some severly reduced membership numbers. :cheerleader:

Edited by Armada Master

Jesus, P. Just stop it. Some one logs in to a Ford forum, and says they like Fords, and you jump all over them right off the bat. I'm real sure belittling them on their first few posts is real productive to keeping someone around with maybe something worth saying. You just sit here and bitch at anything anybody says all day. Quit your whining and bickering, get the sand out of your vagina, and in the words of my mother:"If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all." This forum has turned into the argue with the same three douchebags all day long show, and it's gotta stop. Any information shared here amongst us turns into the Armada-P71 attention getting, how can I argue that the sky is red bitchfest. It's ok if mommy didn't pay enough attention to you, but we shouldn't have to listen to you cry all day. Just. Stop. And no, I'm not one bit surprised that you get your rocks off in your Crown Vic because people think you're a cop. Not ONE bit. :banghead:

Yeah...me and P are trolls because we are amongst the VERY few who like a couple of actual Ford platforms....what a$$holes we are.

I also like the Ranger, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

I also like the Mustang, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

I also like the Fusion/Milan, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

I'm ok with the Escape/Mariner, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

I'm on the fence about the current Focus, I'll go either way on it, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

The F-series looked and were fantastic, "just right" til 2004 when they were oversized and too square in the a$$, and 2009 isn't "looking" any better in the looks department, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

The formerly good looking Superduty and E-series are HIDEOUS with the last face lift, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

I don't hate the D3, I hate failure, repeated failure, repeated expensive failure, repeated expensive failure at the expensive of proven success :redcard: . Failure is what the D3s TO DATE are.

How much money has to be thrown at them before too much is enough for the :cheerleader: s?

Edited by Armada Master

Yeah...me and P are trolls because we are amongst the VERY few who like a couple of actual Ford platforms....what a$$holes we are.

I also like the Ranger, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

I also like the Mustang, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

I also like the Fusion/Milan, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

I'm ok with the Escape/Mariner, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

I'm on the fence about the current Focus, I'll go either way on it, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

The F-series looked and were fantastic, "just right" til 2004 when they were oversized and too square in the a$$, and 2009 isn't "looking" any better in the looks department, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

The formerly good looking Superduty and E-series are HIDEOUS with the last face lift, f&*k me what an a$$hole.

I don't hate the D3, I hate failure, repeated failure, repeated expensive failure, repeated expensive failure at the expensive of proven success :redcard: . Failure is what the D3s TO DATE are.

How much money has to be thrown at them before too much is enough for the :cheerleader: s?

Have you actually ever driven any of the cars you seem intent on bashing?

Looking at your sig, one might wonder why you would come to a Ford related board?

Go troll on a GM website....jesus man your driving a caprice.....LOL

Should've done this awhile ago.

BTW: From here forward, if, in my judgment or Nick's, any thread goes irreparably OT on panthers, it will be closed. Any thread started on the panthers will be summarily closed. There's a forum for panthers, and several panther themed sites out there. I'm sorry that such draconian measures must be resorted to, but the immaturity of some board members has left me with no other choice.

• 4 weeks later...

So, what are the LATEST sales number showing?

Interestingly, my original prediction was based on high gas prices. Now it appears that NOTHING is selling because of the economic crisis. I do have to admit that I've seen a few Flexi on the road but it's not clear that they are selling in volume.

Interestingly, my original prediction was based on high gas prices. Now it appears that NOTHING is selling because of the economic crisis. I do have to admit that I've seen a few Flexi on the road but it's not clear that they are selling in volume.

Not much of ANYTHING is selling in volume, if you haven't noticed. When even mighty TOYOTA is down by 30+%, you're looking at hard times for everyone.

Wasn't this thread locked? :do what:

Should've done this awhile ago.

BTW: From here forward, if, in my judgment or Nick's, any thread goes irreparably OT on panthers, it will be closed. Any thread started on the panthers will be summarily closed. There's a forum for panthers, and several panther themed sites out there. I'm sorry that such draconian measures must be resorted to, but the immaturity of some board members has left me with no other choice.

Oh well, I post my original reply:

Wanted to convey thanks :cheerleader: s, for bringing up Panthers in almost every thread and causing this, and the minority gets to be on the receiving end of it, but the personal attacks were a nice touch. Yay team! :cheerleader:

So, now that the "Panther Mafia" has successfully been locked away in the BON closet, I figure we can utliize this thread for most of our Panther ramblings on those rare occcasions that the pro-Panther people actually initiate them.

Also, since we'll no longer be allowed to respond to all the :cheerleader: s standard issue erroneous Panther attacks in all the other non-Panther threads, we can just quotes/post those responses & links here instead since we know the :cheerleader: s will continue business as usual unabashed. That is all.

Wow....congrats, the Flex outsold the um.....hmmm.....uh.....Sable! this month. :lol2:

And last but not least...

ibtl.jpg

Edited by Armada Master

Wasn't this thread locked? :do what:

Oh well, I post my original reply:

Wanted to convey thanks :cheerleader: s, for bringing up Panthers in almost every thread and causing this, and the minority gets to be on the receiving end of it, but the personal attacks were a nice touch. Yay team! :cheerleader:

So, now that the "Panther Mafia" has successfully been locked away in the BON closet, I figure we can utliize this thread for most of our Panther ramblings on those rare occcasions that the pro-Panther people actually initiate them.

Also, since we'll no longer be allowed to respond to all the :cheerleader: s standard issue erroneous Panther attacks in all the other non-Panther threads, we can just quotes/post those responses & links here instead since we know the :cheerleader: s will continue business as usual unabashed. That is

Wow....congrats, the Flex outsold the um.....hmmm.....uh.....Sable! this month. :lol2:

And last but not least...

ibtl.jpg

:blah: :blah: :boring: :blah: :blah: Edited by chiefstang