Durango Refresh

Anthony

Looks like the Aspen. Badge engineering at it's best. ;)

Yah, I see lots of Aspen in the headlights. The only difference is the Chrysler's are rounded under the reflective elements whereas the Dodge's are straight.

I guess this goes to show that EVERY automaker does some badge engineering now and then!

much better... now if they can remove the durango headlights from the ram and make it look better they will really be doing good... but I still think they are going to far with that grill design...

Very well said! I still can't get past the way the 1/4s flare out to match the taillights. Not cool at all.

The new Durango looks okay...but just okay. Its an improvement from the oddly proportioned 05-06 model, but I do see too much Aspen there with just the different grille and taillights. Frankly, I like the styling on my truck and the previous style Durango and Dakota, but I think the time is coming where Dodge will need to look at new options for the front fender/fascia styling cues. The raised grille, dropped fenders of the Ram looked good in 93, peaked IMO in 02 and ran through 05. The 06 Ram, along with the Durango and Dakota, seem to me to indicate the decline of the design and Dodge should begin studying a new direction. I think the Rampage and Nitro point the way with more narrow headlights that blend into a more square front end and finished off with the cross hair grille.

The new Durango looks too much like a Caravan on steroids. The Dakota isn't too bad but I just still can't grow to love the overly blockly front end as opposed to the 97-04 model.

Ironically I saw a new one parked next to an old one. Unfortunately Dodge seems to be suffering from "Fordiphilia".... That is, refreshing a vehicle and making it look stylistically similar to the older one where it's hard to tell the difference...."Fordiphilia"

What I don't understand about DCX is why, oh why, do they have a success that has culminated in the 300 and Magnum with long hoods, specific-style grilles and headlights and do not carry the styling over to their SUVs which are primarily being used for family use anyway. The Aspen should have headlights and an egg-crate grille like the 300 and the Durango should echo more of a Dodge trucks theme rather than look like a Caravan.