Dude, wheres my hybrid?

twolostminds

Local 249 was scheduled to go back to work today at KCAP and reliable information should be trickling down from the assembly plant to our dealerships soon. So...lets compile the facts here. As you find out your new shipping and deliery dates post them here. Oh and don't forget to flush any unconfirmed speculation down the toiliet before you hit the post button. :finger:

733833~Dude-Where-s-My-Car-Posters.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was finished in the factory Sept 16th, by Sept 20th it was supposed to already be in Kansas City.

No car is here in Atlanta...

where is my Hybrid dude?

Probably two or three spaces down from mine. But now that the temporary layoff is over at KCAP our shiny little gas sippers should be shipping soon. Give your dealership a call on Wednesday after the plant has time to get the system updated and post here if you've received a new ship/delivery date.

I'll say this much, ALLIED SHIPPING (the company Ford uses for shipping) works regardless of the plant running or not. They are contracted employee's that drive the vehicles, load, and ship them without plant personel.

They don't get paid unless Ford gets paid, they want paid so they ship vehicle's ASAP.

In my vehicle's case, it was built on the 25th, Allied accepted it on the 27th at KCAP, and its latest status is in Liberty, MO on Ramp 6Q.

Source of info regarding vehicle is printout from Ford Vehicle Visibilty System on 10-06-08

Its ETA at dealership is listed as October 6th, but it obviously did not make it.

Even if the plant goes down for a week the shipping company will work until they clean the lot out, it may only take 2 days, but they want paid if you get my drift.

Edited by scottfisher

I'll say this much, ALLIED SHIPPING (the company Ford uses for shipping) works regardless of the plant running or not. They are contracted employee's that drive the vehicles, load, and ship them without plant personel.

They don't get paid unless Ford gets paid, they want paid so they ship vehicle's ASAP.

In my vehicle's case, it was built on the 25th, Allied accepted it on the 27th at KCAP, and its latest status is in Liberty, MO on Ramp 6Q.

Source of info regarding vehicle is printout from Ford Vehicle Visibilty System on 10-06-08

Its ETA at dealership is listed as October 6th, but it obviously did not make it.

Even if the plant goes down for a week the shipping company will work until they clean the lot out, it may only take 2 days, but they want paid if you get my drift.

Hiya Scott,

Our little BPS beauty, built on the 12th, was at ramp 6Q on the 16th but we know it never left the plant due to a mysterious quality control hold. I suspect that your FEH is probably a few spots down from mine and vichy's. On the bright side, shadow was told his shipped today and we'll hopefully hear from the dealership tomorow that ours is on its way as well. Yours shouldnt be to far behind.

Local 249 was scheduled to go back to work today at KCAP and reliable information should be trickling down from the assembly plant to our dealerships soon. So...lets compile the facts here. As you find out your new shipping and deliery dates post them here. Oh and don't forget to flush any unconfirmed speculation down the toiliet before you hit the post button. :finger:

(pictured snipped to save space)

The following is a copy/paste from an email my salesrep sent me around 9:00 AM today. It's the output from a query he ran on the Ford Vehicle Tracking System. The only thing I did was convert it to a format that is hopefully more readable on this forum.

• Primary Status: Awaiting Shipment
  • Secondary Status: Released
  • Vehicle Location: Ford Kansas City Assembly, MO
  • Status Date/Time: Oct-06-2008
  • ETA: *Sep-22-2008

Interestingly, the line underneath the top line shows:

• Primary Status: In Transit
  • Secondary Status: Received - 40 (Allied Systems Ltd.)
  • Vehicle Location: Ramp 6Q, Liberty, MO
  • Status Date/Time: Sep-15-2008, 15:38 CT

And the third line of the display reads:

• Primary Status: Awaiting Shipment
  • Secondary Status: Origin Received - 00 (Allied Systems Ltd )
  • Vehicle Location: Ramp 15, Kansas City Asy, MO
  • Status Date/Time: Sep-15-2008, 13:38 CT

Edited by fmorriso

Here's a little tidbit of information for everybody. I called ALLIED SHIPPING directly. Their number is (404)373 4285. They are VERY nice & VERY helpfull on the phone, and even seem happy to help. All you need to give them is the last eight of the vin, and they will tell you everything they know about it. Mine was built on Sept 15 & gate released on Sept 17 according to ViperPilots tracking. ALLIED claims they picked it up at the factory in Kansas City, MO. on Sept 15 to transport it offsite to somewhere in Liberty, MO., where it stayed as part of a large group being held for the last 3 weeks due to "5 seperate quality control holds". I wish we could find out what the issues were, and why the dealers seem to be in the dark about all this. She continued to inform me that they were all just released yesterday, Monday, Oct.06, and transported to rail for shipping. She added that they should all reach their respective destinations within 10 days now. Thought you might like to know... One call to ALLIED SHIPPING provided more information than any of our dealers could...

Here's a little tidbit of information for everybody. I called ALLIED SHIPPING directly. Their number is (404)373 4285. They are VERY nice & VERY helpfull on the phone, and even seem happy to help. All you need to give them is the last eight of the vin, and they will tell you everything they know about it. Mine was built on Sept 15 & gate released on Sept 17 according to ViperPilots tracking. ALLIED claims they picked it up at the factory in Kansas City, MO. on Sept 15 to transport it offsite to somewhere in Liberty, MO., where it stayed as part of a large group being held for the last 3 weeks due to "5 seperate quality control holds". I wish we could find out what the issues were, and why the dealers seem to be in the dark about all this. She continued to inform me that they were all just released yesterday, Monday, Oct.06, and transported to rail for shipping. She added that they should all reach their respective destinations within 10 days now. Thought you might like to know... One call to ALLIED SHIPPING provided more information than any of our dealers could...

When you call (404) 373-4285, press 5 during the voice prompts to get to the people who can tell you if your vehicle has been sent to the rail head or is still being held.

The nice lady I spoke with a few minutes ago laughed because apparently a bunch of us have been calling Allied about the status of our "Hybrid's" as she calls them. :stats:

Hey guys, i know its real tempting to call Allied and get some info but Loretta has waayy too much work on her hands already. Your dealerships have access to the Allied Shipping System and can give you the same information.

Regarding vehicles being 'held offsite' for a quality control issue...some posters are saying they want to know what the qc issues were/are...well you most likely will never know this. It could be that there was a batch of bad parts (for any number of reasons) and that Ford simply did what they felt was in their best interest for themselves and their customers in holding the orders until they could research and verify if any built vehicles were or were not affected. That is just a hypothetical and not a statement of fact however.

The bottom line is that when your vehicle arrives I would bet that Ford did everything to verify your vehicle was built properly and ready for safe use by the consumer. It may be a pain in the rear to compound your wait but, in the end, isn't it really worth it?

Why can't the dealers be told the truth? I was pleasantly surprised when in early Sept, my dealer told me it was coming... I hadn't been bugging him and had though it may not come til November... so he wasn't just lying to placate me.

He was told for sure it would be in my hands by Sept 22.

Also,

he was lied to and told it was due to the gas crisis.

then now that is over, so it must have been a different problem

I guess they were embarassed, which is why I am driving for free a 2008 hybrid escape until mine comes in.

I didn't freak out, but they offered...which shows me they truly feel bad and were not the source of the confusion.

Why is Ford disrespecting their dealers?

That is what gets me.

Anyway... I was told, for 99.999% that I would have the car by noon on Oct 7th... crickets chirping... and no phone call.

Hmmm...so, 10 more days.

Hell, I could walk to Kansas City to get my car sooner than they can bring it to me~!!

Why can't the dealers be told the truth? I was pleasantly surprised when in early Sept, my dealer told me it was coming... I hadn't been bugging him and had though it may not come til November... so he wasn't just lying to placate me.

He was told for sure it would be in my hands by Sept 22.

Also,

he was lied to and told it was due to the gas crisis.

then now that is over, so it must have been a different problem

I guess they were embarassed, which is why I am driving for free a 2008 hybrid escape until mine comes in.

I didn't freak out, but they offered...which shows me they truly feel bad and were not the source of the confusion.

Why is Ford disrespecting their dealers?

That is what gets me.

Anyway... I was told, for 99.999% that I would have the car by noon on Oct 7th... crickets chirping... and no phone call.

Hmmm...so, 10 more days.

Hell, I could walk to Kansas City to get my car sooner than they can bring it to me~!!

How do you know for sure what the dealer was or was not told? It seems that either your dealer WAS told what they said they were told, that your dealer was told the truth and then told you something else (either because they were told to or just made it up) or that your dealer was told nothing and made up the other stories to pacify you until it was resolved. Either way, unless you were in on the conversation how can you, or anyone else, be sure of what was or was not said to the dealers?

I know it sucks and I am sorry for you but you will get your vehicle when it is cleared and delivered...and I betcha that you will love it when you get it.

How do you know for sure what the dealer was or was not told? It seems that either your dealer WAS told what they said they were told, that your dealer was told the truth and then told you something else (either because they were told to or just made it up) or that your dealer was told nothing and made up the other stories to pacify you until it was resolved. Either way, unless you were in on the conversation how can you, or anyone else, be sure of what was or was not said to the dealers?

I know it sucks and I am sorry for you but you will get your vehicle when it is cleared and delivered...and I betcha that you will love it when you get it.

The delay was not ideal but I'd rather have a functioning reliable FEH a few weeks late than a problematic one on time. As for what dealers were or were not told, just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll lollipop....we may never know. Then again, thats also not what this thread is about.

The delay was not ideal but I'd rather have a functioning reliable FEH a few weeks late than a problematic one on time. As for what dealers were or were not told, just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll lollipop....we may never know. Then again, thats also not what this thread is about.

I emailed Ford Customer Service last week for fun and this is what they sent me today: (mine was ordered in April and built on 9/11)

Dear

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the order status of your 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid.

In an effort to assist you, we have researched your inquiry. According to our resources, your vehicle with VIN 5758 is expected to arrive at your selling dealership between 10/13/2008 to 10/20/2008. We recommend you stay in contact with as they are in the best position to address this matter.

If you need assistance with obtaining your selling dealer's contact information, please visit:

www.genuineservice.com

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sometimes e-mail communication does not allow us to gain additional information that may be helpful in responding to your inquiry. Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your questions, please feel free to contact us via telephone at (800)392-3673.

Sincerely,

Customer Relationship Center

Edited by wsg32

:happy feet: :happy feet:

I emailed Ford Customer Service last week for fun and this is what they sent me today: (mine was ordered in April and built on 9/11)

Dear

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the order status of your 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid.

In an effort to assist you, we have researched your inquiry. According to our resources, your vehicle with VIN 5758 is expected to arrive at your selling dealership between 10/13/2008 to 10/20/2008. We recommend you stay in contact with as they are in the best position to address this matter.

If you need assistance with obtaining your selling dealer's contact information, please visit:

www.genuineservice.com

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sometimes e-mail communication does not allow us to gain additional information that may be helpful in responding to your inquiry. Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your questions, please feel free to contact us via telephone at (800)392-3673.

Sincerely,

Customer Relationship Center

I received a call from Customer Relations today. She told me that all the quality holds have been released and that our FEHL is scheduled to arrive at the dealership 10/13. yay!

All of the information you might get from the customer assistance center is available to your dealer. If they did not give you the information, it may be because they did not want to research it or they did not want you to know the facts.

All of the information you might get from the customer assistance center is available to your dealer. If they did not give you the information, it may be because they did not want to research it or they did not want you to know the facts.

In the spirit of the above (talk to the dealer), here's today's update I received by email from my salesrep. Like my previous post, it's the output from a query of the Ford Vehicle Tracking System. Some characters may look a bit weird, which I chalk up to copy/paste weirdness. The top two lines are new since my last post, so I'll post only those.

Top Line:

• Secondary Status: Received - Lef130 (Norfolk Southern Corp )
  • Vehicle Location: Ramp 6P, Kansas City Mc, MO
  • Status Date/Time: Oct-07-2008, 22:45 CT
  • ETA: *Sep-22-2007

Second Line:

• Secondary Status: Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 04496 (Allied Systems Ltd )
  • Status Date/Time: Oct-07-2008, 20:33 CT

How the above can be translated into even a semi-SWAG type of arrival date "escapes" (sorry, couldn't resist) me at the moment. The dealer didn't include it in his latest email.

Edited by fmorriso

In the spirit of the above (talk to the dealer), here's today's update I received by email from my salesrep. Like my previous post, it's the output from a query of the Ford Vehicle Tracking System. Some characters may look a bit weird, which I chalk up to copy/paste weirdness. The top two lines are new since my last post, so I'll post only those.

Top Line:

• Secondary Status: Received - Lef130 (Norfolk Southern Corp )
  • Vehicle Location: Ramp 6P, Kansas City Mc, MO
  • Status Date/Time: Oct-07-2008, 22:45 CT

Second Line:

• Secondary Status: Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 04496 (Allied Systems Ltd )
  • Status Date/Time: Oct-07-2008, 20:33 CT

How the above can be translated into even a semi-SWAG type of arrival date "escapes" (sorry, couldn't resist) me at the moment. The dealer didn't include it in his latest email.

Just got an email from my dealer. The ETA now says Oct-16-2008.

Anybody else getting updates?

Mine made it to the dealership on the 10th, though we are not going to do a Saturday delivery, nobody in service to do final inspection.

Went from KC to one hour South of Toledo Ohio in 2 days, left KC on the 7th to final railhead on the 9th.

Looking at a Monday delivery, one hang-up might be if I finance thru a bank instead of the dealership, bank holiday on Monday may push me to Tuesday.

Whats another couple days when you have waited 5 months already ? Sort of like what another 1000 points in the DOW at this point ?

Mine made it to the dealership on the 10th, though we are not going to do a Saturday delivery, nobody in service to do final inspection.

Went from KC to one hour South of Toledo Ohio in 2 days, left KC on the 7th to final railhead on the 9th.

Looking at a Monday delivery, one hang-up might be if I finance thru a bank instead of the dealership, bank holiday on Monday may push me to Tuesday.

Whats another couple days when you have waited 5 months already ? Sort of like what another 1000 points in the DOW at this point ?

I emailed my dealership today. Our FEHL is at the railhead and should be trucked to the dealership Monday or Tuesday. Probably be picking her up Tuesday or Thursday.

I emailed my dealership today. Our FEHL is at the railhead and should be trucked to the dealership Monday or Tuesday. Probably be picking her up Tuesday or Thursday.

I saw my 09 FEH LTD today, IT DOES ACTUALLY EXIST!!!! :happy feet: My company purchases thru a fleet company and the fleet department of the delivering dealer is closed on the weekend. It's funny, nobody from the dealership bothered to let me know that it was in. (although they only make $150 on the entire transaction) I was in the neighborhood of the dealership this afternoon and stopped by. We walked their vehicle lot and there it was with a nice bright red tag hanging from the rearview mirror SOLD (to me). Anyhow, with any luck I'll pick it up on Monday if they get the paperwork taken care of, otherwise I'll have to wait another week, until I'm back in town. Keep your fingers crossed!

This must mean the bottle neck is finally clearing up and the recently produced vehicles are starting to arrived at the dealers. (Mine was produced on 9/11/08 and the dealer is in Southern CA, in Long Beach, CA)

More to follow....

Edited by wsg32

Well my dealership told me that my vehicle was schedule to be made today, so that's great news. I got the VIN# on Oct 2nd, and today is the 13th, so a little under two weeks from VIN# to Production. I'm hoping to see my vehicle before the end of October! I ordered a 2009 FEH FWD.

Edited by zoomlmk

My vehicle arrived today at the dealership. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow! This being my first real car buy (on the X-plan too), what stuff do I need to bring (besides my checkbook and license), and what kind of shenanigans can I expect from the dealer? He does seem to have been very straightforward this whole time.