Dude, wheres my hybrid?

twolostminds

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I'll definitely forward your suggestion to the salesman. In fact, I'll suggest everyone in the dealership read it. They sure need it.

YOU need it, not the dealer, not the salesman, and not anybody else here, JUST YOU!

Why don't you just stop posting altogether, nothing at all, until AFTER you've got your new car. Can you do that?

everyone needs to stop bitchin. this guy is excited about getting his car. if your on this forum then chances are your also waiting for your vehicle and just as excited. ignore his posts if you are that intolerable of somebody who's excitement level is above yours.

Also.....

I can't wait for my vehicle to arrive in a couple weeks!

I'm just going to assume you have absolutely no idea of the history of this guy's posts here, so your comment will be taken as it is, from someone who just walked in on a long, drawn-out melodramatic conversation at the tail end (or in the middle of it if my dire prediction comes to pass).

Since this thread has been mysteriously hijacked by someone having a fecal frenzy over the arrival delay of his/her FEH is there any way the starter of this thread (me) can close it to new posts and let it drop off into oblivion?

As an alternative, maybe we should try to get the thread back on track! My MMH was scheduled to be built either yesterday or today (possibly tomorrow). I'm waiting for confirmation from the dealer. With a scheduled build date of 10/20/08, the dealer estimated delivery to be 11/03/08. Hope he is right!

As an alternative, maybe we should try to get the thread back on track! My MMH was scheduled to be built either yesterday or today (possibly tomorrow). I'm waiting for confirmation from the dealer. With a scheduled build date of 10/20/08, the dealer estimated delivery to be 11/03/08. Hope he is right!

I got word from the dealer my FEH Limited arrived today. I took it for a test drive (had 6 miles on it). Very nice. Sweet how the engine cuts when stopped and seemless going between electric and ICE. I will pick it up tomorrow. Official order date: April 22, Official purchase date: October 22 - exactly 6 months.

I got word from the dealer my FEH Limited arrived today. I took it for a test drive (had 6 miles on it). Very nice. Sweet how the engine cuts when stopped and seemless going between electric and ICE. I will pick it up tomorrow. Official order date: April 22, Official purchase date: October 22 - exactly 6 months.

Congrats on your new ride! Six months to wait for a new car is a long time. If mine is delivered on schedule, it will be three months from order (08/04/08) to delivery (11/03/08). I would be interested in hearing your thought on your Escape after you've had some time with it. Good luck!

Congrats on your new ride! Six months to wait for a new car is a long time. If mine is delivered on schedule, it will be three months from order (08/04/08) to delivery (11/03/08). I would be interested in hearing your thought on your Escape after you've had some time with it. Good luck!

I picked up my new vehicle today and am very impressed. Got about 30 mpg combo highway (70 mph cruise control) and city for about 60 miles thus far. I assume I will do better as it breaks in. I have read that some think the FEH is somewhat loud. I have to admit that thought did cross my mind also but I think part of it might be you get used to the silence when in electric mode and then when the ICE kicks on (seemlessly I might add) it just seems louder - just a thought. I would say that it seems "loudest" at 2000 RPM's - not sure if anyone else notices this at that RPM level.

I have not seen a post on cargo/luggage space here before so I will offer my two cents for those of you who care. The FEH cargo area will fit easily 3 large suitcases, two small suitcases and a small cooler with room to spare. Plenty of space for a family of 4 on a weeks cross country vaca. It also fits golf clubs nicely as well.

I picked up my new vehicle today and am very impressed. Got about 30 mpg combo highway (70 mph cruise control) and city for about 60 miles thus far. I assume I will do better as it breaks in. I have read that some think the FEH is somewhat loud. I have to admit that thought did cross my mind also but I think part of it might be you get used to the silence when in electric mode and then when the ICE kicks on (seemlessly I might add) it just seems louder - just a thought. I would say that it seems "loudest" at 2000 RPM's - not sure if anyone else notices this at that RPM level.

I have not seen a post on cargo/luggage space here before so I will offer my two cents for those of you who care. The FEH cargo area will fit easily 3 large suitcases, two small suitcases and a small cooler with room to spare. Plenty of space for a family of 4 on a weeks cross country vaca. It also fits golf clubs nicely as well.

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback. It make sense that the ICE would seem loud after running in EV mode. Even if the ICE is marginally louder than what we would expect, it would probably seem much louder compared to EV mode. If it gets too bad, you can always turn up the radio! I am not in need of a lot of cargo space (only me and occasionally my daughter), but it is good to know that it is there if I need it.

I had a nearly identical experience with my 2009 FEHL 4WD:

Receipt Date: 4/21/2008

Serialize Date: 8/14/2008

Segment Date: 8/14/2008

Sequence Date: 8/28/2008

Blend Date: 9/4/2008

Produced Date: 9/10/2008

Gate Release Date: 9/15/2008

Ship Date: 9/15/2008

Arrival Date: 10/20/2008

Sold Date: 10/21/2008

Six months to the day, almost identical to your experience.

I had a nearly identical experience with my 2009 FEHL 4WD:

Receipt Date: 4/21/2008

Serialize Date: 8/14/2008

Segment Date: 8/14/2008

Sequence Date: 8/28/2008

Blend Date: 9/4/2008

Produced Date: 9/10/2008

Gate Release Date: 9/15/2008

Ship Date: 9/15/2008

Arrival Date: 10/20/2008

Sold Date: 10/21/2008

Six months to the day, almost identical to your experience.

So how do you like it?

The day is almost near, I was told by my dealership that my 2009 FEH would arrive the week of Oct 26th. I had ordered it June 12th. I also called Allied shipping like mentioned at the beginning of this post and let me tell you, the lady on the other end was NOT happy about me asking for tracking information on my vehicle. She kept on telling me to talk to my dealership, which you all know leads you to a dead end sometiems. I'm not sure what happened between now and the times you guys called up Allied and the lady was so chirper, but I pretty much had to pry the information loose from her. I almost lost my cool because she was being so rude about it.

The day is almost near, I was told by my dealership that my 2009 FEH would arrive the week of Oct 26th. I had ordered it June 12th. I also called Allied shipping like mentioned at the beginning of this post and let me tell you, the lady on the other end was NOT happy about me asking for tracking information on my vehicle. She kept on telling me to talk to my dealership, which you all know leads you to a dead end sometiems. I'm not sure what happened between now and the times you guys called up Allied and the lady was so chirper, but I pretty much had to pry the information loose from her. I almost lost my cool because she was being so rude about it.

Sorry to hear but sounds like you may the victim of downsteam venting as a result of others not being so polite with her and perhaps calling her on a very frequent basis for updates of their vehicles. You will love it when you get it though.

Sorry to hear but sounds like you may the victim of downsteam venting as a result of others not being so polite with her and perhaps calling her on a very frequent basis for updates of their vehicles. You will love it when you get it though.

Got mine Yesterday! - 5 months and 16 days after ordering - Thus far I love my FEH!!!!!

:redcard: Loretta and the people who work under her are really NOT supposed to give ANY information to us "end users" as we are NOT their customer. It is a violation of Allied customer privacy policy. I have used Allied several times over the past few years to ship classic cars around the country and I can tell you, they are busy enough without us calling in for status updates. Loretta's team was flooded with calls after that phone number was posted here. If anyone wants to track their vehicle they should convince their salesperson to give them the railcar number. This information is available at the dealership via their tracking program. Then and only then should you call the Allied number and use the automated service. Sorry if I sound a bit grumpy but Loretta is a great woman who works very hard providing customer service to Alllied's customers. Also, I may not have had enough coffee...might have to put on a 3rd pot. :reading:

It is terrific. The folks at KCAP did a great job of building it. Six pictures I took of it can be seen at 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4WD

Looks awesome. I almost regret not getting the white, but the dealership didn't have a color swatch I could check out at the time of ordering mine.

As for the Allied shipping, indirectly, I am their customer and I think have a right to know where my vehicle is. However, I can see how a bunch of Hybrid owners calling in constantly can drain the patiences. But it makes no sense for me to call my dealership and try to pry from them where my vehicle is (when the only answer I get is "oh, it's coming") when I can spend 1 minute getting the exact info I need from Allied. I may just pose as the dealership when I call next time so I don't have to finagle the info from the Allied lady. Illegal impersonation? Perhaps. Worth it? Heck yeah, I wanna know where my car is! :)

Looks awesome. I almost regret not getting the white, but the dealership didn't have a color swatch I could check out at the time of ordering mine.

As for the Allied shipping, indirectly, I am their customer and I think have a right to know where my vehicle is. However, I can see how a bunch of Hybrid owners calling in constantly can drain the patiences. But it makes no sense for me to call my dealership and try to pry from them where my vehicle is (when the only answer I get is "oh, it's coming") when I can spend 1 minute getting the exact info I need from Allied. I may just pose as the dealership when I call next time so I don't have to finagle the info from the Allied lady. Illegal impersonation? Perhaps. Worth it? Heck yeah, I wanna know where my car is! :)

Sorry, but no, you are not a customer of Allied. Unless you are the shipper of the goods or the one identified on the waybill as the receiver of the goods you are not. We the consumer may not like this but it is fact. Your dealership and the Ford plant are the customers of Allied and it is they who should be contacting that company for shipping information. As the earlier poster stated they offer a semi-automated means of tracking your vehicle if you know your railcar number. Again, you need to go through the customer of Allied, your dealer, to get this information. As far as trying to circumvent the process and pose as someone you are not, well that just goes to show something about your character if you are being truthful about that comment. If it was in jest then I would probably say that, given this the totality of this thread that this would be in bad taste. Please work with your dealer to get your information the right way so the system is not compromised for other consumers after you.

<snip>

After test driving a 2008 FEH in March, I said my good byes to the dealer and then quietly wandered around the lot in areas where there were no salespeople, looking for any Ford vehicle with a window sticker that said the exterior color was White Suede. It didn't take me long to find a big honkin' 2008 Ford Expedition with that color listed on the window sticker (and a couple of Fusions, I think), so I knew in advance what that color would look like. Same thing for Ice Blue.

Anybody curious why there are two "Black" colors and no "Red" (Torch Red, anyone?) color available for the hybrid models? Did the paint inventory guy mess up and order too much of one color and not enough of the other? Not all that important. Right up there with when did the first human decide to pry open a clam and eat the insides. Self-inflicted :finger: inserted.

I received my Hyrid Limited yesterday after ordering on May 10th. Long wait, but worth it. I love all the features. I'm still learning the best practices as to driving in electric mode. In a day and a half I'm averaging 30 mph.

The folks behind you probably aren't too pleased :P .

Seriously, it's heartening to see I'm not the only one with a loooooooooong wait (ordered June 9th), and it gives me hope that mine, too will arrive someday.

Just out of curiosity, where are you located? Geography seems to play a part in the wait time.

Local 249 was scheduled to go back to work today at KCAP and reliable information should be trickling down from the assembly plant to our dealerships soon. So...lets compile the facts here. As you find out your new shipping and deliery dates post them here. Oh and don't forget to flush any unconfirmed speculation down the toiliet before you hit the post button. :finger:

Has anyone heard about more downtime at KCAP? My dealer inventory manager is now saying that all orders through year end are spoken for and the plant is basically producing already committed Hybrids.

I found this thread that mentions downtime on the SUV (Escape) lines, meaning that the overtime/3rd shift will be cut, but nothing else.